The Soft-Hearted Devils

We Know Your Secret *smirks*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hwayoung laid back on her bed, grinning happily at her brother. "Thanks oppa!" Jinyoung threw the last crumpled pages of a magazine ( that Hwayoung was reading until she got bored and tear the pages off one by one ) into the trashcan before turning to her.

"Your welcome." He simply replied before tilting his head slightly as he watched Hwayoung humming happily with the bowl of ice cream on her lap. "Can I ask you a question?" 

Hwayoung nodded. "Sure!"

"Why are you so excited on meeting the guy who used to torture you?" 

Hwayoung shrugged, twirling her spoon around, playing with her melted ice cream. "Because..." 

Jinyoung waited as Hwayoung gave the bowl to him. "It's because he's changed! He helped you guys to save us, right?" Jinyoung took the bowl before setting it on top of the bedside table. "Yes but I think that's not the case." 

Jinyoung sat on the bed and gave Hwayoung a brotherly gaze which made Hwayoung feel a little creeped out. "What?"

"Are you sure it's not because you like him?" The corner of Jinyoung's mouth drew upwards, forming a small mischievous smirk. "What are you talking about?" Hwayoung was baffled. 

Jinyoung let out a chuckle. "Oh, come on. I know you, Hwayoung-ah. Maybe not as much as Hyoyoung but I know you more than enough to figure out whether you like someone or not. The 'you' now is the same as the 'you' who had a crush on Sandeul."

Hwayoung felt flustered. "What? No! I could never-"

Jinyoung crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow, stopping Hwayoung from what she was about to say. "Then, why do you care if the room is messy? Why are you so gleeful at the thought of Kwangmin coming, hmm?"

"I- I- I was-" Hwayoung found herself lost for words. 

Satisfied, Jinyoung got up and stretched his arms as if he just spent hours on solving a difficult math problem. "Well, I'm going to leave you alone to think. But if afterwards, your heart speeds up at the sight of him then, I don't think I have to explain anymore right?" 

Hwayoung blinked, staring at the blanket covering her. "Call me if you need anything.." Jinyoung grinned and patted Hwayoung's head. "..my oblivious little sister." He whispered the last part to the still frozen Hwayoung before making his way out of her bedroom.

*Oblivious? I'm not the same as Hyoyoung unnie.. am I?* Hwayoung thought before slapping her cheeks with her palms, softly but enough to make them sting a bit. "It can't be true. Oppa is just playing with me. Yup. He's trying to get revenge for ordering him around." She nodded, hypnotizing herself with words that would make her feel better. 

"But, what if it's true? Hyoyoung unnie maybe is a little dense when it comes to other's feelings for her and I'm her twin! What if I'm clueless about my own feelings? Twins have similar yet not the same personalities right? Maybe we're both ignorant people but for different things! Maybe I do like him!" Hwayoung clasped after rambling to herself. 

All kinds of possibilites and questions came into her mind, swirling around until someone was nice enough to snap her out of it.

"Like who?" 

Hwayoung snapped her head to the door and squeaked at the sight of the boy she was thinking about. "Kwangmin!"

Kwangmin walked towards her and stood near the bed. Sweat was evidently trickling down Kwangmin's neck and it didn't take long for Hwayoung to realize that he ran to her house. 

Kwangmin noticed that Hwayoung was staring at his neck as his hand flew up to his skin only to feel wet liquid. "Oh, I got lost. It took a while for me to find your house since I've never been here but I recalled back the directions that Youngmin hyung told me." He sheepishly smiled as if answering Hwayoung's silent question.

Hwayoung fell silent as she stared up at the devil that used to smirk and threaten her. If it was in the past, she would expect a devious smirk but all she can see now is a boyish grin coming from a cute teenage boy.

"Are you okay? Does the wound still hurt?" 

Even his worried face feels so warm to her all of a sudden. She forgot that she used to hate his guts. 

"Hey, answer me."

She can't remember why she would always quarrel with him. 

Before Hwayoung knew it, Kwangmin already inched his face closer to hers. "Hey." He called out softly. "You okay?"

*Stop.* Hwayoung widened her eyes, her breathing seized as her heart speeds up at sight of him.

"If afterwards, your heart speeds up at the sight of him then, I don't think I have to explain anymore right?"

*I like Kwangmin.* She thought before eventually gathering all of her strength to push Kwangmin away. Kwangmin blinked at the sudden act but cleared his throat in embarrassment after realizing what he had done.

"S-Sorry. You were silent so I was worried that you were trying to hide your pain or something." 

"Since when do you care so much anyway?" Hwayoung avoided his gaze at her as she stared at her blanket in silence. "Why? I can't?" Kwangmin questioned.

"No, it's just-"

"I thought we've became friends even before I saved you." 

"I know, but-"

"Or was I the only one who thought that way? Was I the only one who cared?" 

Hwayoung raised her head up as she turned to stare at Kwangmin's frowning face. "Cared?" 

Kwangmin rubbed the nape of his neck. He's really not one of the types that can hide their feelings well. Since he was little, his face would always show his emotions and not to mention, his mouth too. It would always blurt out what he's thinking without his consent.

