Obscure Reunion

A Blessing or A Curse

"What's the plan of action?" General Xander Raymond asked the people who will be assigned to take care of the Princess’ safety.

 

"Establish contact as early as possible. Choi." Captain Bang Yongguk nodded to Lieutenant Choi Sehun.

 

"She's staying with his brother at the Buckingham Gate. I was told that the Prince is due to leave in a week. We gave them the impression that we are not in position yet. It's best that they do not know who we are but Hobson and Schmucker's watching them twenty four seven at the hotel. Ronk fumigated the villas already. Young, Dumas and Ross will be tailing them while touring the place." It was really frustrating that the princess was not making it easy for all of them. She's practically all over London! Shopping night and day. The prince was an added weight. They had to protect two instead of one.

 

"Patrick," General Raymond turned to Sean. "You'll be flying with them. Drop them off and fly back to San Antonio as soon as possible. We cannot linger at any of the British airports for more than two hours. Pick your co-pilots." The British government's too keen about foreign military forces' prolonged stay in their domain.

 

"Yes, Sir." He saluted and exited the room.

 

"Guk-ah, I need you there. Can you give me two days?" Sehun asked her friend.

 

"Sir?" He asked for Xander's opinion first. Xander nodded.

 

"I'll get everything that you need ready by the end of the day." Xander told them. "Everyone knows how important this assignment is?" Everyone nodded in agreement. "Be ready to leave in forty-eight hours." He ordered and left the conference room.

 

******************************************

 

After refueling in Ukraine, they continued the flight to London. Lieutenant James Ronk was waiting for them at the Stansted Airport.

 

"Hi, Ronk!" She beamed at the strawberry blonde male standing at the foot of the enormous Globemaster. His lips curled into a facsimile of a smile then his brows furrowed in confusion when he saw the pale-looking Sean behind her. They were classmates at the farm and good buddies too, she heard.

 

"Choi." He acknowledged. "What happened to you, Patrick?" He was worrying like a girlfriend, she observed. She tried to hide a smirk.

 

"He got sick on the plane. Will you fly this thing back? I don't think he can handle it." She spoke even before Sean can. She didn’t have to tell him that she had an impromptu aerial exhibition just after take off.

 

"I have to ask permission." He said, grumbles of protests were piling up his throat.

 

"Choi is the team leader, she decides on this." Yongguk appeared at the foot of the stairs.

 

"But Sir--Okay." He can't protest in front of an upperclassman, can he?

 

"How did it go at the villas?" She inquired; eyes flickered to Sean's frail state. She somehow felt guilty but she was afraid he was already getting the wrong impression.

 

"Negative." James's hands were balled into fists, resting on his sides. "Where do I leave this?" He gestured his thumb to the C-17.

 

"You fly it to San Antonio then the instructions are for you to take commercial flight back to Langley."

 

"Copy. Here's the key and your tickets." He gave them a thick manila envelope and set of keys. "I left the car at basement parking three. Alpha-Romeo-Alpha-three-five-six. The plane to Heathrow leaves in an hour." They were to take a Cessna plane to London Heathrow Airport to mask their arrival using the US Air Force plane and then start the role playing. She played with the keys and caressed the embossed logo blindly. Porsche. "C'mon boy." He got up the plane without giving them a glance with Sean in tow.

 

She turned to the burly man beside him, Angelo Cole. Sean's supposed to be co-pilot. "Want to assume his position in this assignment?" She asked him. He grinned.

 

****************************************

 

After three hours, Angelo and Yongguk were inside a coffee shop inside Heathrow Airport, the busiest and largest Airport in United Kingdom. Their cue to move was Sehun's reappearance which they hope won't be long. They were waiting for her in about an hour and a half. Then there she was. All clad in expensive jeans, strappy stilettos, white button-down shirt with its sleeves rolled up to her elbows. Her hair was dyed in mahogany and cut in gorgeous layers. Covering her eyes were dark pair of Dior oversized sunglasses and her lips, which were all they could see of her face at the moment, were painted in deep red. She looked serenely expensive and all men inside the coffee shop gave her wistful glances.

