Invitation

A Blessing or A Curse

 

A/N: Last but not the least. :P Anyway, I sorted the chapters and SuChen really won't make it to the week-long marathon update but to get it off the way, I'll have a two-day extension of the updates. Up until Tue and the next one will be on Saturday like usual. Thank you guys for all the love this past week. I enjoy seeing your comments so give me more. :)

 

Kyungsoo got up from the sofa. She felt sore all over. After Jongin dropped her off to Nancy's house, she can't find her energy to climb the stairs to retire to her own room. She didn't even bother to change her dress. She just pulled a blanket from the closet and slept on the sofa. She dragged herself up the long flight of stairs, trying not to make any noise. It was still early in the morning and most of the people in the mansion were still asleep. She was rubbing her eyes absently when she opened the door. She was taken aback when her toes made contact into something soft?

 

She opened her eyes only to see that, well, she can't see exactly 'cause the whole room was covered with thousands of roses. From ceiling to floor, from wall to wall. In different colors. There was a large teddy bear on the foot of her bed in chef's uniform and all the doubt she felt last night melted. So it was the second gift that he was talking about. She smiled despite the tears and fished the cell phone from her clutch and called his number.

 

"Hello?" A groggy-husky voice answered. It was a female's voice. Kyungsoo was too stunned to speak. "Yobosaeyo?" The voice repeated. She checked if she dialed the wrong number but the screen of her cell phone indicated the correct number. It was his direct line. The landline in his own room. She dropped the call without saying anything.

 

*****************************************************************************

 

"Yobosaeyo?" She mouthed, "No one." to Jongin and placed the phone back to its cradle. "Must be a wrong number. So Oppa, what did you do? Tell me!" Sehun ordered.

 

"Nothing! I just introduced them. And don't you have a jetlag? Why don't you go to sleep instead of bugging me so early in the morning?" He rolled his eyes. Sehun was taking a vacation as Amber returned to Beijing for her father's birthday. She arrived an hour ago and she found him in the greenhouse drinking by himself and he was forced to tell her what happened in Japan.

 

"What jetlag?" She said haughtily and squeezed herself onto Jongin's bed.

 

"The sound of your voice says otherwise and hey! I don’t want you in here!" Jongin pushed her out of the bed and she fell first.

 

"Aw! Wait 'til I get to you, you idiot!" And it was a start of a wrestling bout.

 

****************************************************************************

 

"Let me tell you straight that what you are planning would be really expensive." Diane said matter-of-factly as she perused the proposal that Seohyun gave her.

 

"I know. But don't you think it’s time that I give back whatever I have? I am turning twenty-two soon and I have achieved nothing." She was waving her hands frantically, trying to prove her point.

 

"I you have achieved nothing, then I should rot in hell." Diane rolled her eyes in her exaggeration. "But how do we bring the children here? It's not as if we can take a bus to get there." Diane said. She had been Seohyun's assistant and a very good friend ever since she became famous internationally.

 

Seohyun jumped up suddenly, her face in delight. Diane glared at her for getting her heart pumping wildly for no reason. "Can you drop that?" And a lot of people thought that the famous cellist Seo Joohyun’s the epitome of a very fine lady.

 

"I know just the right person to help us!" She gathered her purse and bolted out of the office. "Ooops, gotta go, I have no time to waste." Whatever Diane had to say would have to wait.

 

She arrived at Seoul Trade Tower in record time of fifteen minutes. Her HC Feliz scheeched at the front entrance. She gave her keys to the valet and half-ran to the elevators. The executive elevator was at the far end of the hallway and she didn't think it would matter if she rode with everyone else at the express elevators. She would have to hurry if she wanted to catch him in his office.

 

Big letters in brass saying CHOI AIRWAYS greeted Seohyun as she stepped out of the elevator. There were a few people around and she went directly to the reception area. "Good afternoon." The receptionist greeted her even before she can close in.

 

"Good afternoon. I need to talk to Mr. Choi." She lifted her chin up and she saw that the receptionist recognized her at once but maybe because of the SOP that the boys require, she still asked.

 

"Do you have an appointment, Ms. Seo?" She asked politely, knowing very well she didn't.

 

"No, I don't. But--" She fished her phone out and remembered that it would be nice to just call him and have him pick her up at the reception himself when it struck her she didn't have his number. Every Choi family member had their names registered in her phonebook except Jongin. How stupid can she get?

