Chapter 1

This Is Then Counted

'Hakyeon Hyung! Your phone!' Hyuk shouted across the room.

But nobody bothered to care, all fixed on their one phones, until Hongbin responded. 'He's in the toilet.' 

The ring tone was starting to get annoying as it rang on, before Hyuk decided to crawl across the room to the phone vibrating on the floor. 'Hyung, the contact name says 'Pig' though.'

That sparked interest in some as Ken snorted, joining Hyuk in the next second. 'Answer it.' He eyed the screen once more pressing the green button, while the other placed it on loudspeaker.  

 

'Oppa?' Both males immediately froze when a soft female voice echoed through the room. They weren't exactly expecting a girl to answer the call in the first place, and no longer knew what they were supposed to do. 'Hakyeon oppa?' Then a ruffled sound was heard before the boys caught what you muttered softly at the other end. 'Did I call the wrong number? It's oppa's number though?' More ruffling was heard. 'I'm sorry, is this not Hakyeon oppa's phone?' The voice contained a tinge of uncertainty. 

'Hakyeon hyung's in the toilet.' Hyuk finally answered. 

'Wha-? Oh.'

'Who are you?' There was a pause from the opposite end. 'The contact name says 'Pig' though.' Hyuk flinched as a fist landed on his head, quickly turning to Ken. 'Hyung!' 

'That was totally unnecessary.' Ken whispered back.

'Wh-'

'Why were you guys shoutin- YAH WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY PHONE?' N made a grand entrance with a towel around his shoulders into the living room and dove for his phone when he noticed the guys crowding around it. He glanced at the Caller ID before planting himself on the couch, earning a groan from Ravi as he got disturbed in his sleep.

 

 

'Yeon-ah! Why?'

Finally, your older brother answered the phone. You were contemplating whether or not to hang up on them as you got really frustrated. It was obvious that you were placed on speaker as you could hear the soft echo of your voice through the other end. And it was not exactly pleasing when you found out that people whom you did not know placed you on speaker. 

'Hakyeon oppa?'

'Yeah. Sorry, that was the members. Did they give you a lot of trouble?' 

'Not really.' Complaining wouldn't actually do much justice anyways.

'Good. So?'

'Oppa, I was just wondering, is there a lot of animals around the neighborhood there?' You weren't actually fond of animals after a small incident which happened quite some time ago.

'Oh,' N paused for a moment, 'I don't think so. Wait a minute Yeon-ah,' 

'Guys, are there many cats or dogs in our neighborhood?' N asked the members but they all simply ignored him despite hearing him clearly. They had been paying attention since the start, knowing that their leader was speaking to a girl. 'YAH.' N hit the nearest member within his reach, which was unfortunately Hongbin. 'ANSWER.'

'You should ask Taekwoon hyung 'bout that though.' Hyuk muttered and N immediately appeared next to Leo. 

Thanks so much. Leo glared at Hyuk and then tried to shift away from N. 'Taekwoon ahhh.' But his arm was soon held confinement with N's face smacked right before him. 

'Not much.' He mumbled, hoping that an answer would make N go away, as he stared at his arm wrapped around his and frowned. 

Much luck, N did nothing of that sort. 'Hello? Yeon-ah. Leo says there isn't much animals around here. You don't have to worry.' N said into the phone, with his hand still wrapped around Leo's.

 

 

'Oh okay,' Leo? 'Oppa help me say thanks. By the way oppa, someone said something about the contact name being 'Pig'.' You looked around in your cleaned room and at the boxes placed by the door as you started to double check your stuff for the move tomorrow. 

 

 

Pig? 'Taekwoon-ah, she says thanks.' N patted Leo's head to his annoyance and turned to the other members, Ken and Hyuk in particular. 'What did you guys tell her on the phone just now?' 

'Nothing.' Hyuk answered as he looked at Ken who shrugged. N glared at the both of them.

'Hakyeon hyung's in the toilet. Who are you. The contact name says 'Pig' though.' Hongbin stated. N looked from Hongbin and back to Hyuk again. 

'That was totally unnecessary.' N pointed at Hyuk and went back to his phone. 

'I told you so.' Hyuk earned another hit in the head from Ken as he laughed.

 

 

'It was nothing. By the way, when are you coming over?' 

Nothing my foot. 'I don't know.'

'What do you mean by you don't know? You do know that I have the address and can pop by to check everyday right?' N whined as he huddled closer to Leo. The distance between the both of them was so close that Leo could clearly hear the conversation between the both of you without him trying to. 

