Closer to You

We Know Your Secret *smirks*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I shouldn't have said that." Hwayoung sighed, feeling the breeze hit her face. "I don't want to go home yet." She mumbled to herself, enjoying watching the passers-by. She was sitting on a worn out, old bench she coincidentally found when walking around to nowhere.

"I wonder why I never noticed this place before." She said leaning back, gazing at the green field in front of her. The sound of the rustling leaves gave a peaceful feeling, as if she could fall asleep any moment.

"Boo!" Kwangmin upside down head popped up in front of her. "Yah!" Hwayoung unconciously slapped Kwangmin's head away before turning around. "What are you doing here?!"

"Ow! Is this how you greet an innocent victim who is accused of a crime he didn't commit?" Kwangmin slightly pouted, rubbing the right side of his head. "And to think I even ran around searching for you."

"What are you babbling on about?" Hwayoung huffed turning back to the field, crossing her arms. She was not in the mood for Kwangmin's nonsense remarks right now, especially when it's still hard for her to believe if he was the one who spread the rumour.

Kwangmin took a seat beside her and crossed his arms, imitating Hwayoung's moves. When Hwayoung sighed, he would do the same. Every move Hwayoung made, he would copy it and this angered Hwayoung even more.

"Would you stop?!" She bursted suddenly making Kwangmin jump in surprise. "I'm really upset right now so go away!" She puffed her cheeks and took a deep breath, a way of her trying to calm herself down.

*How is it that she's mad at me but still look cute?* Kwangmin almost smack himself at the thought. "Look slave, I-"

"I'm not your slave!" Hwayoung gave him a sharp glare as Kwangmin gulped. "Sorry. What I was trying to say is that it wasn't me or even Youngmin who spread the rumour. I swear." He put up his hand, indicating that he really meant it.

"You're telling the truth? You're not lying to me right now, right?" Hwayoung squinted her eyes at Kwangmin, scanning his face for any mischief or any hints, saying that he was lying.

"Cross my heart." Kwangmin nodded. 

Somehow something is telling Hwayoung to believe him so she gave up. "Fine." Strangely, she felt a burden lift off her shoulders even when she still doesn't know who spread the rumour.

"Then you forgive me now?" Kwangmin asked. Hwayoung shrugged. "Why should I forgive you.."

Kwangmin's shoulder slumped in disappointment. "..when you didn't even do anything wrong." Hwayoung murmured. Kwangmin brightened with a happy smile on his face as the people passed by whispered to themselves.

"Omo! Look at that couple, they're so cute."

"I know, the boy look so happy. Ah~ Young love."

A blush crept up Hwayoung's face as Kwangmin was oblivious to the whispers around them. He was too busy in his own world to even notice the people passing by giving glances at them.

"Yah stop staring at me." Hwayoung pushed Kwangmin's face away with her hand. "Yah!" Kwangmin slapped her hand away. "Do you really want to injure my face right now?"

"People are staring at us." She whispered. Kwangmin took a look around them and finally noticed the people giving looks at them. "We didn't do anything wrong though." He blinked.

"They're staring because.. because.." Hwayoung's eyes darted around as she tried to think of an excuse to get out of that embarassing situation. "Oh! Look! Ice cream!" She spotted an ice cream parlor on the other side of the field.

"Where?" Kwangmin forgot about what they were talking about as he looked around for ice cream. *Such a kid.* Hwayoung chuckled and thanked the heavens that she managed to change the topic.

"Let's go! My treat for accusing you." Hwayoung got up, pulling Kwangmin along the way. "Uh, Hwayoung." Kwangmin interrupted her happy thoughts. "Hmm?" She picked up her pace and turned to him, trying to reach the ice cream parlor faster.

"I can walk." Kwangmin said, signalling to Hwayoung's hand on his arm. "Oh right." She immediately released his arm, stopping for a while to get herself together. "It's fine." Kwangmin would be lying if he said his heart didn't feel anything either.

"Let's go." Kwangmin led the way as Hwayoung trail behind silently. *Take deep breaths. Calm down, seriously Jo Kwangmin, what's wrong with you?!* He scolded himself mentally. *Maybe hyungs are right, maybe I do like her, maybe I really did fell for her, maybe-*

"I pick mint-flavored for me and... what about you?" Hwayoung's words snapped Kwangmin out of his trance. "Oh. Uh, blueberry."