 

She walked passed Yongguk and Angelo's table and sat at a table in a corner. She received an alert from Scott Hobson that the subject will be seeing the villa this afternoon and her brother will be returning to Japan early morning tomorrow.

 

Rock and roll was the only contents of the message that she sent to her team. They all knew what to do. Operation Lucky Charm was officially on. She left some bills under her coffee mug and sauntered to the exit. Again, all eyes following her.

 

"I didn't know she could look so hot!" Angelo exclaimed in a controlled voice.

 

"Don't let her hear you say that if you don’t want to end up like Patrick." Yongguk said smugly. He paid their bill and proceeded to their respective posts.

 

******************************************

 

Sehun was talking to Yongguk through a tiny earpiece placed intricately inside her ear, in perfect compliment to her skin tone so that it was completely not recognizable. She went straight to her villa from the airport, driving her new blue Porsche GT Carrera. It was a nice car but still no match to her 4.2. How she missed her car. She can't use it while guising herself in another place. She's the only one in the world with that car in exact same color.

 

Huang Zian’s already on her way to her villa. Coincidentally however, (she smirked) her villa's standing next to hers. She could see the lemon yellow drapes on its windows. She called her mother the moment she arrived and informed her that she will not be staying in their Hyde Park penthouse like Hankyung expected. She's sure her mother got all of their people in London worked up for her arrival and she could picture their penthouse in sinful luxury.

 

She just told Hankyung that she found an extraordinary villa close to university and that the idea of living in a high rise didn’t entice her. At least she was not lying about that part. The villa's exquisite to say the least. It has four levels, five bedrooms, a private courtyard and a huge verandah overlooking a manmade lake with wild marigolds and hydrangeas scattered freely around.  The gated property was a small patch of paradise inside a busy city. The villas were made to fit the magnificent arrangement of nature and not the other way around.

 

"The Frog Prince switched seats with the subject." Yongguk's voice brought her back to the task at hand. She laughed.

 

"Is he really that bad?" She didn’t pay attention to the photo attached to the initial report. She’s not her main concern anyway.

 

"Do you really want me to answer that?" How can she expect him to give comments about men?! He didn't mention though that he almost drooled upon seeing the princess.

 

"Eew." She perked up as she noticed them getting near according to the GPS attached to her car. "What's the color of the car?"

 

"Oh, you won't miss it. It's your car. Black." Nice choice, she thought. "What exactly are you planning to do, Choi Sehun?" He's not aware of what kind of contact she had in mind that won't be too obvious. "You are not throwing yourself in front of the car, are you?"

 

"You know me very well, buddy. Time to say goodbye. See you!" She shut the World Panorama off giving Yongguk no chance to argue. She walked slowly to the main gate.

 

She was wearing a pair of mint green tracksuit and started to jog on the cobbled pathway. She saw the SH 4.2 entering the remote-controlled gates. She fixed the earphones of her iPod and jogged to their direction. Good thing he was driving a little over the speed limit. Can't blame him, she loses control, too, when she drives her car. In one swift movement, she was facing the lowered car bumper before it could even come to a full stop. With the use of a small lancet she stuck in one of her nails, she made a small gash in her left eyebrow and drifted to sleep.

 

*****************************************

 

"Oh god!" Zian was in instant panic when she saw—or felt rather—someone hit the bumper of her car. "Oh my god!" She removed her seatbelt with trembling hands and went out. Her brother did the same. She got to her first and checked her pulse. She gasped when she saw the gash in her forehead. She started to mutter things in her mother tongue. Her brother ignored her.

 

"Open the door, hurry up!" The ever calm Tao lifted the girl effortlessly after making sure she had no more than a gash in the forehead. He was worried about head injury though. His sister was already on her feet, obedient. After leaving the hotel, they made a short stop to get gas and Zian asked to drive the car, which he allowed. He carried the girl to the backseat. "Get in. I'll drive." He saw that the girl opened her eyes and their gaze met for a brief second in the rearview mirror before she drifted back to sleep. He drove straight to the nearest hospital. But he can’t put her ominous hazel brown eyes out of his mind after that.