You do know that I hate it when someone answers 'nothing' too. 'Oppa both you and I know that you wouldn't do that.'

'Can you not do this.'

'I'll tell you when it's my first day oppa.' You paused. 'Or maybe not. I'll see what I can do about it.' 

 

 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

N stared at his phone in disbelief. On the other hand, Leo smirked hearing that you simply hung up on N. Well, he was not expecting a girl to do that to N, especially when the consequences are not exactly appealing. 

'Did she just hang up on me?' N muttered. 'Did she?!?' N turned to Leo who immediately had his expressionless face on again. 'You'll see what you can do about it? Who do you think you are? You!' N got onto his feet and stomped into the room. 

'Who's that girl Jaehwan hyung?' Hyuk asked Ken. But before he could answer, N stomped back into the living room.

'She can't freaking do this to me!' 

'Why are you asking me that? Ask him, not me!' Hyuk winced as he got a hit from Ken for the third time. 

 


 

You sighed as you sat on the floor, staring at the remaining boxes lying around the room. It's okay, once I get this done with right now, I'll not have to face it again. With a burst of motivation, you stood back up. 

Unfortunately, that spurt of energy was soon gone as you plotted back onto the ground immediately, without having taken out another item from the boxes. 'This is annoying.' You muttered as you reached for your phone. 

Annoying Monkey [ 5 Text Messages ] [ 2 Missed Calls ]

     Are you moving over today?

     When are you moving?

     Yah! How can you treat your oppa like this! You know I can call umma to check right!

     Yeon-ah when are you moving~

     I'm gonna check on you later you smarty pants!

You blinked as you read the last message again. . 

Quickly grabbing your wallet and earphones, with everything still scattered around the house, you made an escape. 

 

 

You plugged in your earphones and placed the hood over your head as you cautiously made your way out of the building. 'Screw it, he most probably wouldn't even come.' You decided to stop being so anxious about your surroundings and let your guard down as you wandered around aimlessly. 

Before you know it, you were back to being on full alert as you started spotting stray cats around the neighborhood. One was alright, until you started to spot many more along the way. 

 

 

'Yah! Jung Taekwoon, where are you going!' N shouted into the door as Leo closed it behind him. 

N was being annoying as usual despite it being a free day and Leo made his way out to get some fresh air. All things were going well until he noticed someone in front of him seemingly unable to walk in a straight line. 

What's with this person. Leo tried to ignore her but it was getting increasingly annoying. He assumed for it to be a girl even though her head was covered and was dressed like a guy with sneakers, pants and a hooded shirt. The thin arms and figure, and also height gave the gender away. No guy would be this short.

He plugged out one of his earphones and was about to confront her, just when she muttered something. 'Isn't much animals around here my foot.' That caught his attention as he realized that she was avoiding the cats lying along the pathway, often with little whimpers when the cats moved. 

 

 

'Aishh.' You stopped in your tracks and dumped your earphones in your pocket. 'Thank you so much, now I can't even listen to songs peacefully. Annoying!' You muttered, frustratedly stomping on the spot twice. 

You did not know that someone was watching you silently from behind as you were too engrossed in avoiding the small predators. The sides of Leo's lips unknowingly tilted upwards as he saw you venting your anger on the ground. 

'I'm sorry.' You bowed your head to the ground slightly and continued walking. What? Leo looked at you and chuckled. What a personality for this person to have.

Not long later, you finally found a playground and sat down on one of the benches. The sky was clear, and with the slight breeze, everything felt calming to you. You smiled as you looked at the bunch of kids running around in the playground, playing a game of catch. 

A dog barking suddenly caught your attention and you noticed them running dangerously close to it. You immediately stood up and was about to head towards the kids. 'Don't-'

Then, all hell broke loose. The dog's bark was deafening as you tried to block it out, but you could not leave the kids alone. Just when you were about to warn the boys about being too close to the dog, one of them accidentally stepped on its tail. You could see the dog preparing to pounce on the boy as it got on all fours. 'Holy .' You muttered and quickly grabbed onto the dog with your right arm hooked around its body and you dropped onto the ground. . How do I do this. Crap

 

A scream was heard through the playground at the same time you felt a pressure on your right arm and you could see the little boy crying as he pointed at your arm. That was when you felt it and your vision blurred for a good few seconds. Minyeon you don't feel anything. Come on. It's nothing. Perfectly nothing. You could feel your shirt getting rapidly soaked with blood as you tried to look away from what the dog was doing to your arm. You lifted your left hand as you breathe in and out slowly while you tried not to pay attention to the pain and the dog's teeth in your arm. 