Hwayoung nodded before picking out the flavours. "Mint, Blueberry and Strawberry please." She said to the cashier. "Strawberry?" Kwangmin leaned onto the counter, admiring the different flavours under the see-through glass.

"Yeah, for Hyoyoung unnie." Hwayoung replied. "You seem like you really care for her." Kwangmin glanced at her. "Well I do. I just feel bad for blaming her for what happened." Hwayoung confessed, putting her head onto the counter.

"Don't feel bad, it wasn't your or your twin's fault. We'll find a way out." Kwangmin grinned. "We?" Hwayoung look up at him.

Kwangmin coughed. "Yeah sure, the one who spread the rumour might know because of me since I always threatened you, he could've found out so I'll help as much as I can." He grinned. "Thanks." Hwayoung smiled, putting her head back onto the counter.

Kwangmin nodded as silence surrounded them. Hwayoung kept tapping the glass with a finger due to boredom. "Where's the ice cream?" Both of them voiced out in unison. They looked at each other as their eyes made contact until both of them bursted out laughing.

As the laughter faded, Kwangmin got curious of something. It's bugging him so he decided to just let it out. "Did you ever like someone before?"

Hwayoung looked up at him, surprised at the sudden question. "Huh?"

"I'm just curious." Kwangmin shrugged. *Please say no.* He mentally begged. "Well yes. I did." Hwayoung said. "Oh." Kwangmin tried to hide his disappointment but judging from his reply, it didn't go so well. Luckily, Hwayoung didn't notice it.

"But I got rejected." She smiled bitterly. "Oh." was all Kwangmin could say.

"Don't you have anymore words other than 'oh'?" Hwayoung laughed silently. "When?" Kwangmin got the courage to ask. "Remember the day I cried on the rooftop? It was a day before. I fell for someone who only thinks of me as a sister." Hwayoung explained.

"Is he from our school?"

"Nope." Hwayoung simply shook her head. "He's older than us."

"It figures. The girls all like the older ones." Kwangmin sighed sadly as he slumped onto the counter. Hwayoung chuckled. "Well many girls like you too. You have a fanclub."

"That's right but why do I feel unhappy still?" Kwangmin turned to her, wanting to say something but it felt as if a lump is stuck down his throat. Hwayoung felt uncomfortable with the way Kwangmin was gazing at her.

She straightened up, as if ready to take the ice creams and go. *Why is it taking so long? It's not like they need to make the ice cream.* She grumbled in her thoughts. "Oh right!" Suddenly, she remembered something.

"Thank you." She turned to Kwangmin as the other also stood straight, confused. "For?"

"For comforting me back then. You might not know it, but that was the first time I gave a genuine smile after the rejection and it's all thanks to you." Hwayoung smiled cutely. "So thank you."

Kwangmin's face heated up. "Huh? Oh, no problem."

"Here's your ice creams!" The cashier slid a plastic bag onto the counter as Hwayoung paid for the ice creams. "Thank you for coming!" The cashier gave a warm smile and bowed as Hwayoung took the plastic bag.

"Let's go." She smiled, leaving the parlor with Kwangmin trailing behind. *I made her smile? Really?* Kwangmin started feeling all happy with the thought. He even could see rainbows everytime he looked up at the sky.

"What're you looking up there? Ppalli or my twin will be worried if she reached home first." Hwayoung called out snapping Kwangmin back into reality. "Oh nothing! I thought I saw Superman up there!" Kwangmin mentally smacked himself for talking gibberish.

Hwayoung gave a befuddled face. "What?"

"Nothing dear!" Kwangmin swore he would bury himself in his yard when he gets home later. "What?" Hwayoung's befuddled face then got replaced with a weirded out one.

"What what?" Kwangmin blinked innocently, pretending nothing happened as he walked pass Hwayoung. "Hurry up or your twin will be worried remember?"

"Huh?!" Hwayoung wanted to bang her ears on each side to make sure she wasn't hearing things. *No wait, my ears are precious.* Hwayoung shook her head, trying to forget the things she heard. *I must have imagined it.*

 

~~0o0~~

 

"Hwayoung-ah! I'm home!" Hyoyoung kicked her shoes away lightly. *Maybe she's not home yet?* She thought, seeing no sight of Hwayoung as she would be the first to greet her whenever she came home. *Or maybe she's still mad at me.* Hyoyoung grew sad at the new thought. "Come on in." She stepped into the mansion-like house, inviting Youngmin in. *Omma and appa must still be at work.* Hyoyoung was a bit relieved.

