Chapter 32

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7 Months Ago

Yongguk stared at himself in the mirror with butterflies and adrenaline beating so quickly through his system that he wasn't sure how he was still conscious.

He was getting married.

In a few hours he was going to see his bride walk down the aisle towards like and seal this life with her forever with a kiss.

And God, he couldn't wait.

From day one he wanted to skip through their lives and just jump to the part when they'd say 'I do.' He was sure that he'd blurt it out before it was even his turn because that's all he wanted to do.

And by God, he was losing his mind just thinking about the honey moon.

He wanted to destroy her in the best ways possible under the moonlight as husband and wife.

He wanted to see her blush and he wanted to see her in that white dress that he'd have to do everything in his power not to rip off her body.

For one day he was just going to enjoy himself. It felt like he was waiting his whole life for this day and now that it was here, he wanted to forget about everything horrible he had going on and just memorize every moment and every second with her.

He couldn't even remember the last time he acted like much like a giddy teen. He felt like his head was spinning in delirium and he was so impatient that he wanted to drive there hours before even she got to the venue.

He didn't even want to get started about how he thought she probably looked, all wrapped up in white tulle. Ever since Eun Ah and Yongmi purchased the wedding dress, his little sister would not shut up about how pretty Eun Ah looked and how stunned he was going to be.

It just made him want to skip to the wedding faster.  

He knew that if he was in that hall with her before the  ceremony, that he wouldn't be able to stay away. He'd ruin the whole "can't see the bride before the wedding" thing and just barrel past everyone to get a glimpse of her.

That's why he agreed to stay at home and get ready there until he had to be at the ceremony. He tired to ignore the niggling weight settling over him.

The last 3 years were the most wonderful years in his life, but it wasn't going to last long. He wasn't sure when but he knew time was running out.

Which was why he needed this night.

He needed to be hers for real and just spend the next few days completely wrapped around her so that whatever hit the two of them in the future would be able to withstood.

He needed her to imprint herself on him so he'd be able to function after, whenever, he left.   

He fixed his tie one last time before stepping away. He was dressed in his wedding suit with his hair pushed off his face and a smile so embarrassingly glowing that he couldn't stop.

He couldn't ing wait.

He walked to his bedside table and pulled out the small velvet box that he had been staring at dumbly for the last year before slipping it into his pocket.

Was he selfish? Probably.

He was letting her be happy while knowing about the impeding life shattering news that would ruin her world.

But he couldn't help it.

He wanted to be selfish for one night and have her for all for himself without thinking about the consequences and future problems.

He felt the alarm on his phone go off, telling him that it was time that he head to the wedding venue. He walked down the stairs, the whole house echoing in silence as he slipped into his dress shoes and looked around the building.

The next time he stepped through the door he was going to be married.

-----

Yongguk drove towards the venue with music playing in the back of the car as he left the busier parts of the city and drove through the more secluded part.

He and Eun Ah made a rule that no matter where they chose to hold the wedding, the land around it had to be as beautiful as the location itself.

So he was driving past large, empty grassy knolls when he noticed that someone was tailing him. He glanced at his rear view mirror and  noticed a dark tinted van following him close behind. He switched lanes and took sharp turns and thought it all, the same dark van was always in view.

"What the hell?" He muttered as he tried to get a look at the driver, but the car was too far back for him to see anything.

He pressed his foot down on the acceleration and like clockwork, the van behind him sped up behind him. Something wasn't right and he felt his body tense up.

This wasn't right.

Before he could do anything, the van revved up and slammed into the back of his car, sending it spinning off the road barely coming to a halt right above a cliff. Yongguk groaned when his head hit the steering wheel and snapped back. He looked up and saw the owner of the vehicle step out with a hat over their head and a gun in their hand.

Yongguk cursed and swung the door open and stumbled out. He was about to start running when a familiar voice called out to him.

"It's me."

Yongguk froze, his eyes wide until he slowly turned around to be face to face with his attacker.

"What the hell, man? What are you doing here?"

His partner slipped his gun back into his belt before surveying Yongguk's attire.

"We need to go." He stated emotionlessly.

He knew that this wasn't going to be easy.

This was going to be the hardest part.

"Go where?" Yongguk asked incredulously, "I don't know about you, but I'm getting married."

The man's face darkened, "No. No, you're not."

Yongguk just gaped at him, "Yes. Yes I am."

The man looked away, "I'm not letting you get married. We need to go. Now."

Yongguk frowned, "Go where?"

The man raised his gun up and pointed it at him, "You need to die."

Yongguk was about to jump in the air when he fired bullets straight at him.

But instead of striking him, they just flew past him and punctured a hole in the gas tank.

"WHAT THE !?" Yongguk yelled when the car started to hiss.

The man didn't flinch and just walked to the vehicle, and placed his hands on the hood. "We have 30 seconds before this blows up. Help me push it off the cliff."

Yongguk didn't move, still lost in confusion when the man shot a glare at him. "Unless you want us to blow up with it, I suggest that you help me."

He walked over and helped the man push his car over the 12 ft drop. Just as the car was in mid fall, it exploded and fell on the ground with a sickening crunch as it engulfed in flames.

Yongguk panted and took a few steps back, gazing at the burning mess, "Do you mind telling me what the hell is going on and why the you almost drove me off the road?"

"We need to implement the plan."

Yongguk's eyes widened and his hands started to tremble, "N-No. I'm being serious, why are you here?"

The man stalked up to Yongguk and got in his face, "I AM being serious, I told you that I'd contact you when we needed to start."

Yongguk felt his fists curling in fury, "You're not doing this. You're not making me do this on my wedding day. I don't know why Woon is so keen on making me work with you, but I'm not ditching my wedding day for this. For 's sake what are you thinking? We made a deal to wait until after."

The man didn't look bothered, "I changed my mind. This is better."

Yongguk felt a growl crawl up this throat, "Better for who?"

He turned and glared at him, "For everyone."

"You can't expect me to leave. You don't know me. You don't know what I have with her or what you're trying to get in between of. You can't expect me to leave her at the altar. After the the two of us have been through, I'm not going anywhere until

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter