Self-Condemnation

We Know Your Secret *smirks*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Jo Youngmin!" Hyoyoung shouted but the guy in front of her just walked faster. She had to run to catch up with his long legs. "YAH!" She literally screamed, forcing him to halt his steps. 

He stood still with his back facing her, waiting for her to catch up. 

"Yah, why did you leave without saying goodbye?" Hyoyoung panted, after finally catching him. She already knew the answer yet she still asked. Youngmin on the other hand, didn't have the slightest idea that Hyoyoung figured out his feelings.

"No reason."

Hyoyoung straightened her back, her exhaustion fading. "Don't lie." 

Youngmin turned around to face her but after seeing his expression, Hyoyoung wished he hadn't turn. There was a mix of anger and sadness portrayed on his face. She didn't know why he would have that kind of expression.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Hyoyoung cautiously asked. 

"Is it fun?" 

Hyoyoung was puzzled at his sudden attitude. "Huh? Fun?"

"Falling in love with your own brother. Don't you think that's sick?" Youngmin was repulsed. Hyoyoung went speechless at his harsh words. "In love with my brother? I'm-"

"What? Don't pretend to be so shocked. It must be nice. Staying in the same house with the guy you love, that is." Youngmin continued.

Hyoyoung bit her lip, she was getting a bit annoyed at how the guy in front of her just calmly accusing her of something and not even giving her a chance to defend herself. 

"I'm not in love with Jinyoung oppa!" Hyoyoung voiced out in exasperation. "Like I'll believe that silly excuse of yours." Youngmin scoffed back at her reply. 

That just did it. Hyoyoung was fuming, she felt like wanting to pull that blonde hair of Youngmin's. "Fine! So what? He's not my birth brother! We're not tied by blood so it's not wrong!" Her voice was raising more than she attempted to. 

Youngmin was strucked. Yes, he brought the topic up but he didn't expect for it to be true. He kept on the accusations just to let his anger out but he honestly didn't expect for it to be real.

Seeing that Youngmin's dumbfounded by her false confession, Hyoyoung took the chance to tell him the truth before he actually believes her words. "See. Even you don't actually believe that I would be in love with my foster brother, right? So why are you trying to make me confess something that isn't true?" Hyoyoung reasoned.

Youngmin blinked back into reality and went to sit on the nearest bench. Hyoyoung followed and sat beside him without a word. 

"You still don't believe me?" Hyoyoung mumbled. 

"I don't know what to believe." Youngmin sighed as he leaned back onto the wooden bench. "If you really do have a crush on me, aren't you suppose to have trust in me?" Hyoyoung innocently blurted out.

"Well yeah but-" Youngmin's eyes snapped wide open as he jolted up from his sit and stared down at Hyoyoung. "How did you-"

Hyoyoung raised her head up to look at him. "Hwayoung told me that Kwangmin already told her about you liking me. I'm sorry that I didn't get it when you confessed earlier-"

"Kwangmin told Hwayoung?" Youngmin interrupted as he drew a deep breath in, trying to calm himself down. *Why that betraying little-* 

"Yeah but Hwayoung didn't tell anyone. She only told me after I told her about our date." Hyoyoung finished.

The word 'date' still brings a slight blush to Youngmin's cheeks. "But that still doesn't change the fact that you like Jinyoung." Youngmin sat back onto his seat, avoiding eye-contact as his face burned with embarassment.

Hyoyoung was feeling irritated. "I already told you for the nth time, I don't like Jinyoung oppa that way. He's my brother now and I will always love him but as a brother." She then crossed her arms and huffed. "I can't believe you're jealous of my brother." 

Youngmin snapped his head towards Hyoyoung. "Jealous?" He exclaimed, obviously baffled by Hyoyoung's sudden statement. But she wasn't really wrong either.

Still, Youngmin refused to accept the fact that he's actually jealous. "I'm not jealous. Why would I be?" 

"Because you like me." Hyoyoung confidently said. "Don't be so full of yourself." Youngmin scoffed. 

"Then would you rather if I be with Jinyoung oppa?" 

"I don't care. It's your choice."

"Why are you so stubborn?" 

"Why are you so annoying?" Youngmin questioned back purposely, trying to hide his own feelings.

"You're the annoying one." Hyoyoung argued.

"Yeah right." Youngmin rolled his eyes. 

Hyoyoung gave up on trying to communicate with him as she turned her head away from him, still with her arms crossed like a little child. "And to think that I was going to say that I actually like you too." She sulked.

Youngmin blinked, glancing at her. "Say what?" 

"Nothing." She muttered. 

"Hey, what did you say earlier?" Youngmin turned to her, slightly nudging her. Hyoyoung crinkled her nose. *Oh now he's nice to me again. Tch.*

"I ran after you because I wanted to confirm whether I like you or not." Hyoyoung said with her back facing Youngmin. "After seeing you now, I just realized that I do feel something whenever I meet you. But I don't know what it is." She confessed. 

"And it's the first time I actually feel this way." She continued, getting a bit of a weird feeling as Youngmin still didn't say anything.

