Belong

My Unlucky Girl

 

Jaejoong’s POV

We are seated in a chair as the stylist does our hair. Nam was on my side and was as always, looking nervous, her fingers drumming on the table in front of us.

“Hey,” I said, looking at her. She didn’t even hear me. She was staring into space.

I placed my hand on top of her drumming fingers, then she looked at me.

“Stop it.” I scolded.

“Stop, what?”

“You’re fingers… You’ve done this so many times, right? So, stop being nervous.” I said.

“I can’t help it. I really am nervous.” She replied, her eyebrows pulled together in anxiety.

“In the scene you are going in, is just you watching me sing on stage.”

“But…”

“Look at me.” I said.

“What?” she answered, gazing up at me.

“Good, now you’re looking at me.” I smiled.

“Then?” she said.

I sighed loudly. “Then stop being nervous because I’m here.” I said.

“All right…I’ll try.” She said, breathing deeply and evenly.

“Okay, guys! Let’s start.” The director shouted, once again.

And then we started… The scene was, just like I said, I would sing on stage with Yoochun and Junsu, since in the story, we are supposed to have a band. I was actually going to sing for MinRi (Sunyi’s character).

I was up on the stage and now ready.

Then I started to sing… and was looking at Nam, unconsciously

“Cut!” the director shouted. “Excuse me, Jaejoong, you’re supposed to look at Sunyi, okay? Don’t stare at your best friend.” He smiled.

*Was I staring?*

“And, Nam? You’re doing great, just look at Jaejoong like that… like you’re full of pain or something.” He said again. “All right, then let’s start again…”

After a couple of takes, we took a break.

“You did great back there, huh?” I said, as I stopped beside Nam.

“Did I?” she smiled. “I’m relieved.”

I frowned looking ahead.

“What?” Nam asked and followed my gaze.

Sunyi was walking to us, flipping her hair over her shoulder. Some of the guys were staring at her.

*What now?*

“Annyeong Jaejoong-oppa! Nice acting back there.” she smiled. But I just rolled my eyes when she wasn’t looking.

Sunyi turned to Nam. “Can I have a minute with you?” she asked Nam, politely.

“Uh…me?” Nam answered, uncertain.

“Of course.” Sunyi answered cheerfully.

“Oh, okay.” She replied.

“Wait… where are you two going?” I asked as Sunyi lead Nam away from me.

“Somewhere private.” Sunyi answered, winking at me. “Don’t worry, oppa, I’ll give her back to you.”

I nodded once.

You better do give her back…. Since somewhere in my heart, I know that she belongs to me.