Our Painful Secret

We Know Your Secret *smirks*

Chapter 2 - Our Painful Secret

 

Hwayoung's POV

 

"Unnie.. Gwaenchana? If you don't want to go, then let's just run away." I said tugging on her arm slightly. I always had the idea of running away from home. But unnie always dissapprove it. I know that she still loves umma and appa, even if they are not our birth parents. 

Our birth parents died in an accident when we were 4. We were adopted by Jane and Bill. They are american-korean. I'm grateful to them but I always hated them. They make unnie's and my life like we're living in hell.

Unnie sighed. "I wish we could, but you know that-" I cut her off. "Yeah..yeah.. that we shouldn't make them worry. But unnie, they don't care about us! They only care about making money! By using us!" 

Unnie turned at me worried. "I'm fine. I'm just..afraid that if the school found out, we will surely get kick out of school." I said turning away. Then we arrived in front of Jane and Bill's bar. I gulped. "There you are! What took you so long?!" Jane. I mean, umma said. "Sorry umma.." Hyoyoung unnie said and bowed. "Get change quick! We're out of workers!" Umma said as Hyoyoung unnie followed like a puppet. 

I trailed behind. We got change into our waitress clothes and went out. "Hey. You girls alright?" Jinyoung oppa, our friend asked. He's the bartender here. He's nice and always cared for us. He's just like a big brother to us.

"Yeah." I said while Hyoyoung unnie nodded and got the tray with drinks. "She seems lifeless by the day." Oppa said, worried. "Yeah." I agreed and sighed as I watch unnie's figure serving the drinks. "I'm worried about unnie.." I said sadly. "It's ok! I'm always here for you two!" Jinyoung oppa tried to cheer me up.

I chuckled. "Thanks oppa. By the way, have you told unnie that you li-" Jinyoung oppa cupped my mouth. "Yah! Don't say it out loud!" He seems flustered and looked at unnie to see if she heard.

I smirked."Unnie!" Hyoyoung unnie turned around. Oppa had the 'please-dont-tell-her" look. "If you don't want me to tell her, you need to tell her soon." I whispered. "Ok! Fine! Just don't tell her! Please!!" Jinyoung oppa begged. "Nothing! Unnie!" I said and she continued serving the drinks.

"Phew... Yah! Don't do that!" Jinyoung oppa yelled. I pouted. "Unni-"

"Ok fine! Sorry!!" He begged again. I chuckled at the respond. It's so fun teasing him. 

"By the way, Sandeul wanted to see you. You haven't told him that you liked him?" He smirked. "Yah! Oppa! Don't you dare!" I yelled. "Don't raise your voice at me! I'm 2 years older than you!" He yelled back. "Hmph!" I ignored him as I turned around and helped unnie. 

Sandeul oppa.. wanted to see me? But where is he? Shouldn't he be working with Jinyoung oppa right now? "Hey, young lady, you're so cute!" I blinked and turned towards that familiar ugly voice. Then I saw him. The drunk old man who always come here to bother my unnie. He suddenly grabbed unnie's wrist.

"Sit with us." He tried forcing her to sit onto his lap. I was about to walk towards them until Jinyoung oppa passed by me. "Let go of her! How many times should I warn you! " Oppa snatched unnie's wrist away. 

"Yah! What are you! This is the thousandth time you interrupted my fun!" The old man yelled. Umma and appa then came. "What' wrong?" Umma asked..

"He tried to touch Hyoyoung! And I already warned you! Don't touch the Ryu twins! Including you two! Even if you're both their parents, I won't allow anything to happen to them! And if you still insist on hurting them, then I'll just have to make sure your bar is closed down!" Jinyoung oppa threatened.

Umma and appa's faces were all red from anger. I knew that they were afraid that the bar will be closed down. Jinyoung oppa always threatened them and he will make sure the bar is dead if he had to. It's easy for him since he and Sandeul oppa are the sons of a really influential and rich family.

They are siblings and the only reason they work here is to take care of us so I'm really grateful of them.