"I don't feel this way when I'm with Jinyoung or Sandeul or any guy out there so maybe it's because I like you." She cleared . It was easy when she first started but as she continued on, she felt embarassed. 

Youngmin's silence didn't help either as she waited for him to respond with her heart pounding. 

Hyoyoung couldn't stand the silent treatment as she was about to turn around. "Hey say someth-" She gasped softly when long arms wrapped around her neck and she could feel a warm body against her back.

"You're not lying, are you?" Youngmin whispered, his hair tickling Hyoyoung's cheek. He was so close to her face that she could even hear his breathing.

"You really do like me, right?" Youngmin asked again as Hyoyoung didn't answer his first question because she was too busy being frozen. Hyoyoung couldn't find her voice so she just nodded meekly.

"You have no feelings for that guy?" 

Hyoyoung found her spirit to turn her head slightly. "No but he has a name. He's my loving brother so you need to respect-"

Youngmin covered . "Fine, I get it." 

Hyoyoung removed his hand away. "Yah!" Youngmin just stared back at her. "What?" And suddenly, Hyoyoung couldn't find the will to argue back. She turned her head away shyly. "Can't you get off me?" 

"Why?"

*I can't believe he just asked me WHY!* Hyoyoung gaped silently. 

"Because you're too close." She replied. "Why is it a problem for you?" Youngmin tightened his arms around her neck, almost suffocating Hyoyoung. "I might die due to the lack of air." She blankly answered.

"Stop lying, there's still space around your neck." 

"Since when are you so clingy?" Hyoyoung groaned in frustration.

"You should be thankful that it's me and not Kwangmin." Youngmin still refused to budge. "Do you know that since the time I fell for you, I always wanted to hug you like this? I've managed to refrain myself for a long time so just let me hold you quietly, alright?"

Hyoyoung could feel her cheeks getting hot. "F-Fine but just for a few more minutes." She stammered as Youngmin grinned sliently in victory. 

 

But his happiness didn't last long as a few seconds after, his phone buzzed. He could have just ignored it but infortunately he didn't put it on silent so even Hyoyoung could hear his ringtone. "Pick it up." She instructed.

Youngmin unwillingly pulled away from Hyoyoung to answer the call. He glanced at his phone and glared at the screen when Kwangmin's name appeared on it. *I swear if he's calling me because he's bored, I'll freaking kill him.* He thought that he'd let Kwangmin go for telling Hwayoung about his crush since Hyoyoung now likes him back but for interrupting his once-in-a-lifetime moment, he decided to double the pain when he 'kills' his twin later on.

"Hello?" Youngmin answered with a grumble.

But soon after, his annoyed voice turned into a surprised one. "What?" 

Hyoyoung stared at Youngmin in curiosity. "Yeah, I'm still with Hyoyoung. Alright, I'll tell her." Youngmin ended the call as Hyoyoung grew more and more confused as her name was mentioned.

"Hey, did your twin arranged the lunch date with Kwangmin next week?" Youngmin asked. Hyoyoung nodded simply. "Why?" 

Youngmin rubbed his neck, feeling a bit guilty. 

"Kwangmin said that he might have to postpone the date to another week."

 

-------------

 

Kwangmin stared at his phone with a sigh. He'd have to apologize to Hwayoung for cancelling their lunch date later.

Right now, he has a bigger problem to deal with. He drew in a deep breath before tapping on the message he got earlier and called the sender. His heartbearts went faster as he waited for her to pick up the call.  

"Hello?" A sweet voice answered from the other line.

"Noona." Kwangmin muttered. "I'd knew you'll call." The voice emitted a chuckle. 

"Are you calling because of the text I sent?" 

Kwangmin nodded before he remembered that she couldn't see him through the phone. "Yeah. How's your condition?"

"I'm getting better. I might just have a chance on recovering. Even though it's not much." A faint laughter could be heard from the other side.

"Why? Are you ready to accept my love now?" She joked but Kwangmin felt his heartbeats stopped. "Seunghee noona." He whispered in guilt.

"You don't have to tell me now. I'll wait for you at our usual place next week." Seunghee continued, "And don't run away like last time. You already promised that you'd give me your answer when my body's in a good shape. My condition is stable now so don't make me wait again."

The feeling of remorse hit Kwangmin right in his heart. "Okay. I'll meet you there." 

"See you next week!" Seunghee gleefully said before both of them hung up. He clutched his phone, wanting to smash it against the floor before he calmed himself down. "I'm so sorry, noona." He buried his face in his palms. "I'm sorry I left you alone at that time." He mumbled out the words that he wanted to say and should have said when he called her.

"I won't let you be alone this time."

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! OuO This chapter lets you see a different side to both of the JoTwins. I have to warn you that Kwangmin's silly and foolish character will disappear for the next chapter but it's only for a while ( I hope ) XD Well to sum it up : As long as Seunghee's in the story, Kwangmin won't be his usual self. I hope you guys will get used to it for the upcoming chapters! \O/ And as I already said in the previous chapters, the story is coming to an end! Please keep on reading! Byebye~

P/s: Excuse my errors in the chapter, I'm in a hurry. I'd usually check the chapter again after publishing it but I don't have time for it right now >.< Sorry!