 

"Dui bu qi, Your Highness" Amber was sitting in one of the couches inside the hospital's private room, tears in her eyes.

 

"It was an accident." He was not sure how many times he had to tell her that. In the last couple of hours that they were in the hospital, she was not pacified. Not even when the doctors told them that there's no head injury and that the patient will be released tomorrow the latest. Before she could say anything, a stretcher was wheeled through and the nurses transferred her to the bed carefully. Zian was already alert.

 

"How is she?" She asked.

 

"She'll be fine. She woke up earlier at the MRI room but we have to sedate her to complete the tests. Other than that, she appears to be okay. By the way, we still have to call the police to comply with the standard procedure." The red-haired doctor told them. Tao nodded absently. "I'll be at the station when you need me." She exited the room together with the nurse.

 

"Gather your self up Huang Zian or I would have to take you back with me." He threatened and it worked. Before long, she was calm and composed. They sat in silence for a long moment. In guise of stretching his legs, he walked towards the bed and stared at the sleeping female.

 

There's beautiful and there's beautiful. But this one must be Helen of Troy incarnate. He wondered how many battles started just because of this face. With mahogany tresses in healthy locks—natural or bottled, he's not sure but it complimented her complexion perfectly. Her porcelain skin looked like it would bruise with so much as a touch. True enough, she had some bruises under her chin and on her arm from the accident. But that didn't mar her almost perfect features. His eyes roamed from her perfectly-shaped brows to her long thick lashes, down to her high cheekbones and defined jaw, to her button nose to her slightly parted lips that looked so inviting. He pushed the corrupted thoughts out of his mind. It was not proper to feel that way to an unconscious woman. Regardless of how bewitching she can be. He sat on the bed, careful not to wake her up and stared more.

 

"I think you found your princess." Regardless of the circumstances, Zian can't help but giggle.

 

"Shut up. And I think it would be best if you'll stop calling me Your Highness or stop talking about empress and princess and all that. It's not good for your charade." He hissed. Then the person on the bed stirred. He looked at her more closely. She opened her eyes slowly, adjusting to the overhead lights.

 

****************************

 

Damn Valium. She thought before opening her eyes. The glaring lights overhead made her snap it shut again before she can even see her surroundings. She opened her eyes again, slowly this time and found herself looking at the pair of the most expressive dark eyes she had ever seen in her entire life. They were so dark they were almost black. Yongguk was an idiot.

 

"I guess you're awake." That was a statement. Realization came in. Who this gorgeous creature was right in front of her and the reason why she was there. She slipped to her character.

 

"You almost killed me, you idiot!" She picked the pillow under her head and threw it to him as well as the fruits she found on the bedside table.  She knew he wasn’t driving.

 

"Wait a second," It was the flamboyantly attractive female standing next to the guy. She looked breathtaking in her oversized shirt, tight-fitting black jeans and sneakers. Her previously long hair was now short and was beautifully messed up. The photo she saw in Langley didn’t give her justice. A princess no doubt. "I was--"

 

"You!" Tao flared up instantly. Never in his wildest dreams that a woman would scream to him like that. "We never hit you! You hit the car!" He retorted.

 

"I bet you were driving over the speed limit, you !" She cringed at her own language.

 

"I wasn’t driving, you bloody pig!" He yelled back. What a shame, Huang Zitao that was not princely at all!

 

“He’s right, I was driving, Miss. And I am very very sorry." She looked at her, changing her expression to an amenable one.

 

"You?" She needed to get her sympathy. "Why are you doing this? Why do you want to protect him?"

"Cut it out. She won't believe you. She's too caned to believe anyone." Tao said, mocking her.

 

"I am not!" This time, she's genuinely miffed. How dare he?!

