Bad Eyesight

My Unlucky Girl

 

Nam’s POV

*What got into Jaejoong-sshi. Suddenly being generous… Pssh. Sometimes , I really can’t understand guys.*

*But this ice cream is really YUMMY!* I smiled, savoring every spoonful of ice cream.

“Yah, stop smiling like that, you look silly.” He said, taking a spoon and eating some ice cream.

“Silly or not, this ice cream is really good.” I said, smiling just as widely.

He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. And I just continued eating happily.

“Yah, maid. You have---” he started gesturing something with his hand towards his lips.

“What?” I said, holding my spoon close to my lips.

He rolled his eyes, then grabbed a tissue from the table and dabbed it on my lips gently.

I stared at his face, closer to me than it ever was.

My heart raced without me even noticing it.

*Park Nam, get hold of yourself.*

“You have cream on your lips and you didn’t even notice it. Pssh. Childish.” He said, his eyebrows furrowed.

“Uh-uhm…” I stuttered.

He seated himself again and I took a deep breath. I didn’t know that I even stopped my breathing.

 I gently put down my spoon.

*Gosh! My heart’s beating so fast. What on earth is happening to me?!*

“We should go home now, Jaejoong-sshi. You might get discovered by someone.” I said.

“Arasso.” He said, standing up and dropping some bills which I know is more than the amount that should be paid.

He drove silently. It’s getting dark already.

We arrived shortly at the condo after a couple of minutes.

“Kamsahamnida for taking me out to eat Jaejoong-sshi.” I said bowing. He just nodded and started to walk towards his room but stopped in midstride.

“Hey, maid, before you rest, cut me some apple, will you?” he said, and went to his room.

I obediently went to the kitchen and was cutting an apple when---*BZZZZZT*

Darkness fell around me. The electricity is out. *Oh, gosh. I really have a bad eyesight, that whenever it’s dark I practically can’t see a thing but shadows. “Ouch!” I yelped, when I accidentally grazed my palm with the knife. I felt the blood trickle down my wrist.

I fumbled on the kitchen, meaning to wash my wound in the sink, then I bumped into something and fell on the ground. “Ow, ow! Aissh.” I whispered in the dark. Something crashed loudly nearby.

*PLAANGG!!*

I clutched my arm where that something hit it. *Aissh!This will definitely become a bruise.*

Then footsteps came closer.

“Yah, maid!” Jaejoong-sshi said. “What the on earth are you doing down there?” He said, helping me stand up.

“Ow.” I whispered, when he unintentionally touched my bleeding palm.

“What?” he said, and then… “You have a wound.” He said, almost sounding concerned and at the same time irritated.

“Can you see me?” I asked, almost whispering.

“Of course. I’m not blind.” He said, gently holding my wounded hand.

“But I am.” I answered.

He slowly guided me to the sink. “Why the hell did you move when you knew you can’t see anything?” he said annoyed.

“I have a wound and I’m trying to find the sink. Besides, I don’t have night blindness. It’s just bad eyesight.” I replied, as I felt the water cleanse the wound in my hand.

“Yah! You shouldn’t have done that!” he said, angry now. I was surprised at the tone of his voice, as if on cue. All the lights went on.

Then I saw his face, concern written in every feature of it. His mouth was set into a hard line, his forehead creased and his eyes staring intently on my wounded palm, his hand clutching my wrist gently. I realized that he was controlling his anger.

“Are you okay?” I asked. He dropped my hand and went out of the kitchen.

He came back again, holding a bandage and ointment.

He seated me on the chair and gently placed my hand, wounded palm up, on his knee and started to put some medicine.

I winced. The ointment stings. And then he started to blow my wound, the gesture so reassuring and calm that my heart sped up.

He gently wrapped the bandage on my left palm. “You should always be careful.” He said very silently, his voice still tainted with anger? Concern? I’m not sure.

He averted his eyes on my arm, which is now starting to take the color of a bruise and started to put some medicine on it too. I remained silent, concentrating on calming my running heart.

After a minute, he stood up then and I did too.

“Maid.” He said. “Don’t ever do this again. Don’t be stupid. Don’t be reckless. Don’t be clumsy. Don't be---” he stopped, brows furrowed, staring straight into my eyes, almost glaring.

And then, he hugged me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

“I was worried.” He said silently. “You should know that there’s someone who cares for you…” He whispered softly, “Always.” And tightened his embrace.

Then he pulled back and walked away, as if nothing happened, leaving me standing there… my heart going crazy.


Annyeong! Sorry for the late update... so, here it is, ENJOY :D Thanks to everyone :)) Kamsahamnida! *BOW*  ♥