Persuade

My Unlucky Girl

Jaejoong's POV

 

“What is this Jaejoong?” manager asks in frustration as the newspaper flops down the table.

It’s a picture of me and Nam holding hands, with a headline,

~Topstar Kim Jaejoong dating unpopular girl? Who is she?~

I cursed silently. *This will cause Nam trouble. She'll be the center of the attention of those fangirls.* 

I'm glad that the picture was not that clear, but you can still recognize me and a bit of Nam's features. I cursed again.

“That’s nothing.” I said nonchalantly, drinking a bottle of water. It just took 24 hours before the newspapers have me on the headline. It’s early in the morning and I’m already being scolded.

“Nothing? Are you sure? You shouldn’t be on news like this. You should be more careful Jaejoong and the fact that Nam, who is your maid, is living with you will cause great trouble, you know that. I agreed to it because I know you’re careful.” He scolded.

“Arasso. I know that.” I said, crossing my arms and frowning.

“Okay. I should probably go now. I’ll make this clear with the reporters.” He stood up, “By the way, prepare now, the shooting will be starting later. Don’t be late.” He reminded me and left.

I sighed. Those irritating paparazzis are a nuisance as always.

“Jaejoong-sshi?” I turned and Nam was standing there looking uncomfortable.

“Mmm?” I said. “You should sit. Don’t just stand there.”

She sat at the couch beside mine. Too far.

“What?” I said, decreasing the volume of the television.

“Mianhe.” She said looking down on her hands.

“You’re sorry for what?” I asked, not looking at her.

“It’s my fault that you got in trouble.” She whispered.

“Stop that nonsense maid. Those paparazzis are the one to blame.” I responded.

“Jaejoong-sshi?... Now that I got my income from your manager, I should probably get an apartment.” She said.

*What the---!*

“Yah! What are you talking about? You…” I said glaring at her.

“It’s because I’ve caused so much trouble… And it’s not like you’ll be losing me as a maid…” she answered.

*I want you to stay.*

“Well…whatever, it’s your choice.” I said frowning, pretending that I don’t care.

“But , you know, it’s not like I am forcing you to go. You can … you know… stay for just a couple of days…” I said.

She looked at me, smiling. “Do you really want me to stay?”

I looked at her and frowned, “Yah! that’s not what I said.” *But that’s what I meant.*

She shrugged. “I’d stay for maybe, three days, so I could get an apartment.”

“Whatever you want, I really don’t care. Pssh.” I said, glaring at the television.

“O-kay.” She said, pouting a bit.

“By the way, I’m not persuading you to stay, understand?” I said coldly.

“I wasn’t even saying anything.” She frowned.

“I just want us to be clear.” I said and stood up.

~My day is already ruined. ~