 

"Tao-ge." It doesn't feel right to call her brother using his given name but she'll get used to it, he told her. "Will you give us a minute please?" She turned pleading eyes to him.

 

"Who's that? Your boyfriend? How can you choose someone like that?" She asked when he was out of earshot.

 

"Oh no. He's my brother. And I am Amber by the way." She should get used to her acquired name as well. She smiled and Sehun almost threw a fit. How could anyone look so effortlessly beautiful? "How are you feeling?" She asked, concerned.

 

"I am feeling better now, thank you. I’m Sehyun. Han Sehyun. Ahm..." She hesitated.

 

"Yes?" She urged when she failed to continue.

 

"I am sorry about that. I was just too shocked." She toyed with her hands.

 

"I should be the one to apologize. I am the one who hit you and thank heavens you were not badly hurt! And oh, my brother was rude! You were right. That was uncouth behaviour. It was not so ungentlemanly to scre--" She ranted nonstop in a high pitch voice. Sehun just stared at her, wide eyed.

 

She cleared loudly to stop her. "Don't worry about it, I'll be fine. But your brother really is rude." She smiled. She didn't mention though that she was even ruder. She knew in an instant that she will definitely like the princess. It was not a waste taking care of this person.

 

"Put up with him, he'll leave tomorrow anyway." She beamed. She found a new friend and she's ecstatic. "The doctor said you are cleared for discharge but the police will be coming over to get your statement. Would you want to spend the night here or you want to go home?" She sat on the bed after picking all the fruits scattered on the floor.

 

"I think I can go home.” She didn’t want to spend anymore time in the hospital. “By the way, were you there visiting someone or you live there as well?" She asked, maintaining her character. She was rearranging the fruits in the basket—feeling guilty for throwing them.

 

"I live there. Faith." The villas were named after the virtues instead of numbers.

 

"Really? Mine's Loyalty and that's next door!" Sehun shrieked. "Are you Chinese?”

 

"Yes. Korean?" She nodded. "I just got here last week. I am here for my master’s degree." Amber looked like a child very eager to tell her story to anyone who would listen.

 

"I am back for my masters too. Oxford?" She prompted.

 

"Cambridge." Amber corrected.

 

"No kidding! Me too. Modern Society and Global Transformations."

 

"This is so weird, you know? That's my exact same program! I can't believe this." Amber was shaking her head but smiling widely at the same time.

 

"I guess you just earned yourself a constant company. If it's okay with you, I mean." She looked hesitant.

 

"I should be asking you that. Is it okay that you have a geographical idiot as company? Not to mention she does not know how to drive?" Amber's eyes sparkled while she laughed.

 

"That’s negotiable." She beamed. "Don’t bring that crotchety pet with you and we can be the best of friends." She was not acting because she didn’t like Huang Zitao a bit! She was appalled that she even thought he was gorgeous.

 

Amber caught it. "Don’t worry; he can’t stay here for long. He’s a busy man." She decided to make amends. It was unfair for his brother. "But maybe if you had a chance to meet him at a different time, you would know that he’s not that bad. He’s just not used to being treated that way."

 

Sehun didn’t say anything. Of course he’s not used to being screamed at. Yongguk’s right, her head’s really on the line. She shivered inwardly.

 

Amber left her after a few minutes to settle her bill. She mentally checked herself if there’s broken bone or anything but she didn’t feel any. She winced to see her bruises though when she went to the bathroom. She would definitely get a beating from Yongguk for what she did.

 

**********************************

 

"What was that all about?" Amber found her brother sitting in one of the benches in the hospital hallway. He still looked pissed.

 

"What do you mean?" He played innocent.

 

"You were so rude. You will agree with me that that would be the reaction of any normal person, yes?" She was waving her hands in the air in desire to prove her point. "You actually retaliated!" If she didn’t witness it, she would not believe it. Her brother’s the most diplomatic person she had ever met.

"She yelled at me." He was defensive.