"Well, yeah. Friends care for each other right?" 

Hwayoung's shoulder slumped in disappointment. She felt stupid for expecting something more. She suddenly felt dejavu. When she thought about it, she remembered that the moment she knew she had a crush on Sandeul, she was thrown directly into the 'sister-zone' by Sandeul.

And now, it was happening all over again. 

She just found out that she likes Kwangmin but the latter just pushed her into the friend-zone unknowingly. 

*Maybe I'm cursed.* She thought with a sigh. "Friends. Right." 

 

On the other side, Kwangmin hesitated. "Yeah. Friends." 

 

------

 

Tick-Tock. Tick-Tock.

 

The ticking sound of the clock hanging on Youngmin's bedroom wall annoyed him. He thought that it was worse enough that his family are teasing him but now the even the clock is mocking him.

"Can't you go faster?" He grumbled, staring intently at the hands of the clock as they both pointed at 12. 

It was a school-free day. A few days prior, both the twins : JoTwins and RyuTwins made a promise that the girls would treat the boys to lunch but of course, as Mrs Jo instructed, they had to go separately as partners.

Hwayoung still needed time to recover fully so she and Kwangmin still didn't made any plans yet.

However, Youngmin's wound healed faster than expected even though he still needs to be careful with it. So, Hyoyoung suggested on treating him to lunch whenever he's free. 

Yesterday, the doctor told Youngmin that his arm had healed. Today, he called Hyoyoung and said that he's free.

It was a lie.

He just got back from a check-up with the doctor and the teacher gave him tons of work to do during his school-free day but still, he couldn't wait any longer. Hyoyoung texted him a few hours earlier saying that she's taking care of Hwayoung so she told him that she'll be at the meeting place at 2.

But as the time grew nearer, Youngmin was starting to get extremely nervous and impatient. He was practically bouncing on his bed and getting fidgety. "Come on, stupid clock!" He growled, standing up abruptly.

A few minutes afterwards, Youngmin couldn't stand it anymore as he grabbed his car keys and strode out of the house.

 

Youngmin was lucky that the weather was warm or he would have frozen to death with his thin layers of clothing. 

It's been exactly 2 hours since he had been standing in front of the shopping mall. He tried to kill time by roaming around, looking at things but even after going around the mall, he only managed to waste 30 minutes of his time. 

He spent the rest of his time standing or ( sometimes when he's tired ) squatting, looking at the people passing by. A few girls did asked for his number but he ignored them as usual. 

He glanced at his watch and soft grumbles came out of his mouth. "She's late. It's already 2:13 PM, geez."

"Youngmin!" 

Youngmin raised his head, he knew the owner of the voice and wanted to blow up at her but he couldn't when he found her standing in front of him. 

"Sorry I'm late." Hyoyoung panted, it was obvious that she jogged her way there. 

"It's okay." At the sight of her, Youngmin lost the need to be angry. She made him weak and he knew it. Even with that fact, he didn't mind. As corny as it sounds, he didn't mind anything anymore when it comes to Hyoyoung.

They both went inside the building and had lunch at the food court. Hyoyoung paid for both of them as promised. 

Now that they had lunch, they stood awkwardly beside each other, not knowing what to do. "Should we go home now?" Hyoyoung cautiously asked. She honestly didn't feel like going home yet. Strangely enough, she wanted to stay a while longer.

Youngmin on the other hand, misinterpreted Hyoyoung's tone of asking. He thought that Hyoyoung wanted to go home. It was as if she felt bored with him and wanted to get the 'lunch' thing over with.

"If you want to, I don't really care." Youngmin shrugged although he prayed that she would stay. 

Hyoyoung pondered on what to do. "You want to go home?" She asked back.

"No." Youngmin honestly answered. "Then, you want to be alone? You dont want to stay with me?" Without knowing it herself, Hyoyoung let her thoughts out.

Youngmin stared back at Hyoyoung as the clueless girl spoke up. "You don't like me." Although it was supposed to be a question, Hyoyoung's tone made it seem as a statement.

Youngmin was taken aback at her words. It was hard to get into her mind. Youngmin would usually know what people's thinking and such but with Hyoyoung, he absolutely have no idea on what's in her mind.

It suddenly came to him that Hyoyoung reminds him of himself.  

Kwangmin would always say that Youngmin was an expert on hiding his true feelings but now, Youngmin doubt it. In fact, it's actually Hyoyoung that has that skill right now. 

*Well it's that or Hyoyoung actually dont have any feelings for me.* Youngmin thought and was sure that it was the second possibility.

But still, he made up his mind. Hyoyoung opened to speak but Youngmin was faster. He wanted to give an answer before she could ask another question again. He just wanted it to get over with.

He didn't want to suppress his feelings any longer.

"No, I like you. I like you more than you'd imagine..." Youngmin paused, hesitating.

"...and it's more than liking you as a friend."

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I've updated at last! And to make up for the lost of time, I fast-forwarded the story a bit. The ending is getting near! Hope you enjoyed reading! ^^