CHAPTER 4: FISH OUT OF SEA

YOUR NO.1 FAN
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

As soon as her fingers touched the piano keys, his world stopped. He just sat there, and watched her closely, not wanting to miss anything. Eunhyuk sat quietly beside his best friend. He kept looking at him, as he stared at the girl playing the piano.

She felt so calm and peaceful. Greeting their audience before starting the performance has eased out her nerves.  She even laughed silently as she remembered two funny guys in the auditorium, Hae-shii and Hyukkie-shii.

It was a jaw-dropping and stunning performance from the group. Their concert ended with a full house and a standing ovation. Everyone was smiling and clapping their hands. As she scanned the faces in the crowd, she felt relieved, seeing that the audience enjoyed the music as well.

It was different from their concert. Their concerts usually consist of an audience, 100x bigger or more, all of them carrying banners and blue balloons. They even sing-along to their songs, and scream out their names during the whole performance. Karin’s concert was really serene, peaceful and quiet.

The group just stayed at the stage after their final bow, waving to the audience. Some already left, while some stayed behind and went near the stage. There were a lot of people coming from the front in every direction. They pushed and squeezed till they made it near the stage. He just has to get closer to her once more. I wonder how the ELFs make it out of the concert stadium in one piece, he thought. Just a little further…, he said to himself as he looked towards the stage where she was standing, smiling at everyone.

Karin knelt down just to accept the gifts given to her. He could hear her call out the names of everyone in front of her. I hope she still remembers my name...

“Hae-shii and Hyukkie-shii! Thanks again for coming!” she called, waving at them.

He was really trying hard to control his emotions, he wanted to scream her name and jump. She called my name!  She remembered me! Karin-shii!! Karin!! Thank you!! I had the most wonderful time!!

Instead, he could just wave back and smile at her. On the other hand, Eunhyuk was jumping up and down, calling her name, “Karin-shii!! Karin-shii!!”

Karin jumped down from the stage. His heart stopped for a minute there. Is she okay? She is my star, yet she came down for me. Karin excused herself from the people in front of her, and finally made it to where they were standing. He held his breath, as he saw her effortlessly made her way to them. Once again, she was standing in front of him, just inches apart because of the crowd. They were so close that he could hear her deep breathing. He shielded her from the people who were passing by.

She smiled and asked, “So, how was it? Did you like it?” “Yes,” they said in chorus, both nodding their heads and smiling at her. Very much. “You were really amazing, Karin-shii,” Eunhyuk praised her. “Thanks Hyukkie-shii, you are so nice.” She then turned to Donghae, “nice to finally meet you, fishy”

He was surprised with what Karin said. He can feel that he is red all over, if not for the make-up, Karin would definitely see him blushing.

How did she see right through me? Am I that obvious? What will I do? I’m losing it!

Eunhy

Please log in to read the full chapter