 

"Did you ever forget that here we are just part of the common populace?"

 

"You don’t need to remind me." He scoffed.

 

"C’mon, gege. I almost killed the girl. You could at least be nice that she’s not suing me or whatever." She almost begged.

 

"You’ll never know. I don’t like her. And be careful on who you associate yourself with." He didn’t want to tell her about the real situation at home lest she’ll worry and will force him to take her back. And he didn’t like the woman’s guts and definitely not her tongue. She’s a handful. His sister didn’t have to know that he was thinking about her angelic albeit poker face when she came out.

 

"You don’t have any choice. She’s my brand new friend." She walked to the billing section without sparing Tao a glance.

 

*******************************************

 

"Unnie, you have to call me the moment you step out of the plane. Then call me again when you reach home, okay? Remind Joon to drive carefully." Joon’s Minseok’s personal driver. “Will Appa pick you up?" Nobody can keep Baekhyun in giving lots and lots of instructions to Minseok.

 

"I am not a five year old." Minseok said, feigning annoyance. Baekhyun’s always thoughtful.

 

"You better take note of everything or I would have to ask Appa to give you more bodyguards." She said like Minseok didn’t say anything. That’s absolutely not an empty threat. With their father’s money and power, she would not lift a finger.

 

"I will, I will." Minseok gave in. She didn’t want to say that she was not feeling well since after lunch. Her plane was about to leave in a couple of hours and if she insists that she see a doctor first, she’ll definitely miss her flight. Baekhyun took her luggage and was about to load it in the trunk of her Audi R8 when she felt a searing pain in the pit of her stomach that she thought she will lose her consciousness.

 

She yelped in pain and soon after, she could feel hot liquid streaming down her legs. "My water bag broke!"

 

"Unnie!" Baekhyun was on Minseok’s side in a flash. "Unnie, are you alright? Can you make it to the hospital?" Her panic was starting to build up and she was worried she can’t get them both to the hospital in top shape. She was just learning to navigate London.

 

"Yeah...” But a gluttural scream contradicted her reply. She could feel her surroundings turning upside down because of the unimaginable pain then suddenly, strong arms lifted her from the ground before everything went blank.

 

******************************

 

"I think she’s going to give birth soon. Are you family?" Sehun turned to the stunned Baekhyun. Tao went straight to his hotel to get his things and spend the night at the villa with his sister while the two of them went straight home. Amber was about to drive straight up to their villas when they saw two women in front of one of the villas. One look and they were sure it was an emergency. Amber pulled up even before she could ask her to and soon enough, she was carrying the pregnant woman to the R8’s open door

 

"I-I don’t know really. She’s not even due yet. It’s just seven months!" Her pale face indicated she was about to pass out any moment.

 

"Don’t worry we’ll get her to the hospital. Can you drive real fast?" She asked and the woman just shook her head. "Let me." They all clambered to the cramped sports car. "Buckle up and we’ll get both of them just in time to the hospital.” Good thing she knew London traffic like the palm of her hand. Her brothers lived in London for years and she was allowed to spend summers and spring breaks. They reached Choi Hospital London in record time.

Minseok regained her consciousness and was screaming in pain while being rolled to the delivery room. "Unnie! Unnie I’ll be here, okay? You have to be strong. Everything will be fine." Baekhyun tried to soothe Minseok.

 

"Your sister?" Amber asked when they were just waiting outside the delivery room. She can speak fluent Korean and was able to understand everything Baekhyun said.

 

"Yes. Thank you very much for all of your help. By the way, I’m Baekhyun and that’s my older sister Minseok. I believe I don’t have your names yet." She initiated the introduction.

 

"I am Amber Huang and she’s Han Sehyun." Amber answered for both of them.

 

"Have you called the father?" Sehun asked out of nowhere. If she only paid attention, she would notice how her face hardened by the mention of the baby’s father. Baekhyun just shook her head and the two seemed to understand the situation.