They always bring us to their house during holidays and we would all go on a vacation with their parents. Their mom and dad already think of us as their own and took care of us better than our parents.

"Stop it! You always threatened to close our parents' bar! I won't allow you to do that!" Hyoyoung unnie cut him off like always. Umma and appa smirked. They knew that Jinyoung oppa likes Hyoyoung unnie. And they took advantage of it.

"Hyoyoung! I had it! This place is dangerous for you and Hwayoung! Your parents don't care about you! Stop caring about them!" Jinyoung oppa yelled.

I widened my eyes when Hyoyoung unnie suddenly slapped Jinyoung oppa. "Unnie!" I shouted. "Don't dare to say that! If you insist on threatening my parents then quit! I hate seeing you here!" Hyoyoung unnie said and left without changing her clothes.

"Well, still insist on closing the bar?" Appa smirked. Jinyoung oppa glared at him. "Oppa, does it hurt?" I asked. "Hyung!" We both turned and saw Sandeul oppa running towards us. "What happened? I saw Hyoyoung crying outside." Sandeul oppa asked.

"That girl." Jinyoung oppa ran off. "Unnie." I tried to follow until Sandeul oppa caught my arm. "Don't. Let hyung handle it." I hesitated for a while but eventually nodded. Unnie,  why do you always hide your sadness, even from me, your twin.

 

Hyoyoung's POV

 

Who does he think he is! I grumbled as I sat down on a bench outside the bar. I lifted my hand to my face and stared at it. "Why did I do that?" I whispered to myself.

A tear dropped. And then another one. I could feel my cheeks getting wet but I didn't care.

I wished my life was normal. I wished the accident when I was 4 didn't happen. I wished.. I wished.. that I wasn't born. If only Hwayoung wasn't a twin, she would live happily right now..

We had many chances to escape from this hell but I'm the only obstacle. Hwayoung-ah, mianhe. I'm a bad sister. If I die right now, you can escape, right?

I stared at the scar on my left hand. "If only Jinyoung didn't save me last year." I whispered to myself.

 

/Flashback/

"Unnie! Open the door!!" Hwayoung banged on the door. "Mianhe.." I said quietly. I stared at the blood dripping from my wrist and glanced at the knife I'm holding. I chuckled. "I should have done this earlier.." I said to myself. Then the door broke open revealing Jinyoung with an angry face. Then everything went black.

/End of Flashback/

 

Stupid Jinyoung. Why do you always save me? Why?

I felt my tears flow down my cheeks. "Hyoyoung!" Jinyoung.

"Yah! What are you doing here! Why are you crying!" He got near as he bent down and wiped my tears. "Silly girl. Stop trying to look cool. " I slapped his hand away. "Whatever. Get away from me. I don't need your help." I said coldly. "Why are you always like this? Where's the happy and cheerful Hyoyoung I used to know?" He said softly.

"I'm always the happy and cheerful Hyoyoung at school." I said. "Yeah, but a fake one. " He frowned. "Shut up! You don't know anything!" I stood up abruptly.  

"Yes I do! I know everything! Your secrets, your life, everything! I witnessed everything! The way your horrible parents hit you! The way those dirty guys trying to touch you! Don't you know that it hurts me witnessing that? Not only me but Hwayoung also! Don't you think you're being selfish?" Jinyoung yelled.

"I know that!" I yelled back at and turned away. My eyes must be getting red by now.

"Hyoyoung-ah, stop protecting your parents. You know that my parents love you and Hwayoung just like their own daughters. They love you more than your parents. Come move in with us. Stop this hell-like life of yours." Jinyoung said softly. "Mianhe, oppa. But I can't do that, Jane and Bill adopted us when we just lost our parents. They were our saviors. And I want to repay them back." I said and walked away leaving him behind.

"Hyoyoung ah!!" Jinyoung shouted. I ignored him and continued walking.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! I just added B1A4 here if you dont mind! ^^ Enjoy, comment and subscribe!