Not So Cold

My Unlucky Girl

 

Nam’s POV

We got home at about 5 in the afternoon. I was already so tired. Yoochun and Junsu tried to convince Jaejoong for them to visit his condo unit with us. But Jaejoong’s coldness won, (And I think that’s usual for them) so, they went home reluctantly, saying they will see us soon. Jaejoong is obviously the coldest person I have ever met. Pssh. He opened the door of the condo unit, when we arrived, and went in immediately and I followed after him. I was about to go to my room when he called,

“Hey, maid.” he said, not looking at me. He was on the threshold of his own room.

“Deh?” I answered.

“Clean the whole house first before taking a rest.” He said and went inside his room, shutting the door behind him.

*Aww, I’m so tired… But I shouldn’t slack with my job. I need this. Really need it.*

“Arasso, Jaejoong-sshi.” I answered loudly, so he could hear it inside his room. Then, I got the vacuum cleaner and started vacuuming the living room. Jaejoong then, went out of his room, dressed in a simple white v-neck shirt and dark pants.

*Even with simple clothes on he still look…uh, handsome… Yah! Okay. I meant g-gorgeous. He’s gorgeous. Pssh. Not that I care.*

“Don’t stare at me, maid. You might vacuum my whole carpet.” He said, without looking at me again and sat on the couch and switched the big, flat screen television on with the remote control.

“I’m not staring.” I snapped and made a face at his back.

I cleaned the house for about two hours without a break and I was about to put the vacuum cleaner back in its place when Jaejoong saw me, “You haven’t cleaned my room yet.” He said, looking relaxed and well-rested on his throne (the couch, I mean). I sighed and went to his room and cleaned it thoroughly, I even cleaned the bathrooms already and all the spare rooms too.

I was finished cleaning the whole house, I mean “whole” house after an hour.

“Jaejoong-sshi, I already finished cleaning the whole house. Do you want me to cook dinner for you?” I asked.

He shook his head, his eyes glued on the movie he was watching.

*Oh, YES! Finally, I can rest.*

“Then, I’ll rest now.” I bowed and turned to go, but then…

“Wait, maid, I changed my mind, I want you to cook some food for me.” He said suddenly.

“What? I thought you said no?” I asked.

“Didn’t I say that I changed my mind?” he said coldly. “Just cook for me, okay?” he repeated, looking at me for the first time since we arrived, (not that I was paying close attention to him.)

*Aww, I thought I can already rest. Pssh!*

“Arasso…” I said and I turned, but then I thought I saw a small smile playing on his lips, even though he was watching a serious movie. I turned around again; he was still watching the movie. No smile on his lips.  *I think he’s playing around with me. Aissh!*  I went to the kitchen and cooked some food for him.

*Pssh! He’s like a girl. Changing his mind again and again. It’s a bit irritating. Really.*

After cooking for him, I walked towards the living room and said, “Jaejoong-sshi, your food’s ready.”

He stood up (gracefully), switching the television off and passed me by to the kitchen. I followed again and stopped beside the table. He sat and quietly ate his food.

“Sit across me, maid. Don’t just stand there.” He said. “Aren’t you hungry?” he asked, not actually sounding concerned.

“I’m not.” I said sleepily, sitting across him. “Jaejoong-sshi…  Can I ask you something?”  I said.

“You’re already asking.” He answered, looking up from his food.

“Why are you so cold?” I asked again, ignoring what he said.

“Mind your own business.” He replied.

“That’s what I’m talking about.”

“What?” he asked, innocently.

“You’re cold again.”

“That’s the true me. I can’t help it.”

“Well, you should, if you want girls to faint whenever you’re around.” I said.

“Are you blind? They’re already fainting at the sight of me.” He said, putting his spoon down.

“Finish?” I asked. He nodded in reply, pushing his bowl away slightly. “But they’re just fainting because of your face.” I continued.

“Are you saying that I’m handsome?” he smiled, arrogantly.

“I’m saying that you are cold and that they’re fainting because you’re a superstar.” I said.

“And because I’m handsome.” He added his smile widening, still seated on his chair.

“Whatever, Jaejoong-sshi.” I said. “So proud and arrogant, as always.” I whispered.

“What?” he said, watching me while I wash the dishes.

“Nothing.” I replied. “You won’t continue the movie?” I asked, curiously.

“I’m getting bored. I want to watch someone wash the dishes. By hands.” He said.

“Well then, I’ll use the dishwasher instead.” I said, even though I’m not actually familiar using it.

“No, don’t… It entertains me.” He said.

“It entertains you to see someone suffer.” I corrected. He just smiled at me. My stupid heart skipping a beat and I don’t know why.  Aissh.

After I finished washing the dishes, he stood up and said, “I’m going to sleep since I have a meeting tomorrow.” He frowned.

*The meeting with the lady character…*

“Well, good night, Jaejoong-sshi.” I said.

“Yes…”  He replied, and turned to go, but then he stopped and  looked at me.

“By the way, it was nice watching you clean the house and do the dishes. You entertained me.” He said with an irritating, but stunning smile.

“What?! You let me clean the whole house even though it was already shining just because it entertains you?” I asked, frowning.

He nodded in reply, still smiling.

“You really enjoy seeing someone suffer.” I said, irritated.

He turned. “I do not enjoy seeing someone suffer.” He said.

“Most of all, I do not enjoy seeing you suffer.” He whispered, his back turned to me.

I was stunned and he started walking away.

I thought he’s cold. But deep inside his heart, Kim Jaejoong is kind.

My heart was beating really fast as I walked towards my room, his words like a song in my head.

Most of all, I do not enjoy seeing you suffer.

I just cannot stop my heart from racing…

 


 

I'm sorry :(  super late again. I hope you're not angry, but if you are. it's okay. I'm really sorry. But here it is... I hope you'll enjoy.:) Thanks! I'll try my best to update again, real soon :D THANK YOU! ♥