 

But Baekhyun remembered their father and called him. He would be waiting for Minseok tomorrow. He dialed his direct phone number. “Appa? Unnie won’t be able to make it tomorrow. She’s about to give birth any minute now.—Yes.—She’s fine.--You don’t have to, it’s late.—Yes. The doctor told me giving birth on your seventh month is better than the eight month.—Right, right. Ok.—We’ll be waiting for you.—I love you too. Be safe."

 

"I’ll leave you guys for a minute." Sehun stood up, her steps deliberate. She went up the executive floor of the administration building. She unlocked Yifan’s office using his password and used the secured phone to call home. The phone was passed to Hankyung. It was 10am in Seoul. "Mama? Hunnie here."

 

Yes, baby. How are you? And are you in the hospital?

 

"I am well, Ma. Look, I need to talk to Yifan-oppa. Is he there?" It was Saturday and she’s sure her brothers were home. The urgency in her voice worried Hankyung.

 

Why? What happened?

 

"Nothing major. I’ll explain it to you later, alright? Please?" She almost begged.

 

Hao la. I’ll have someone call him.

 

"Thank you, Ma. Let him call his private line here in Choi Hospital London, I’ll be waiting. I love you!" She’s worried about Baekhyun’s sister. She was in deep thought when the phone rang that she almost jumped. She snatched it before the second ring.

 

What are you doing in my office, Choi Sehun? It was Yifan’s thunderous voice on the other line.

 

"Oppa! Look, I am not doing anything bad. I am just helping a friend and I can’t let anyone know who I am. I have a certain Kim Minseok who’s about to deliver a baby. It’s premature. Please let them have the best doctors and attention. Can you do that? Please, please?"

 

Who’s Kim Minseok?

 

"My next door neighbor." She replied instantly. C’mon, this is for good cause. The business would not go down just because of that!" She hated Yifan’s hesitance.

 

I am not worried about that. Yifan said flatly. I am worried that you are putting yourself on the line to help other people. You know how risky that is for you. He lectured.

 

"I know that. It’s just that they do not have any family here and they are Koreans too. How can I ignore that?" She wailed.

 

Okay, okay. This will be the last time. He warned. Her smile widened and made a smooching sound on the mouthpiece.

"I love you! You’re the best. Do I have to do anything?" She asked. Being the spoiled youngest sibling had its perks.

 

Yifan scoffed. I’ll take care of it. Don’t let anybody know. And she heard the dial tone.

 

*******************************

 

"Here, have something to eat first." She bought some sandwiches and coffee before she returned to the waiting room. Two worried faces welcomed her. "Why, what happened?"

 

"We don’t know. Doctors came rushing in to the delivery room. It must be a difficult birth." It was Amber.

 

"What if something bad happens to her? It’s my fault! I shouldn’t have agreed that she send me here!" Baekhyun was near hysterics. Sehun knew that her brother sent other doctors to assist. Good thing one of the nurses came out.

 

"Excuse me, are you part of the team that attends to Ms. Kim?" She asked.

 

"Yes." She replied.

 

"How is she? Why did you need other doctors?" Amber asked while holding Baekhyun.

 

"She’s fine. The head of the Obstetrics department just supervised it. They were just concerned because it was premature labor." She even thought it was unlikely for the department heads to supervise just a simple case. It was not the first time they were going to deliver a premature baby but she didn’t mention that. Before the three women could react, they heard a loud piercing cry very distinct from a newborn. A few more minutes and the doctor came out.

 

One of the doctors talked to Sehun. "Company of Kim Minseok?” Baekhyun sat up in attention. “Congratulations! It’s a baby girl. You can just wait for the mother at her designated suite. Now, if you’ll excuse me." Baekhyun just stared at his retreating back.

 

Sehun saw Baekhyun’s head bowed down and eyes closed. She respected her space and uttered her prayer of thanks, too. Baekhyun opened her eyes even if her tears were blurring her eyesight. "Thank you, thank you. If not for you and your friend, I don’t know what will happen to my niece and my sister." It was indeed emotionally draining.