 

"Don't worry about it Ms. Seo. You can just proceed to his office. Ms. Yang would be there to assist you." She remembered that the famous cellist would be youngest Choi's bestfriend. And she remembered how the receptionist who mistreated one of her friends got fired right then and there.

 

"Oh. Thanks a lot!" She relaxed a bit while on her way to his office. She smoothened her dress before she made a warning knock. "Auntie Corinne." She acknowledged as the old woman looked up. She kissed her cheek before she told her what her purpose is.

 

"You are very lucky. I think he was about to leave." Corinne glanced at the wall clock just as Jongin came out, all dressed in his flying uniform and she could have swooned helplessly if she's not over him now.

 

"Oppa." She smiled slightly and he seemed surprised to see her, of all people, waiting for him in his office.

 

"Joohyun-ah. Good to see you. How have you been?" He guided her to his office and ed his coat.

 

"I am doing well, thank you. But." She smiled sheepishly and Jongin raised an eyebrow. "I hate to say this but I am actually here to ask for your support, help, whatever you can offer."

 

"How can I be of help?" He asked. He glanced at his watch inconspicuously. He still had to pick up Kyungsoo from school before he head to his New York flight. Seohyun didn't seem to notice as she babbled about her plans of bringing foreign musically-inclined children who can't afford to study music. Amare Per La Musica, Seohyun’s music school, was making its way now to be one of the best in Asia.

 

"And it's really expensive to bring a hundred children here. I can't really take care of everything and the foundation needs all the help that we can get." She ended her speech and looked flustered when she noticed that he was looking intently at her. "Can you. . .promise sponsorship?" She asked, quite unsure if it was a good idea.

 

"No problem. Choi Airways can cover all travel expenses. We can ask Joonmyeon-hyung to build a dormitory for them. Which part of the program you need assistance on?" He asked.

 

"Are you. . .serious?" Her eyes were wide with excitement.

 

"As sure as I am standing here. C'mon Seohyun, we're like siblings. You shouldn't think twice before asking for help." His cell phone rang and he excused himself before answering the call. It was the co-pilot on the other line. Weighing the things and deciding that Seohyun's project would be more important, he decided to cancel the flight and let his assistant in New York take care of the deal he's supposed to handle. Taking into consideration that it was the first time ever that Seohyun asked for his help.

 

"I am sorry I am keeping you, now that you got my back, I can sleep well tonight." Seohyun got up to leave when she sensed that Jongin should be somewhere else.

 

"You don't have to worry about that. Why," He glanced at his watch. "Don't we have an early dinner then? Maybe you can tell me what else I can help you with." He beamed. If he was not there five minutes after the end of her class then Kyungsoo would leave. It was one of the rules that she created.

 

Seohyun was all too stunned to speak. Jongin inviting her for dinner? Four years ago, she could have died and went to heaven. She smiled to herself ironically at the thought. "Sure." She agreed.

 

They got to the executive elevators and got down to the main lobby, with Jongin's bodyguards behind them. They waited for their cars at the main entrance as they chatted like old friends. They didn't notice two pairs of eyes watching them from afar. The owner of the first pair looked up to hide the impending tears and the second person refused to witness anymore of the happy exchange.

 

***********************************

 

"Mehrong." Sehun stuck her tongue out to Chanyeol as he once more about the people who tried to woo her but failed. Joonmyeon was laughing heartily at their exchange as he remembered each and every guy that Chanyeol mentioned. "I hate you guys!" The three of them were lounging at the den, playing billiards.

 

"Nan Feng Cai was sending flowers up until you left for Nepal, right?" Joonmyeon asked. Cai was another playboy and one of the adopted grandsons of Hwang Fu Xiong, their father's good friend and business associate.

 

"Which Max returns to him right away. I think he owns a flower shop and sends flowers to every girl in town." She muttered something unintelligible under her breath. Cai was one of her most ardent admirers and one of the most annoying too. He was one hell of a womanizer and walks and talks like he owns the whole world. It was a good thing that Siwon knew Cai and he didn’t encourage his not-so-noble interests for her.

 

"You don't have to worry about him anymore. He's engaged with Gong Mo Li now." Joonmyeon flashed Chanyeol a look to gauge his reaction.

 

"Bwoh? Gong Mo Li as in Mo Li your first love?" Sehun wanted to kick herself when Chanyeol's face went serious all of a sudden. "I'm sorry." Mo Li's the main reason for her brothers philandering ways. She decided to ward away from it. "I thought Cai was supposed to marry Shan?" She asked. Shan was the real grandchild and only living relative of Hwang Fu Xiong.