"I only wanted to walk you to your home, not walk you to your bedroom or something." Youngmin crossed his arms, refusing to enter the girl's house. He felt that if he did, he would interfere with Hyoyoung's private life and he didn't really want that until he confess first to her.

"I'm not inviting you to my room even if you begged me too." Hyoyoung scrunched up her face.

"Alright then. See ya." Youngmin gave her a nod before preparing to retreat to his own house. "Wait a minute! Just let me give you a drink, sheesh." Hyoyoung pulled him back, dragging him in. "It's the least I could do after I somehow accused you of spreading that rumour." She said, feeling an immense guilt inside of her.

"Hey! Wait-" Youngmin panicked when he saw his wrist in Hyoyoung's soft hands. "Just a drink or you'll make me feel guilty by making you walk me home." Hyoyoung ignored Youngmin's protest as she shove Youngmin down onto the leather couch.

"You didn't make me, I wanted to do it so just let me go home." Youngmin rolled his eyes, giving Hyoyoung a tired whine.

"Dont't be such a baby." Hyoyoung scoffed as she made her way to the kitchen. "Yah! What did you say?!" Hyoyoung pretended to be deaf for a while as she pulled the refrigerator open.

Grabbing the big orange carton into her hands, she closed the fridge with her free hand and got a tall mug onto the table. "Yah! Ppalli or I'm going!" Youngmin bellowed as Hyoyoung rolled her eyes, annoyed.

She poured the orange juice into the mug before twisting the top of the carton back into place. "Me and my stupid nice self." As conceited as it sounds, Hyoyoung kept mumbling the same words, getting annoyed at Youngmin's loud grumbles. She wanted to just let him go, but she felt like she needed to at least do something for him as a 'thank you'. *Well he did went through the trouble to explain nicely to me and yet, I was being a bit harsh on him.*

"Hey." A silent voice appeared behind her.

She gripped onto the mug, turning around. "Here so shut-" Hyoyoung flinched suddenly and lost her grip, letting the mug slid down onto the floor, crashing into bits. Yet, she remained frozen.

"Hey! Are you hurt?!" Jinyoung reached for Hyoyoung's hand, examining for cuts. "Aish you pabo, seriously." He let out a sigh of relief after making sure Hyoyoung's hand was fine.

"O-Oppa.." Hyoyoung called out softly. "Oh, sorry." He released Hyoyoung's hand and took a step back. "I'll clean this, you can go." He bend down onto his knee, picking up the small pieces into his hands.

Snapping out of her daze, she immediately crouched down. "No, I did this so- Ah!" A piece pricked Hyoyoung's thumb when she tried to take the pieces of mug from Jinyoung.

"Let me look at that." Jinyoung settle the crashed pieces back onto the floor before grabbing Hyoyoung's thumb. She tried to pull back but Jinyoung wouldn't let her. "Just stay still."

"But it's nothing-"

"Yah, what took you so long and I heard a crash-" Youngmin came to a halt after being greeted with an unwanted scene. The other two turned their heads to see who it was. "Youngmin! Sorry, let me get you another drink." Hyoyoung panicked and got up abruptly after momentarily forgetting that she was getting her guest a drink.

"And who are you?" Jinyoung got up, half-confused and half-bitter seeing an unknown boy invited by Hyoyoung into the house. "Who are you?" Youngmin flipped the question back coldly.

Hyoyoung fumbled with the carton, trying to pour the drink into the new mug and give her guest a proper drink. "Be careful or you'll get another cut." Jinyoung took the carton from Hyoyoung, pouring the orange juice gently. *The sooner he gets his drink, the sooner he can go home.* Jinyoung thought.

"Thanks oppa." Hyoyoung said softly. As Jinyoung pour the drink, Hyoyoung decided to introduce the two. "This is Youngmin, a classmate of mine."

"Wait wasn't you who threatened Hyoyoung and Hwayoung?" Jinyoung set the carton down as he remembered seeing Youngmin a few times. "Wait no, that was Kwangmin, his twin and well they stopped threatening us now. I guess." Hyoyoung explained before havoc starts between the two.

"You guess?" Jinyoung furrowed his eyebrows. "Well it's a long story." Hyoyoung muttered out. Youngmin faked a cough, trying to pry Hyoyoung's attention away from Jinyoung. "Oh right!" Hyoyoung grabbed the mug of juice and avoided the sharp pieces on the floor before finally giving the juice to Youngmin.

