Dream Wedding

A Blessing or A Curse

 

 

A/N: FanXing, anyone?

 

"Baekhyunie, you're being harsh to Henry-ssi." Sehun in a reprimanding tone.

 

"Please call me Henry and yes I know that she hates me. Truth be told, she didn't even speak to me before. Not even once when we see each other almost everyday back then."

 

"Did you try to talk to her?" Sehun asked. Sometimes, super intelligent guys can be so dense. Her brothers were perfect examples.

 

"Err. . .w-well, no. Not really."

 

"And you expect her to approach you first? Are you--aw!" Baekhyun got interrupted when Sehun stepped on her foot. "What's that for?"

 

"If you're done eating, then maybe we can move to our next stop. What do you say, huh?"

 

"We have a next stop?" He asked. The ordeal wasn't over yet? He groaned inwardly.

 

"Of course we do." The she-devil smiled again and he hates it when she does that. Made him think of doom. Like she was plotting his damnation or something. He tried to shake the negative thoughts off.

 

"O-Okay." He left some bills on the table and they headed for the door. He was about to go to the parking lot when the two caught both of his arms.

 

"We're not taking the car. You grew up in China, you should walk." Baekhyun said sternly. Amber told them that Henry was royalty in his own right, too, but she just wanted to spite him. And she's beginning to enjoy it. They walked around Huaihai with Henry feeling awkard having two weird girls in his arms. Then they stopped into a halt in front of a designer shop.

 

"Aha! Gotcha." Sehun pushed the door open without letting go of his arm.

 

"What are we doing here?"

 

"We'll dress you up, Ken! Come on!" Squealed Baekhyun. They dragged him inside and he can't even find the voice to argue. There were only a few people inside the store and they weren't paying any attention. One of the staff approached them.

 

"I think you’re in the wrong store." He didn't even try to make his degrading gaze discreet. He felt both women beside him stiffen. Sehun raised a hand and he thought she'll slap the poor guy but she removed her wig instead. Her long black hair fell onto her shoulders. Baekhyun did the same. She looked quite appealing with those smoky eyes and her real hair. Sehun removed her sunglasses and the man in front of them froze.

 

"Do you know who I am?" Sehun asked calmly, her tone not betraying her rage. He nodded slowly. "Send those people out. We want the whole store for ourselves for the rest of the day."

 

"And get Mr. Michele on the phone." Baekhyun added. The man's face drained of all color and Henry almost shook his head but chose not to. Alessandro Michele was Gucci’s Creative Director. The girls then occupied a comfortable couch near the changing booths.

 

"I. . .err, are you okay?"

 

"Hell no!" They said in unison and he winced.

 

"People can't stop looking from just the outside. It really ticks me off!" Baekhyun growled.

 

"I hate to do this but some people really force me to." Sehun removed her flats and raised her legs on the couch, hugging them.

 

"Hey. . .this can't be too bad, right?" He tried to pacify both of them. Henry was starting to think he really did something terrible in one of his past lives and he was being punished. First, he had to deal with two hyperactive women. But surprisingly, he found it real easy than dealing with two upset ones. What a bugger! The two just ignored him like he wasn't there. "I think you should stick to the plan." He said and he wanted to regret it the moment it escaped his lips. Their faces lit up.

 

"Okay, okay! But before you skin me alive or something, I just have a few conditions."

 

"You're under our mercy so you're not allowed to call the shots. We do that, clear?"

 

"Oh, give him some slack, honey." Sehun winked. "What is it, Henry?"

 

"Can you tell me what your plans are for today? So that I can brace myself?" He slumped onto one of the couches. Fatigue was starting to kick in. He'd been working like a dog for these past weeks. Not only for Lockheed Martin but also for his mother's business. She asked him to take over when she fell ill. He can't help but think that it was just his mother's way to keep him at bay. To once again control his life.

 

In a matter of minutes, he was bombarded with clothes to try. They even asked him to walk like a ramp model and would giggle from his lousiness.