 

"Shan will marry Jin next month." Chanyeol answered. "We all have to be there, remember?"

 

"Isn't Nan Feng Jin gay?!" She had a flabbergast expression on her face. Growing up, Jin, Cai and their brothers Lin and Ying would be constant fixtures in their home, playing with her brothers. Jin would always be the neat freak, snobbish and self-righteous one that would always bully her for being so careless and clumsy. She laughed at the crazy memory. She and Jin never really developed a friendship even if they were almost family by affinity.

 

"You've never really liked Jin, have you?" Joonmyeon asked, shaking his head. "Were you jealous that Jin courted Seohyun before and not you?" He raised an eyebrow.

 

"Eeew. Please. Can I warn Shan that she's about to make the biggest mistake of her life?" She joked, her shoulders were shaking in controlled laughter. Their mother really admired Jin for being so responsible and intelligent and she wouldn't like hearing her lambasting him.

 

"You have suitors from across Asia, don't you have one that you like? Even for just a bit?” Curiosity was visible on Joonmyeon's face. She was wondering why he was suddenly talkative and privy of her love life. Her face scrunched up involuntarily. She shook her head.

 

"I think I am not entitled as much. I maybe bound to pay for all your wrong doings." She shot Chanyeol a glance and he stuck his tongue out. She laughed and then became serious all of a sudden. "How can you go to the Nan wedding if Mo Li will be there?" Chanyeol loved Gong family's only daughter ever since she can remember and was wishing that Hankyung would match-make him to Mo Li since she's very good friends with Auntie Jing, her mother. And when that didn't happen and he was old enough to court her, she rejected him point blank, saying she was in love with someone else for the longest time. Chanyeol's been an incessant player since then. "Oh no don't tell me you're going to bring one of your girls there. It wouldn't help." Mo Li's every average guy's idea of a perfect girlfriend. The embodiment of four Bs: Beauty, brains, breeding and bread.

 

"Would you mind your own business?" Chanyeol retorted, annoyed.

 

"Can you do the same?" She shot back in an equally mean tone.

 

******************************************************************************

 

Baekhyun made a warning knock before opening half of the carved teak double doors to Choi Siwon’s office.

 

"Ms. Kim?" The slight male with thick-rimmed spectacles addressed her even before she could speak. She nodded and gave him a smile of thanks. "Good morning. The Chairman's expecting you. If you would follow me, please."

 

Baekhyun forgot how many people she had to talk to before she could get to this very office. From the main lobby to the floor's reception area to the security personnel (lots of them) to this man who she believed is the secretary. She sighed in annoyance but did take note of all flush interiors of his office. The stark white paint makes the room appear much bigger. It occupied three quarters of the whole floor. The secretary's desk just right through the door greets every person that enters. Sharp edges and playful shapes were the theme of the furniture that were strategically placed around. The secretary used his access card to open another set of double doors.

 

Choi Siwon was on the phone and was facing the glass walls. The secretary led her to a flush love seat and signaled for her to wait and left the room. Her eyes tactically surveyed the place and she can't help but admire the lavish interiors. The Seoul skyline gave the room a beautiful background and natural light seeped through the floor-to-ceiling glass walls. It was like a continuation of the receiving area but with furniture in more defined modernity.

 

The left side of the office had a large hologram screen that currently shows the New York Stock Exchange chaos. The other side where she was seated housed homey couches and two large portraits. One was Hankyung’s portrait in oil. It featured a much younger version of the Choi matriarch signed by the famous Belgian painter Jan Cox. The other one just above the love seat was a large blown-up family portrait. She stood up so she can get a good view. She could recognize the younger version of the Choi siblings. The background was the magnificence of Aurora Borealis. Hankyung was carrying a toddler Jongin and Siwon the little girl that looked a lot like Minkyung. Must be the elusive daughter. Both of them were surrounded by four cute boys. All of them were pretty bundled up.

 

"That was taken during our tenth-year wedding anniversary. We renewed our vows where we first had it." Siwon's voice startled Baekhyun. She turned to him slowly and he was genuinely surprised when he recognized her. "Baekhyun? You are Yesung's daughter?"

 

"Yes, Sir." She bowed. "I didn't know that you are my father's friend when we first met." That was the truth.

 

Siwon straightened her up and guided her to sit. "Call me Uncle Siwon, Sweetheart. That's why you look so familiar. You look a lot like your mother." He smiled. Baekhyun just nodded in agreement.

