New Friends, New Love

We Know Your Secret *smirks*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After forcing Youngmin to drive and lead the way, the group finally made it to the cafe the boys used to hang out with Seunghee in the past.

'Why are you girls looking for Kwangmin anyway?" Hyunseung questioned as the girls glanced at each other. "Well.." Jiyeon dragged on.

Hwayoung bit her bottom lip, pondering on what she should say. *Should I tell them the truth?*

She drew in a deep breath. *Maybe they'll help back me up later.* 

"It's me. I'm the one looking for him." 

All eyes went to her. Except for Youngmin's of course, because he honestly couldn't care less. 

"Why?" Hyoyoung asked. "Don't be angry that I didn't tell you sooner but.." Hwayoung looked down to her shoes. "..I like Kwangmin."

The boys were suprised but they somehow knew it was coming. "I'd knew our plans would work." Donghyun shrugged. 'I should be a matchmaker." He confidently said as Chanmi's head perked up. "Really? Then can you help me too?" She glanced at Hyunseong. Donghyun noticed and chuckled. "Sure." He grinned before going to Hyunseong and slung an arm around his neck.

Hyunseong blinked at Donghyun's arm on his shoulder. "What is it, hyung?"

Donghyun smirked. "You'll see." He patted Hyunseong's head as the latter blinked innocently.

"Poor Hyunseong hyung." Minwoo mumbled and shook his head.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Hyoyoung frowned. "You know I'll always support you no matter what."

"Thanks unnie, I just thought you need a break from all the surprises." Hwayoung smiled apologetically. "So, you're going to tell him?" Hyoyoung asked.

Hwayoung blushed slightly and nodded. The girls cheered silently. 

 

 

"Oh!" 

Kwangmin's surprised voice stopped the group.

"Hyungs? Minwoo? Why are you here?" He got up from his seat as Seunghee did the same, revealing that she was there too.

"Seunghee noona!" Minwoo beamed and ran to her as Seunghee giggled. "Long time no see."

Donghyun patted Seunghee's head as the boys greeted her except for Youngmin who was still a bit cranky. 

Seeing how close they are, Hwayoung's confidence went down the hill. *I can't possibly confess in front of their childhood friend. Of course they'll back her up and not me.*

A hand landed on Hwayoung's shoulder. 

"We're behind you." Jiyeon whispered as Hyoyoung greeted Seunghee first. "Hi there." 

Seunghee gave a friendly smile. "Hello." She glanced at Donghyun, wanting to know who the girls are. Donghyun who understood, nodded as he introduced them one by one.

"They're practically our new friends. Oh and Hyoyoung is Youngmin's girlfriend." He added as Youngmin faked a small cough, not wanting eye contact with anyone.

"And he's still shy about it." Donghyun whispered, making sure Youngmin didn't hear.

"Oh, I see." Seunghee chuckled. "Well congratulations on your first girlfriend, Youngminnie~" She teased as Youngmin gave her a sharp glare. *Noona!*

She laughed at his reaction and the others couldn't help but to chuckle too except for Hwayoung who was unsure of what to do.

Jiyeon gave Hwayoung a small push. "Go on."

Kwangmin, who was laughing noticed Hwayoung with her head down. "Hwayoung? What's wrong?" He asked.

"Hmm?" Hwayoung blinked rapidly. "N-Nothing, I was uhmm.. yeah." She mumbled.

Donghyun then cut in, wanting to settle everything out. "By the way, are you two dating now?" Since he didn't want to beat around the bush, he asked them directly.

Hwayoung hid behind Hyoyoung, afraid what her face would be if the answer was 'yes'.

"What? No. Why would you think that?" Kwangmin turned to Seunghee as the latter nodded. "We were just hanging out and clearing some things that happened in the past."

"I'm still sorry, noona." Kwangmin replied almost immediately.

Seunghee chuckled. "Yeah I know I know."

"But I thought you still like Kwangmin?" Youngmin spoke up for the first time since they arrived.

"That was a joke. Y'know, to get revenge on what Kwangmin did to me. I already have a boyfriend back in the UK. He's actually the one helping me with my treatments now." Seunghee tucked her hair behind her ear shyly.

Despite the happy news, everyone gaped at both of them.

"A joke?!" They chorused.