 

"Oh, brother! You look like a dork. Sister," Baekhyun forced Sehun up, who, by the way, already consumed two bags full of takeout food courtesy of Mr. Michele himself. He wondered why she wasn't obese.

 

"Alright. Gege," He raised an eyebrow. When did they become this close? "What? Amber's older than me and you are older than us." She said and he didn't bother to contradict her. He knew it will be unhealthy for him. "First of all, you don't wear suits on casual dates. And you're twenty five not forty five!" She continued when he didn't say anything. "So you don't have to dress like one."

 

"I started dressing like this since I was a child." He said defensively. Because of their social stature, he was used to every perk a noble could have. Including someone that picks out what he wears everyday. He's already used to it that even if he lived alone in the US, he still picked the same clothes. "And it's not as if what you're wearing's casual." Baekhyun was wearing synthetic leather and Sehun a floral retro dress.

 

"We're disguising, remember?" Baekhyun shot back. They ran away from their bodyguards. But she was sure they were still being followed.

 

"Will you stop that nastiness? What did I do to you?" He really can't help himself. Maybe she should tell him what the problem was.

 

"If you tell me why you're so pretty." Baekhyun lifted her chin.

 

"Hah! You think that's funny?"

 

"No really, you are pretty." Sehun beamed. He closed his eyes in frustration and he never opened it again until the two imps were done with the little makeover.

 

*******************************************

 

"When are you going to tell Minkyung about her father, Minseok?" Minseok froze in her spot. She was watching her daughter play dodge ball with the man that she loved more than life itself—Choi Luhan. But how did her father know about it? Did Luhan tell him? The nerve of him!

 

She turned slowly. "W-What do you mean, A-Appa?" She stuttered awfully.

 

"You can't hide things like that. I don't know whatever happened between you and Luhan but Minkyung's future's at stake so I hope you can make your decision soon." And he left her. It took her a long moment to move.

 

What would Minkyung feel if she found out that Luhan's her father? But she couldn't afford to let Luhan tell her. God knows what he could do. What if one day, she woke up without her daughter? She won’t be able to take it. Luhan, the genius that he was, already found his way into their daughter's heart. Even without letting Minkyung know he's her father. She really should make a decision soon, her father was right.

 

*************************************

 

"Martin, buddy, would you mind staying at Grandma and Grandpa's house this afternoon?"

 

"No. Why, Dad?" The boy looked up from his food and Yixing did the same. Hankyung and Siwon loved Scott's son instantly and they can't get enough of the boy since he's the closest to a grandchild that they can get. At least for the meantime. But that's not the only reason why Yifan's sending his stepson to his parents’ house.

 

"Your Mom and I are going out on a date. Do you mind?"

 

"No. Not at all. Just bring me some treats when you get home, would you?"

 

"Of course." Yifan agreed.

 

"Hey, Mr. Choi! I didn't agree on a date." Yixing huffed. She had a funny feeling that her opinion didn't matter that much in this house.

 

"Martin just agreed for you." Yifan chuckled.

 

"Really? Then I think you should go together." She pushed her plate.

 

"Mom," Martin started in a reprimanding tone. "You've been complaining about having nothing to do on a weekend so don't play hard to get and just go."

 

"Don't you dare use that tone on me again, Martin Choi." Yixing narrowed her eyes.

 

"Fine. I was just saying that Dad's asking you out good-naturedly." He pouted. Yifan was fully entertained.

 

"C'mon, Yixing, it's just a date." Yifan meddled to diffuse the impending fight.

 

"Whatever."

 

****************************************************************************

 

Yifan parked the car and Yixing looked at him with questioning eyes. He got off and went to her side to open the door for her wordlessly. They stopped in the front of three tombs. Yifan got back to the nearby car and took three bouquets of flowers out while Yixing stood frozen in front of her family. She swayed a little before sliding down to the well-tended lawn, bawling. Li Xun was in a public cemetery with Yixuan and she didn't even know where Yilian's remains were.