 

"Your father told me you were studying in London. I thought you were just there to race." His face was a little confused.

 

"Ahm, can I ask you a small favor, Uncle? My father didn't know I was in that competition. And if it reaches his knowledge, he'll definitely lock me up." She was really distraught about that matter.

 

"I'll keep it a secret, so don't worry, okay?" He laughed. "So what made you decide to have management training? Your father once told me his youngest daughter's not interested in business at all." His face was suddenly serious and her hand started to play with the hem of her blouse.

 

"I thought it's about time that I help my father and my sister with the business." She smiled confidently even if she was feeling anything but confident.

 

"That's a good decision. If only I can say the same thing with my daughter." He glanced at the portrait and heaved a sigh. "Well, timing couldn't be better. There's a vacant position in Yifan's office. You remember my eldest son, right? You will be working under his direct supervision as head of Program Management. You'll be working closely with the other CEOs as well. I think I better take you there now, he'll be surprised to know it's you."

 

******************************************************************************

 

"What shall we do?" Luhan was acting as the secretary for the secret family gathering inside their mansion's game room. Their parents were out of the country to attend a MENSA convention were Siwon was the guest speaker.

 

"We should make it small." Yifan interjected. "It becomes a publicity stunt whenever we invite so much people."

 

"But our family's already big. And they both have a lot of friends." Jongin said. Yifan was caressing his chin, analyzing what his brother just said.

 

"You have a point. Should we call those abroad? You know Taemin won't miss it for the world." Sehun said matter-of-factly while making a rough list of the people they should invite.

 

"How much time do we have?" Chanyeol asked. Their parents will be celebrating their wedding anniversary in a week.

 

"Three days to set everything in motion." Luhan answered. Hankyung and Siwon will be back in three days and Sehun will leave for China the day after. They were planning to give both of them a surprise party as they didn't mean to throw one this year because of the tight schedule and as everyone thought, for Yifan. They decided to hold it days before the actual date so that their parents can celebrate it on their own as well.

 

"Okay, how about we invite all the friends and family that can be in Seoul in a short notice and then let us do everything we can to make it more personalized. No hiring of anyone unless we can't do it ourselves." Jongin gave his suggestion.

 

"That would be fantastic! Let us delegate tasks now. Oppa." Sehun turned to Yifan and nudged him to make decisions.

 

"Alright. Jongin, can you arrange flights for Woobin and Taemin?" Jongin nodded and was already typing a message for his secretary. "Xiao Lu, you take care of the decorations and the cocktails. Hunnie, you’re in-charge of the food. Chanyeol will be taking care of our special gift. Joonmyeon-ah, can you take care of the things that we are going to need for the party?” Joonmyeon nodded affirmative. “If you have people you wanted to invite, you can give it to Hunnie and I will make proper arrangements." Everyone took note of what they have to do and the siblings spent good two hours brainstorming and bickering about what to give to their parents who had everything.

 

*********************************

 

"Sehunnie! I am so sorry I was with the Empress Dowager earlier." Amber tactically surveyed her brother as he leaned on her palace's doorway. She saw his head jerk up upon hearing Sehun's name. She smiled to herself. He didn't have any choice but to wait and listen as she borrowed his phone to call Sehun.

 

Oh. I thought so. That's fine. So, what's up? She asked.

 

"Parties will be over in two days. God, how I missed them all. How about you, what's going on?" She queried.

 

We will be throwing a surprise anniversary party for the oldies this Saturday. 'Want to come? It would be nice to have her on the party. She wanted Amber to meet her family. She will surely get along with her mother. And Seohyun. She smiled at the thought.

 

"I'd love to!" She agreed readily.

 

Great! I'll send our jet to pick you up. Can you give us permission to land on your private strip? She asked then saw Yifan making hand signals for her to hurry up. They were on their way to do some serious grocery shopping.

 

"I'll fax you the coordinates in a jiffy." She assured her.

 

Cool! 942 583 5565. Gotta go! Ja ne! And she ended the call.