Suddenly, a hand grabbed onto your left hand just as you were about to pat the dog to somehow persuade it to let go of your arm. You didn't know what to do after your first priority was settled, which was saving the boy. You jerked at the sudden contact and cringed as you felt it dig deeper into your right arm. Don't curse, don't you dare curse. You mentally screamed at yourself.

You looked up to find a guy kneeling before you as he grabbed onto your left hand. 'Wait.' Your eyes widened at his soft voice and you started to stare at him unknowingly. His face was expressionless and there was a cold aura coming out from him. He seems familiar? He placed your arm back down and started to pat the dog gently. You whimpered slightly as the dog moved on your arm. For a moment, you didn't want the dog to be removed as you knew that it would hurt even more. But then again, it would hurt either way. 'It's going to hurt.' You nodded, I know that very well. 

Just then, the dog shook again and you snapped your eyes shut as you turned away, biting onto your lips to keep your scream in. He looked at you for a moment and moved his attention to the dog again. 'I'm sorry.' He muttered, and it didn't take much for you to realize that something bad was coming.  

You felt him move your right elbow slightly as the dog began to move more vigorously. The pain escalated. It's just something like a knife. Come on, you've been stabbed by a knife before. It doesn't hurt. But brainwashing apparently didn't help. Then, you felt someone holding onto your right arm gently as the sharp pressure was replaced with the cold wind blowing against your hand. 'Okay.' You opened your eyes and turned to see your arm soaked in blood and the distinct holes, and your vision blurred for a moment again. 

 

'Thank you.' You said to the guy but was soon interrupted by the kid's hollering. You quickly hid your injured arm behind your back as you turned to the little boy, and cringed at the pain brought by your sudden movement. 

You gestured for the little boy to come closer and smiled as you see him trudging over. 'It's okay, don't cry.' You hugged the boy with your left arm as you patted his back. 'See, noona isn't crying. It's okayyy~' You pinched his cheeks and made him look at you. Meanwhile, Leo stared at you as your hand continued to drip with blood behind your back. Can't she feel anything? 

'I don't like dogs anymore...' The boy said between his sniffs as he clung onto your neck. 

'It's not going to be easy if you're afraid of them.' You laughed as you ruffled the kid's hair with your left hand. Leo's head jerked up when you laughed. He stared at you smiling at the little boy as though you do not have an arm dripping with blood behind you. 'So promise me you'll like them okay? They won't do anything to you if you like them.' You tried to wipe the boy's tears away from his face as you smiled back at him. Well, I didn't lie to the kid, since it actually did this to me since I don't like it. 'Be more careful next time okay? Your mom's waiting for you. Go go.' You waved the little boy off. 

As soon as the boy left, you felt the pain coming back immediately again. Better get back quick before I terorize more kids with this. You stood up and quickly headed away from the playground, not trying to look at your wound at all. 

 

'Are you okay?' You jerked your head to the left and found him walking beside you. Why does he look so darn familiar.

'Thank you very much for just now.' You nodded and bowed at him before walking off again. But he didn't leave you alone. 'It's okay, I can handle this by myself.' You smiled at him, but all he did was stare back at you.

'It'll be better if someone help you with it. I can't just leave someone who's injured, alone.'

Oh. Yeah. That was when you realized that it wasn't actually a mere cut which you got, and anyone would have came forward if they saw you in this state. 'It's okay. Really-' 

'Yah! Jung Taekwoon!' Leo immediately turned his head around to find N standing across the road. Crap. He turned back, planning to escape with you before N catches up, but you were no longer beside him. 

 

 

After dumping your blood-soaked clothes in the basin, you finally settled down on your bed, eyeing the mess that you left behind, and at your bandaged elbow. 

Great, now how are you supposed to continue unpacking like that? You genius could have just stayed at home and nothing would have happened. 

That was when you remembered something belatedly. How did I miss it?

I wasn't supposed to be okay when he touched me. 

You lifted your hand as you stared at it. Nothing?

 


 

[A/N] I hope the first chapter wasn't exactly very horrible hehe. Will appreciate if there's comments and anything! Heh xD Thank youuu ^^