The Role

My Unlucky Girl

 

Jaejoong’s POV

We acted all day long and at last were finished for this day. The new actress who was supposed to be my best friend who was in love with me messed up earlier that’s why we took so long. Pssh.

*Agghh! It’s really tiring *

I turned around and saw Nam packing the bags of other staffs. I sighed. This girl is really helpful. She can’t even stay on her chair even though I ordered her to. I’m so glad I came with her here. She never fails to fascinate me. I smiled thoughtfully.

“Yah, maid. You’re doing things that you should not do again.” I said and grabbed her hand.

“W-Wait. Jaejoong-sshi…”

I stopped and faced her. “Did you see me act?” I asked her.

Her eyes brightened. “Of course, I saw you.” She smiled.

“So, how was it?” I said, resisting the urge to smile at her.

“Uhmm… good. “ she said, seating beside me.

“Yah! What good? Are you kidding me? I was great.”

She laughed and shrugged. I narrowed my eyes at her. “I was great, so great.” I said.

“You always compliment yourself, you know that.” She grinned.

“Of course.” I smiled. “And you always deny that I’m great, you know that.” I said.

“I’m not denying anything…”she giggled. “Hmm. And I think Junsu and Yoochun acted so great. They were very good.” She beamed, her perfect white teeth was almost glistening.

I laughed. “You’re kidding me, aren’t you?”  she just smiled at me again. *aissh! This girl!*

Then something catches my eye. I sighed.

I held my hand towards her, palm up. “What?” she asked, looking at my outstretched hand. “Water? Tissue?” she asked.

“No. Your hand.” I said, looking in her eyes.

She just lifted one of her eyebrows at me curiously. I sighed again loudly this time and gently took her left hand in mine.

I examined the cut in her finger. The wound is still fresh not so long ago. I grabbed a bandage on the table and put it on her wound. “Where did you get this?” I asked her , as she pulled her hand back.

“Oh, … uhm… I didn’t notice it actually.” She smiled. “Thanks.”  She bit her lip looking at the bandage.

“How clumsy can you be?” I asked her, jokingly, smiling.

“Yah! I’m not clumsy… uh, well, maybe a bit.” She said. I pinched her cheeks. “Ow!” she protested slapping my hand away.

“Unlucky girl.” I smiled.

Someone cleared his throat. We looked up at the same time. It was the director smiling at us like we’re his favorite toys of all time.

“Kim Jaejoong, you acted so great a while ago.” he complimented me as I stood up and shook his outstreched hand. “Keep it up.”

“Thank you.” I said, but I was not actually looking at the director, but at Nam. I give her a Like-I-said look and smiled.

She stuck her tongue out at me.

“So,” the director continued. “I see you’re having fun with…” he gestured at Nam.

“Park Nam.” She smiled and bowed. “Annyeonghaseyo. Nice to meet you.”

“Oh, Park Nam. Who is she? Her face’s familiar.” The director said, looking at her face.

I cursed silently. *The stupid newspaper.*

“I’m Kim Jaejoong’s maid.” She said politely.

“Maid?” he asked shocked. He turned to me, “Lucky you, Jaejoong-sshi. You have a pretty maid.” He complimented her and laughed loudly. Nam blushed a little, flattered.

 I smiled. *Yes, very pretty.*

“So… Jaejoong-sshi. There are some problems with an actress…” the director said.

*Why do I care if there’s a problem?*

“The actress who is supposed to be your best friend, well, she didn’t make the cut…” he looked at Nam.

“Park Nam-sshi, you’re now portraying Jaejoong-sshi’s girl best friend. You fit in that role.” He smiled.

“Bwoh?!”  Nam and I said in unison.