 

She eyed her brother and smirked when an idea popped into her head. "What? Are you sure? Oh my god. All of them? Oh, I know him. Lucky you! Isn't he such a debonaire?" She laughed daintily. She observed her brother's reaction from under her lashes. About time that I teach this guy a lesson! "How about your Mister Lawyer? Is he coming?" She added much enthusiasm in her voice and waited for nothing. "I think that guy's really in love with you!" Silence. "I'd love to meet them all. Aren't you going to choose one soon?" Silence. "I am very--"

 

"Aren't we done yet?" Tao asked in a gruff tone. If he was not mistaken, they are talking about boys and they’re wasting his time and using his phone! His sister just gave him an annoyed look. He wanted to wring her neck.

 

"I am very very excited! Sorry, can I take someone with me?" Silence. "Great! See you in three days then! Bye." She smiled slyly. She gave the phone back to her brother. She can bet her title she aroused enough curiosity in him. And seeing his angry expression, she wanted to do her own happy dance. "Xie xie." He glared at her.

 

"Thank you. I think I missed an important call from the Prime Minister." He scoffed.

 

"My phone ran out of battery." She beamed.

 

"You have four phones, Huang Zian!" He exploded.

 

"What are you so mad about? Stress becomes you, Gege. You should take a little time to relax, you know." She raised a hand and caressed his forehead, straightening the creases. She noticed that his brother looked a lot older than the last time she saw him. She felt a little guilty. Before she went to London to pursue her master's degree, she was able to help Tao on his different tasks and was able to represent him in various functions he had to attend. And now that she's gone, he was all alone. Their sisters Zianhui and  Zhangwei didn't live in the palace anymore and technically, they are no longer part of the Imperial Family since they married their husbands.

 

"I'm sorry. It's just that. . ." He slumped on one of the comfortable couches. He was glad his sister sent the Imperial maids out or they would have seen them arguing like little kids. He was becoming temperamental these days.

 

"I know. I'm sorry. Can I make it up to you then?" She asked. He raised an eyebrow in inquiry. "I am going to a party--"

 

"Oh no! Not again Zian! I think I've attended a thousand since you left. Give me a break, will you?" He covered his face with a throw pillow. Endless socializing made him sick.

 

"Will you let me finish? It's a party for normal people. And it's not in China."

 

"So that girl invited you, eh? Did I give you permission to go?" He was sarcastic.

 

"Her name's Sehun, call her that! And yes, it was very gracious of her to invite as both. Please? You know I can't go there by myself. Please?" She heard nothing. She got one of the throws and dropped it on the floor just in front of Tao and knelt down in front of him much to his surprise.

 

"Ben dan! What the hell are you doing?" He gathered her up not-so-gently and the heavy dress she was wearing almost ripped apart. "Okay, okay. Just one day." He sighed in defeat. His sister sure knew her way around things.

 

"Make it two." She raised a defiant chin. His eyes widened in apprehension. "Or I would tell father that you just called me stupid. Since when are we allowed to use those words in here?" She narrowed her eyes playfully.

 

"And I would tell mother what you've been doing in London!" He retorted.

 

"Go right ahead." She's not afraid at all. She and Ziyi had no secrets from each other. She can tell her mother anything. And they've been spending too much on overseas phone calls since she left for London. She smiled in triumph.

 

"You are getting into my nerves." And he stomped out of her palace.

 

*******************************************************************************

 

Jongin had been fiddling with his phone for almost an hour. He can't decide if he should invite Kyungsoo or not for the party. He wanted his family to meet her but he remembered that their relationship wasn’t even official. Knowing his mother, she would make assumptions. And he wouldn't like that. The last girl that he brought home was Krystal and when he thought that time was right, he asked for her hand in marriage.

 

Seeing Krystal after so long confused him. She was his first love. And it was not too much to say that she was his life. There had never been any woman before her. And what she did crippled him as a man. As a person. And he thought he won't be able to love again.

 

"Jongin Choi to report to Gen. Hilliard." He handed his ID card to the guard on duty and sped up the driveway to the main building as soon as he gave him the go signal. He went straight to his office after the standard security check and the general seemed to be waiting for him. He stood as soon as his secretary ushered him in.

 

"Lt. Han." He acknowledged and Jongin saluted. He met him maybe twice before but never really conversed with him. What would a lowly lieutenant say to the head of the United States Marine Corps? "Please sit down." And he indicated the seat in front of his huge mahogany table.

 

"You sent for me, General?" He asked.

 

"Yes. And I wouldn't waste anymore of our time, Lt. Han. The CIA needs your help and I am sending you to Rio de Janeiro right after this conversation." He said in a no-nonsense tone.

 

"Do I hear the reason why?" What would the agency want from him? The last time he checked, they have more than enough capable people under their wing.