"And this is.." Hyoyoung wanted to finsh her introduction until she stopped, not knowing what to address Jinyoung anymore. "I'm Jinyoung, a guy who lives in the same house with her." Jinyoung finished Hyoyoung's sentence before slipping the carton back into the fridge.

"I'll go get a broom." Jinyoung said before leaving off, avoiding Hyoyoung's eyes.

Hyoyoung felt as if a brick fell onto her head hard. Youngmin eyed Jinyoung as he walked away, gulping the juice furiously. "Who the heck is that? You lived with him? How many more guys are there in your house-" Youngmin bombed Hyoyoung with questions before he noticed the sad look on her face.

Youngmin cleared his throat awkwardly, putting the mug onto the table. "Well thanks for the drink."

Getting no response, Youngmin touched Hyoyoung's arm slightly. "Hey." He called out softly, a bit weird to him since he hardly speak nicely to anyone. "Oh. Sorry." Hyoyoung popped back into life at his touch.

"You okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." Hyoyoung put on a small smile. "I guess he can leave now?" Jinyoung intruded into their conversation, taking the broom into the kitchen.

"Like I want to be in the same room with you any longer." Youngmin replied coldly, before turning to Hyoyoung. "I'll go now. See you outside of school." Youngmin said, as a tingle greeted his heart at his own words. *This means I can visit her, right? I'm not letting her alone with that guy anymore.*

"Outside of school?" Jinyoung questioned. Hyoyoung gave Youngmin a small nod before she accompanied him to the door. "Bye."

"What did he meant by outside of school? Aren't you two classmates?" Jinyoung appeared afterwards, leaving the broom behind. Hyoyoung took a deep breath, before turning to him. "Actually.."

~~0o0~~

 

"I'm home.." Kwangmin dragged his feet into his house. "You're home." Youngmin gave his twin a blank welcome. "You had ice cream?" He asked noticing the empty ice cream container in Kwangmin's hand.

Kwangmin nodded lifelessly, throwing the container into the trash can.

"Where did dad kept the shovel?" He muttered out. "The basement, why?" Youngmin blinked at his zombie twin. "Can you help me?" Kwangmin tiredly ask as if his energy got drained out of his body. "With what?" Youngmin asked, a bit surprised at his twin's unusual behaviour.

Kwangmin opened his mouth, with Youngmin waiting and wondering with what help he needed.

"Burying me in the backyard." And the look pasted on Youngmin's face afterwards will be what you called it, 'priceless'.

 

 

--------~~~~--------

 

"It's done. They got kicked out of school."

"Good job. I assure you that it was the right thing to do."

"You sure the twins will be fine?"

"Don't worry, I'll take care of them."

 

--------~~~~--------
 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello guys! :3 Did you saw the short conversation there? >3 Mwehehehehe, try to guess who they are. If someone's right, I'll add him/her into the story in a chapter whether as a single or a couple with their desired idol X'D hihi lol for example making Minwoo fall in love with them or something, ahah XD lol sorry, don't mind my stupid contest here, :3 I just wanted to put a game so you won't be so bored with the story. Don't worry, it's not a must XD But if you want to, you can take a guess, it won't hurt OuO Right? *throws glitters* weee~ See ya! And here are the replies! Thank you for the comments! ^^ I love you guys! Seriously, I do! <3

 

rumourhasit12 : I updated yay! XD Was it soon enough? XD Thank you for commenting and reading <3 :3 And don't worry, I got a co-author to help me out *winkwink at Rie* XD So we'll make sure to update soon if we're not busy :'3

earbestfriend : Hey there you! :3 You're addicted to it? Really???? OMG thank you! It's an honor that you like my story ;___: *cries tears of happiness* Well here's the next chapter, sorry to keep you waiting B'D *hugs* Thank you for commenting and reading!

ShineeShiDaePmSuju : It is someone maybe none of you expected :'3 Keep thinking OuO That person is very near to the twins yet so far away XD hoho Thank you for reading and commenting! <3

RamboDovey : XD Well hello there co-author nim, you don't need to wait now since you'll be helping me to write about it and it's our fic now XDDD lols Let's work well! *nods* Hwaiting! Thank you for wanting to be my co-author! <3

minty_melon : *gobbles the cookies up* OuO Why thank me? B'D I'm the one who should thank you! Thank you for commenting and reading! <3 I'm afraid Kwangmin wasn't brave enough in this chapter ;A; *flips Kwangmin to mars* You'll know who very soon >3 muahahaha~