 

"I thought you would like to see them together." Yifan spoke when she was calm enough to listen. "It took me sometime to get Yilian. There were some problems with the Hongkong government."

 

"Xie xie. Xie xie ni!" Yifan hugged her until she was sobbing softly.

 

"If you would like your father's body to be brought here too then I can make arrangements for that." He said carefully. Yixing peered at him and shrugged out of his touch slowly. She hugged her knees and placed her chin on top of it and stared at her feet.

 

"I am a daughter of a criminal, do you know?" Yifan didn't answer and just mimicked her position. "I have a blood of the person who will let his own daughter die because of his selfishness and greed." She was tearing up again. "Remember the day that I was gone for a few days, when Yixuan was still in the hospital?" Yifan nodded. "I spent the rest of our savings to look for my father and Yilian. She was our only chance for a successful bone marrow transplant for Yixuan." She looked up, face hard. "He was rich. He can provide a hundred bone marrow transplants if he wanted to. But what did he do?" She let out an empty laugh. "He chased me out of the house, his henchmen almost killed me. And because of him, Yilian died!" He hugged her tightly to pacify her. "And I am still here! I should be with them! What am I doing here alone!?" She wailed.

 

"Hush, love. You're not alone. I am here. Martin's here." He kissed her forehead.

 

Yixing spoke after a long moment of silence, he was still holding her. "Why did you marry me?"

 

"Because I love you." She froze. It took her sometime to crane her neck upwards to read the expression on his face. He pursed his lips and there was this usual nonchalance on his face. "What? Should there be any other reason?" He asked against her flabbergast expression.

 

"W-Why didn't you tell me?" She croaked. But Yixuan just made him promise! Forced him if she may say.

 

"You really thought someone can force me into anything?" Yixing thought for a second that he was able to read minds. He continued, “I promised Yixuan that I'll take care of you because I love you. I love you more than life itself Zhang Yixing. And I brought you here not to make you cry but to let your family know that I won't make the same mistake of letting you go again. I am the biggest idiot for doing that twice and I can't afford to lose you again." Yixing stiffened. Yifan fished something out of his pocket, a small velvet box. "I didn't have the chance to buy you one before." He grinned and opened the box. Yixing gasped.

 

It was a yellow diamond cast in white gold. It was very simple. She was about to touch it when Yifan moved it away. Her forehead creased.

 

"Ooops." He beamed.

 

"I thought you're proposing?" She asked. She would kill him if he wasn't.

 

"You have to say the magic words first." Her confusion deepened. "Hey! You could, at least, say you love me, too, you know? You can lie about it and I won't mind." He pouted and crossed his arms in front of his chest. Yixing laughed heartily. "That's not the reaction I was expecting." He pursed his lips.

 

Yixing knelt in front of him and held his face and kissed him fully on the lips. "I love you too, Choi Yifan I am not lying. How can I not love you when you are the only person who can blackmail the girl he loves then take her home and ask her to marry him?" She teased. "And yes, I'll marry you. Again!" She turned to her mother's grave. "Mama, this is he, your son-in-law. He's the biggest nerd in the world but I think he's good enough for me." She chuckled.

 

"Wei!" He tickled her and before long, they were rolling on the grass laughing. They even had to look for the ring since Yifan managed to lose it before it reached Yixing's finger.

 

****************************************

 

Yixing was a vision in her cream-colored gown by Valentino. The Italian designer postponed his retirement to make a gown for Han Kyung’s future daughter-in-law. A month wasn't enough for him to produce a gown worthy of international news but the result couldn't be better. The French Alecon lace gave the simple dress texture and the large bow, accent to a rather boring number.

 

It was a very intimate affair--just like how the couple wanted it. Outrageously romantic with the beautiful and sunny Ischia Island as the backdrop. They wanted the wedding to take place in the shores of Forio for sentimental reasons. A large airy alcove was made with the altar as the focal point. Purple flowers—the bride's favorite—adorned the whole alcove, as well as the wrists of the female sponsors.