 

"Don’t mention it. Anyone who happens to be there will do the same. Want to check her in the nursery?" She smiled.

 

"She’s so beautiful!" Amber exclaimed when she appeared behind them at the watching window. The baby was inside the incubator because of her lack of months but she was a healthy baby and the Pediatrician said she’ll be okay. The baby was sleeping soundly and Amber caught her tag. Baby Girl Kim.

 

"C’mon guys, she must be in her room now." They rode the elevator to the suites. Normally, VIPs and family members used that particular floor but she’s sure Yifan took care of it too. Baekhyun was stunned to see the presidential suite.

 

"Isn’t this a little over the top? I thought I only asked for a regular suite." More like asking herself. It was a very large room with toilet and bath, a small kitchen, an inner suite for the patient, a receiving room for the visitors, an extra bed for the watcher and a verandah. With its expensive furnishings, it looked more of a hotel suite than a hospital room. She would not waste money for something unnecessary.

 

"Let me check it." Sehun went out of the room before they could react. She can’t let Baekhyun check it herself. She stayed in the hallway for a few minutes and she came in when she saw Minseok being wheeled in.

 

"They do not have any available room. They’ll charge you a regular room." She said when the nurses left. She can’t meet Baekhyun’s eyes.

 

"Oh. Alright." She can’t say that she’s not comfortable at all in this hospital. Half of her worries came from the name of the hospital itself. She knew Luhan’s family owns this very hospital. And she’s itching to say that it’s her niece’s birthright to have the best accommodation in this goddamn hospital.

 

"Maybe we can have our dinner first. Food is on its way." Amber looked at Sehun apologetically. She asked her brother to buy food for the rest of them. Soon enough, a light knock was heard and Tao’s head poke.

 

"Good evening." He was carrying four large bags of food and Sehun recognized it from Fifteen Cornwall. Sehun almost doubled over. She can’t believe that a prince was buying them dinner. "How are they?" He asked.

 

"Gege. They are fine. By the way, you know Sehyun and this is Baekhyun and that’s Minseok, her sister." She pointed to the sleeping mother. "You should see the baby, she’s so cute!" She took the bags from her brother and arranged the food on the table. "C’mon guys, the food’s getting cold."

 

"You don’t have to do all this." Baekhyun can’t believe that there were so many good people out there.

 

"Hey, we are neighbors. We should help each other. Right, Sehyun?" It was the ever enthusiastic Amber.

 

"Right." She smiled a bit. She felt uncomfortable since Tao arrived. She could still feel the tension between them. And it didn’t help that he was looking so fresh and so ready to eat in his gray wool pants and baby pink Calvin Klein sweats.

 

"Thank you very much. I think I would have to ask my sister to make you all godparents of my niece." Baekhyun was already in a good mood.

 

"That would be awesome." Tao said. They haven’t experienced that at all. He winked at his sister.

 

"So, your sister was supposed to be on her way home tonight?" Sehyun asked.

 

"Yes. She helped me settle in my new home. We were about to leave for the airport when her bag broke. Good thing you pulled up. In my panic I was sure I won’t be able to drive." She related while eating her ravioli.

 

"Yup! You should have seen Sehyun lifting Minseok effortlessly. It was like she was not in an accident few hours ago." Amber turned to Tao.

 

Tao didn’t say anything but spared the feisty girl a glance. "It was adrenaline rush." She sounded defensive even in her own ears. In her training, Minseok will weigh like paper but she can’t tell them that.

 

"You were in an accident?!" Baekhyun asked, surprised.

 

"My fault. I hit her near the entrance gate this afternoon." Amber said guiltily.

 

"Let’s forget about it, okay?" Sehun said dismissively.

 

"But how are you? Are you okay now?" Baekhyun threw her questions.

 

**************************

 

A/N: The graduate school classes in Cambridge usually start in October but please overlook that part. I hope this [unlikely] reunion of the niece and the aunt and the official TaoHun meeting entertained you. LOL