Hwayoung was relieved although feeling a bit dumb. *I was worried for nothing.*

"Yeah, was it a bit too much?" Seunghee glanced around. "I told you that your joke was too mean, noona. I couldn't sleep the whole week." Kwangmin nodded. 

"Oh come on, it wasn't that bad.. right?" Seunghee started to feel bad. "I mean, do you hate me that much?" She pouted. "No but you know how I guilty I felt for what I did to you then." Kwangmin reasoned.

"Okay okay, at least there won't be any dramas here." Donghyun got in between both of them. "How's your health, noona?" Jeongmin questioned. Seunghee shrugged casually. "It's okay, don't worry about me. I won't be going anywhere for a long time as long as I keep my meds." 

"Hwayoung, there's your cue." Qri poked Hwayoung's arm. Jiyeon nodded at the latter.

"B-But.."

"Hwayoung has something to say to Kwangmin." Jiyeon spoke up as everyone turned to her. Hyoyoung nudged at Youngmin for help as everyone stared at Hwayoung in confusion.

Youngmin sighed before an idea came into his mind. "Hey, noona. Since you came back, treat me to some food. I'm hungry." He muttered out. *At least there's some benefit for me.*

"Oh! Me too!" Minwoo jumped. "I want the cheese cake we used to always eat together!" 

Eungyo brightened up at the word 'cake'. "Cake?!" 

Seunghee blinked before laughing at her. "Want some, uhm..?" 

"Eungyo. My name's eungyo." Eungyo grinned. Seunghee chuckled before locking arms with her. "Let's go pick your cake then." 

Minwoo pouted at how close they were. "Noona! What about me?" He followed the two of them with Youngmin trailing behind.

"Hyung? You're coming?" Jeongmin asked. Donghyun shook his head. "I'm staying." He grinned, wanting to see Kwangmin's reaction after Hwayoung confess. 

"Come on, Mr Matchmaker." Eunjung and Jiyeon pushed Donghyun as the other girls urged the boys to go away leaving Kwangmin alone with Hwayoung. 

The two grew silent before Kwangmin offered Hwayoung to sit down while they wait for their friends. 

"So.. why are you here?" Kwangmin asked. Hwayoung looked up from her lap. "Hmm?"

"I didn't mean that in a bad way. I was surprised to see you but it doesn't mean that I don't like it, I mean I do like it it. Wait, I mean-"

Hwayoung's chuckle stopped Kwangmin from talking as she started to laugh. 

"I came to look for you." Suddenly, when her laugh still remained, Hwayoung found it easier to talk. "I wanted to say something."

Before Kwangmin could even ask what it is, Hwayoung cut him off. "I like you." Hwayoung's laugh faded, and the nervous feeling came back but she was thankful that she at least could let her crush know how she feels.

"What?" Was the only word Kwangmin could think of at the moment.

"It's okay if you don't feel the same because we'll still stay as friends. Don't worry about it." Hwayoung waved her hand, laughing anxiously.

Kwangmin's face grew red but Hwayoung was too busy looking elsewhere to notice. After an awkward silent, she decided to run to her friends so she got up. "Uhm, I'll go and see what's taking them so long." She nodded, still not even glancing at him.

When Hwayoung passed by his seat, Kwangmin managed to grab her arm. "Wait."

"W-What?" Hwayoung could feel her heart thumping loudly inside her chest.

"You haven't heard my answer yet." Kwangmin cleared his throat.

"No, it's okay, really." Hwayoung faked a laugh.

"Just sit." Kwangmin ordered as Hwayoung obeyed. 

After taking a sip of the iced tea he ordered earlier with Seunghee, Kwangmin put his hands on the table before retreating them back to his lap. Hwayoung who saw his actions looked up at his face and finally noticed that he's blushing madly.

*No way.* Hwayoung widened her eyes at the scene in front of her. Kwangmin was fidgeting, looking more nervous than she was. 

"Okay here it goes, actually I-" Kwangmin started but before he could finish his sentence, Hwayoung cut him off with a quick peck on his cheek. 

Both froze as Kwangmin's eyes flew wide open. Hwayoung didn't know what took over her but she didn't regret what she did, just a bit embarrassed.

They opened up their mouth simultaneously, but got interrupted before any of them get to say anything.

"What are you two doing~?" Jiyeon grinned, and fluttered her lashes purposely. "He still didn't tell me his answer, girls." Hwayoung mentally face-palmed herself. Jiyeon straightened up her back. "Oh, but the kiss- Nevermind. Go on." She then signalled the group to back away again.