 

"I don't think it would hurt. They believe you are the best person to help an agent who had their cover blown." His face was serious and Jongin raised an eye brow. "She's your sister after all." And he thought a bomb exploded just beside him and he can't even talk nor move.

 

He found Sehun in one of the dumpsters in the slums of Rio de Janeiro, barely breathing. The mafia was supposed to kill her but for some reason, got careless and did not check if she was still alive or not. His team airlifted her to their hospital in Uruguay. He wanted to call his family and tell them that they should not put their hopes up. She already lost a lot of blood and without state-of-the-art facilities inside the plane, he doubted if she would even make it to the hospital. Judging her vital signs, she had very little chances of living but Yifan would not give up. She underwent liver and kidney transplants and series of reconstructive surgeries. His family stayed beside her for good three months. And the whole time, he'd been neglecting Krystal. To think they're tying the knot in a month. When his sister was ready enough to take her therapies, they flew her to Moscow and the rest of them went back to Seoul.

 

He had a handful. After that fateful day, he resigned from service and decided to take his responsibilities as an heir. He took management training while getting ready for the wedding. And one afternoon, just days before the big day, he wanted to make it up to Krystal. He bought her favorite pastries and coffee and went straight to her pad. She just arrived from a location shoot in Phuket.

 

He unlocked the door using the spare key that she gave him and walked inaudibly to her room as to not ruin the surprise. And surprise indeed. She was in a compromising situation with a man which he recognized as one of her colleagues, Choi Minho. His cousin. And best friend.

 

"Jongin!" She followed him to the elevators, the sheets covering her ness. "I am sorry." He could tell that she was crying but he can't even look at her. He was not the one who's supposed to be ashamed, right? He can't even bring himself to talk even if his life depended on it. Damn elevator! He waited impatiently. There was nothing in the world at that moment that he wanted more than to get out of that place. He wanted to kick the wall. He wanted to jump out of the building. He wanted to die. When the lift finally arrived, he hopped in and before the door closed, he saw Krystal's tear-smeared face, her eyes full of guilt.

 

The very next day, Krystal's camp held a press conference and she unabashedly told the media that she broke up with her childhood sweetheart and boyfriend of eight years. It was very painful not to mention sickening. The media even made assumptions and published malicious articles that he's a batterer and that his family forced Krystal to sign a prenuptial agreement to protect their interests and money. He was proud of his family for taking things lightly. They didn't even contemplate on suing Krystal even though she deserved more than that. They've been very understanding, especially Hankyung, as they put up with his mood swings and difficult attitude. He once lost his self control when he wasn't able to produce the right formula that he needed for one of his experiments. He knocked everything off in his laboratory and it almost set the whole house on fire. And he didn't even hear anything about it from them until last Christmas when they gave him a new laboratory. And when Sehun learned about what happened, she even blamed herself.

 

It was not long that Krystal and Minho were openly dating. He was more mature and dignified as he took the next blow. There was a time that Han Cars can't find someone to endorse their new line of luxury cars. He volunteered himself and that was the start of his modeling career. From their own products to designer labels to sports wear. Name it. Before long, he was in Krystal's level in the modeling world and his billboards were as many as hers around Seoul. He did all that while juggling work as the new Choi Airways President and CEO. To the eyes of the people around him, he was doing a great job coping up but they didn't know that he was doing it deliberately to exhaust himself so that he wouldn't have enough energy to think about Krystal anymore.

 

Then news about her being pregnant broke out. Offers and endorsements shunned away from her instantly. And when Minho learned that she aborted their child, he almost murdered her. Then she was alone. With no career and no money. And out of pity (Nothing more, nothing less. How can he be with a person who murdered her own blood just to salvage her career?), he extended help. Much to Hankyung's consternation. With the use of his connections, he was able to give her enough amount to start anew while maintaining his anonymity. He gave enough for her to live in luxury for the next ten years without working. In one condition: She will leave South Korea. Which she did and they never heard from her again. Not until she got involved with the Korean-Japanese steel magnate Kang Minhyuk. A married man. And since both were relatively famous, media can't help but make a fuss out of it.

 

How could he be so dumb not to think of the possibility of meeting her in Japan? And how about Kyungsoo? Wasn't he being unfair to her? Even if what they have just started from a joke, he still had to take responsibility for it. It was so cruel to go on with something so unsure, so complicated. He would just end up hurting her. And himself. With that thought in mind, he went out of the room leaving his phone on the bed side table.