CHAPTER 24: Complicated

YOUR NO.1 FAN
Please log in to read the full chapter

Another quick update just to make up big time ^^ *bows*

As the chapter title suggests, I had difficulty writing this update =_=

Here it is...

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Dad?” Karin signalled Jin to keep quiet. Jin carefully sat down the couch, and listened intently. “I’m fine,” she said cheerfully, “how are you and mom?” Karin smiled hearing her dad’s voice. “On Saturday?” she then looks at her calendar, “it depends whether my professors give us assignments.  I don’t have exams that following week.”

 

Jin knitted his brows, wondering, what’s happening on Saturday?

 

“Ohh,” was her only reply making Jin more agitated. “Sounds okay to me, Jin and I will tour him around,” she smiled sheepishly at Jin. His eyes widened and shook his head in disagreement. She could read his lips saying “no way!!” Yah, Karin! I have a date with Shin! He could feel it was a really bad idea.

 

“Hmm? So?” Jin knew something was wrong, Karin’s facial expression changed suddenly. “Dad!!” Karin shouted startling Jin. He frantically waved his hand at her, telling her to stop. “Weren’t you the one who made me promise not to date a guy, let alone have a boyfriend?” Jin’s eyes went even bigger.  “But what if I already like someone else?” she sounded really annoyed. Jin put his hands forward, motioning her to calm down. Karin just nodded at him. “That.. that was a hypothetical question dad” she suddenly became nervous. “What if?” she repeated herself.  “Ahh! I want my dad now~ bring him back.”  Jin is getting really confused and dizzy at the same time watching her friend pacing back and forth inside her apartment. “I want to talk to mom.”

 

“Mom~” she whined, “dad is being unreasonable. “ Jin watched as Karin helplessly tried to talk her parents out of it, whatever it is.  After a few more tense minutes , she said “Ok, ok. I won’t promise you anything.”Karin finally bid them goodbye, “love you mom and dad…bye.” She then tossed her phone to the sofa in frustration and gulped a glass of water at the dining area.

 

Jin followed her to ask about the call, but he doesn’t know where to start. Karin put down her glass only to fill it up again. Jin went to the kitchen to get a glass for him, he will need it. “What… what are we going to do on Saturday?” he laughed nervously. Pulling out a chair, he heard Karin sigh. “We are going to tour Jacob around,” she said dryly.

 

“Ohh, tour Jacob,” he said nodding while taking another gulp only to spit it out. “What?! Who is Jacob? And why, why-“ Karin silenced Jin with her hand. After promising her that he’ll listen with his outrageous hand gestures and pleading eyes, Karin released her hand. She then poured water to his glass, “Drink.” He doesn’t need a drink, he wants an answer.  Karin sat beside him, and said, “Jacob is the son of one of dad’s college friends. He would arrive on Saturday for some business matters. I really didn’t pay attention to what dad is saying.” Karin slumped her head on the table, and mumbled, “Dad said his friend likes me to be his daughter-in-law. Worst, he approves of him, saying that it’s ok for me to have him as a boyfriend even if I haven’t finished college.”

 

“BWO?!” Jin banged the table with his hand. “Uncle said that?” he couldn’t believe what he just heard. “Umm,” Karin mumbled, head still on the table. “What did auntie say?” he asked hopefully. She lazily lifted her head, “Karin, Jake doesn’t know anyone there, just keep him company till he gets used to living there. Dad is just caught up with the idea since Jake’s father visited us yesterday. You don’t have to like him for his sake. Just be nice.”

 

“Right, that’s it!” Jin blurted, his right fist hitting his left palm. Karin frowned and looked at him confused. “Auntie is right. Let’s just be nice. Uncle just lost it but he’ll get back to his senses. We’ll just have to be nice hosts for Jake,” he said patting her head. “We?” Karin finally smiled knowing that Jin would help her. “Yes, WE. I won’t leave you alone with that Jake,” Jin reassured her. “And, the most important thing,” he leaned closer to her. “Karin,

Please log in to read the full chapter