"I like Hwayoung too. You guys don't have to leave again. It's embarrassing enough for us." Kwangmin bumped his head on the table.

"Okay then!" Jiyeon brightened. "Can we squeal now?" 

Hyoyoung popped up behind Jiyeon. "Oh! My! G-" 

"Wait!!" Hwayoung stopped everyone. "Let me process this first."

The group waited for a minute before she then nodded. "Okay, now we can." Hwayoung jumped up as the girls hugged her, hopping around in glee. 

"Can I join?" Seunghee chuckled. "Congrats~" 

The girls glanced at each other before nodding excitedly. "Come on in, unnie!" Eungyo pulled Seunghee into the hug as they all hopped around.

"Girls." Donghyun shook his head. "Be careful of your health, Seunghee." Hyunseung chuckled. Youngmin sat next to Kwangmin before eating the cake Seunghee bought him.

"I guess mom will be happy now, huh?" Youngmin said in between his chews. Kwangmin raised his head up slightly from the table, resting his chin on it. "I guess. But can you pinch me, I feel like this is a dream-" Instead of a pinch, Youngmin was more than glad to give his twin's head a hard smack.

"Ow! Hyung!" Kwangmin whined.

"It's not a dream." Youngmin shrugged. Before Youngmin could take another bite from his fork, someone snatched it away. He was ready enough to blow up at someone but when he looked up, he immediately softened.

Hyoyoung ate the small piece of the cake gleefully. "Hmm~ Yum!" 

"Here. I'm already full." Youngmin offered his cake to Hyoyoung. "Really?" She beamed.

"Psh, you're hopeless, hyung-" Kwangmin glanced at Youngmin but when he looked back to where he was staring, Hwayoung's smiling face was inches away from his.

He automatically retreated back as his chair stumbled a bit due to his weight and fell down along with him. "Oww!" 

"Are you okay?" Hwayoung went to his aid as Youngmin rolled his eyes. "Look who's talking, idiot." He mumbled.

"You're both idiots." Donghyun laughed and shook his head.

"You'll be like that too, when you get a girlfriend, hyung." Jeongmin said. 

"Hey, why don't we go celebrate our new friendships and their new love lives?" Qri clapped her hands. "I'm in!" Minwoo raised his arm.

"Gogo~!" Jiyeon pointed to the door. 

The group was lucky that the cafe is pretty much deserted during the time of the day or they would've been reported to the police for their weird behaviours.

As the group were almost out of the cafe, Hwayoung was busy helping Kwangmin. 

"Hey, are you sure you like me? What about Sandeul hyung?" Kwangmin rubbed his neck, a bit shy.

"I'm sure. I treat Sandeul oppa as a brother now. What about you? Are you sure you like me?" Hwayoung crouched down beside him.

"Well, of course. I started to care for you when-"

Youngmin got up abruptly. "Let's leave them alone. Kwangmin's going to pull out his cheesy speech again."

"And you're not cheesy?" Hyoyoung chuckled. "At least Kwangmin didn't cling onto my sister." She then took another bite of the cake before leaving the place. Youngmin froze as the younger twins laughed.

"Shut up." He glared at the couple before exiting the cafe with burning ears. 

Hwayoung's and Kwangmin's eyes met for a while before Kwangmin started to lean in. Hwayoung closed her eyes naturally. Their lips were inches apart when the door flew open again. 

"Hey! Come on!" Jiyeon walked in as the two broke away from each other. "Y-Yeah, okay~" Hwayoung replied. "Quickly!" Jiyeon urged before going out first.

Kwangmin burst out into a fit of laughter. "Too soon?" 

 Hwayoung blushed and went silent. Kwangmin shrugged, grinning widely. "We have more than enough time anyway." He got up, before stretching his hand out to Hwayoung as the latter took it, pulling herself up.

"Let's go before they come back for us." Kwangmin said as Hwayoung nodded in agreement. He clutched her hands tightly in his as the two walked  out of the cafe hand-in-hand. 

 

~The End~

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Finally! \O/ The fic is finished! Thank you to all of the support that you gave me and for those who waited in patience to see my slow slow turtle-like updates. TT-TT I feel so happy to read your comments! <3 THANK YOU FOR READING! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! ^^