 

Siwon gave a tearful Yixing away while Yifan's eyes were quite as wet at the altar. The guests were snickering as he gave Yixing's suprised lips a prolonged kiss even before the priest could say anything. The bride pulled away before they both desecrate their own wedding.

 

****************************************

 

"Will you stop fidgeting? We're in a wedding." Henry huffed, he was getting tired of Amber shifting her weight all the time beside him, giving him furtive glances like she's planning his early death.

 

"You don't need to remind me. I just hate being next to you." She was still mad about the fact that Ziyi and Tao forced them to attend Yixing and Yifan's wedding together. She was just thankful that it was a very private wedding and no press was allowed. All guests were also transported by Choi Airways jets and were surrounded by tight security the whole time. A little bit of cover up and she won't be caught dead beside this monster.

 

She'd been keeping up appearances all throughout and was honestly trying to make the engagement work. But Henry Lau was also trying to piss her off big time by being so full of himself. He leaned closer to whisper something to her ear. "I don't know how your friends can put up with your attitude. You're nothing but a spoiled rich brat who can do nothing but whine." To the eyes of the other guests, it was like he was whispering sweet nothings to Amber since he was smiling.

 

"The same way your family and friends put up with you." Amber hissed back, fighting the urge to scowl. She really can't believe her family wanted her to marry this guy! She had a lot of admirers from all over the world, most of them came from royal families as well but why would they want to marry her off to someone who hated her to say the least.

 

"Good. Then we don't have a problem. You hate me and for me, you're too undesirable. We can just tell our parents we can't stand each other and get on with our lives." He challenged her and Amber was speechless for a minute. "Indian cat got your tongue, Huang?" He scoffed, voice still low key. "See? Your family benefits from this arrangement the most so don't push me, Amber."

 

"C-Can you repeat that?"

 

"What? That you're undesirable?" Of course he was lying. Lying through his teeth. And Amber's rather perplexed expression was daunting him and his so called self-restraint.

 

It seemed she just realized her fiance just called him undeisrable but the words family, benefits and arrangement were more important. "What do you mean by my family will benefit from this arrangement?" She asked dangerously.

 

It was his turn to be speechless. He didn't know he blurted it out accidentally. And looking at Amber, he knew he's in for a big trouble.

 

****************************************************************************

 

"Choi Yifan, today, I become your wife and you become my husband. I will strive to give you the best of myself, while accepting you the way you are. I promise to respect you as a whole person with your own interests, desires, and needs, and to realize that those are sometimes different, but no less important than my own. I promise to keep myself open to you, to let you in to my innermost fears and feelings, secrets and dreams. I promise to grow along with you, to be willing to face change as we both change, keeping our relationship alive and exciting. And finally, I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how – completely and forever." Most people found themselves sniffing at the end of Yixing's vow.

 

"I, Choi Yifan, take you, Zhang Yixing, to be my wife, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my heart and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live."

 

As Sehun stayed in the sidelines to oversee groundwork, she can only take note of Luhan giving covetous glances to the maid of honor—that will instantly turn into a scowl whenever he realized that she was in the arms of another male. Minseok didn't seem to be oblivious about it but she didn't seem to care either. She's a picture of a happy fiancee to Im Siwan, a rich real estate mogul.

 

Yixing gave her a hug of gratitude before she boarded the bridal car. "Thank you so much for putting all of these together. Everything is just so beautiful!" She exclaimed. Sehun can only smile as Yifan hugged her too. He didn't say anything and she was already used to that. For her, he will always be the silent type.

 

"My pleasure. And may I remind you that this was all your idea and I’m just here to make sure they materialize?" She let out a soundless laughter. She stared at the bridal car long enough that she almost forgot she had to get to the hotel too.

 

"Maybe you should ride with me." She turned and saw Tao in a shiny convertible.

 

****************************************