Safe and Sound?

We Know Your Secret *smirks*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Placing the flowers on the table, Kwangmin just stood there, feeling an immense weight in his heart.

He looked down at the concrete floor and took a deep breath before letting the words flow out.

"Hyung, I'm sorry for being an annoyance to you all this time. You're the best twin I could ever have. Even though you're always mean and cold to me, you're still my hyung. As your twin dongsaeng, I will always care for you and keep you in my heart-"

 

"What the hell are you doing?" 

 

He looked up only to find Youngmin staring at him as if he's gone nuts. "What? I'm just expressing how I feel." Kwangmin spoke up, feeling a bit hurt after Youngmin cut him off. "I spent a lot of time to write this speech down, you know." He shoved a hand in his pocket before pulling a piece of paper out, showing Youngmin the long speech he had written in the hallway.

"I'm not dead yet." Youngmin coldly remarked. Kwangmin shrugged. "So? Do I have to wait for you to be dead first before telling you how much I care-"

"Stop that." Youngmin rubbed his temple, giving a hint that he's getting dizzy with Kwangmin's words. Kwangmin opened his mouth to reply until a knock interrupted. 

"Don't tell me you two are fighting again?" Sandeul's head popped into the room before he walked in, observing the bandages around Youngmin's arm and shoulder as if he was amused at the sight. After the speed-driving from Kwangmin, the others managed to get to the hospital just in time for treatment.

Youngmin's arm had to be bandaged and the doctor in charge said that he would be fine as long as he doesn't do anything sport-like for a while. Sandeul on the other hand, had bruises all over his body but he survived and his bruised body actually healed faster than expected.

"Having fun there?" Youngmin glanced at Sandeul whose head was so close to Youngmin's arm, people would've thought he was sniffing it.

"Oh, sorry." Sandeul straightened up with a goofy grin on his face. "You two can be the twins instead. You have the same skill." Youngmin leaned back onto his bed.

"And what's that?" Kwangmin perked up. "The ability to annoy people easily." Youngmin turned his back to Kwangmin who gaped at his twin's reply.

"How could you say that? I even brought those flowers for you!" 

"You plucked them from the garden outside, didn't you?" 

Kwangmin choked slightly and coughed. "How did you know that?"

"I saw you stupid. If you want to give some flowers, next time try to remember to not pluck them from the garden just below my room's window." Youngmin laid on his back and stared at the ceiling.

"Don't tell mom." Kwangmin rubbed his neck, a bit ashamed after getting caught red-handed.

"Anyway, are you here alone, Sandeul?" Kwangmin changed the topic as Sandeul shook his head. "I forgot to tell you. Actually I came here with-"

"Oh my~ Look who's here to visit you, Youngmin-ah~" The Jo twins' mom appeared as she guided a young girl into the room which made Youngmin's eyes bulged out.

"-Hyoyoung." Sandeul finished his sentence with a sheepish smile.

"Is this the one you were talking about? Too bad your father's not home. She's really pretty-

"Mom!" Youngmin cut his mom off, giving a look so that she'll go away but apparently, Mrs Jo was too dense to notice the hint. "So are you here to visit my son? Which one?" Mrs Jo turned to Hyoyoung.

Hyoyoung's forehead crinkled, obviously confused. "Uh.." 

"Mom!!" Youngmin whined, but to his dismay, his mom ignored him. "Well actually, I'm here to visit Youngmin since he's injured and it's mostly cause of my twin and I." Hyoyoung answered, feeling guilty for what happened.

"Oh, so you're the girls that they were trying to save?" Mrs Jo gasped slightly. "What about your twin? Is she okay? I heard she got shot."

Hyoyoung looked at the ground. "Yeah, she's fine, fortunately she got to the hospital on time to pull the bullet out. But.." She pulled her head up to look straight at Mrs Jo's face.

"Aren't you suppose to be mad?" Mrs Jo blinked as well as the boys. "Why would I?" She asked.

"Because Youngmin is like that because of us." Hyoyoung glanced at Youngmin as Youngmin softened, seeing her face filled with guilt. "Oh dear, I'm not mad." Mrs Jo smiled softly. "It's not your fault and he's fine now so there's nothing to be mad about. It was his choice to go save you afterall."

Hyoyoung bit her bottom lip. "You're just like omma. She and appa also said the same thing." 

Sandeul smiled slightly. "Hyoyoung-ah, omma and appa were more worried about you and Hwayoung. You're both their daughters, don't forget about that and as your brothers, it was our duty to protect you." 

"Is Hwayoung still resting at home?" Kwangmin asked, as all heads turned to him. "Oh? Yeah, she's still resting at home. You should come and visit. She's always grumbling about how boring she is without anything to do. The girls are always visiting but they have school so they can't visit much." Hyoyoung nodded.

"What about you? When are you going to come back to school?" Youngmin asked as Mrs Jo gave him a small grin which he ignored.

"I don't know. Appa spoke to the principal and explained that we were only working at the bar in the past because of our previous foster parents. We're now allowed to go back and it's up to us when but... I'm not sure if I want to."

"Why not?" Kwangmin furrowed his eyebrows. "Your friends will be there to protect you from the students, and not to mention us here." 

Hyoyoung smiled, a bit touched. "It's not that, we're just not ready to face them and Hwa still needs time to heal her wounds." Kwangmin frowned. "Maybe I should visit her." He mumbled.

"Yeah, you should, dearie~" Mrs Jo smiled after hearing his mumble, making Kwangmin blush slightly.

"And Hyoyoung, don't you think you should treat Youngmin to a date sometimes? You know, to repay my son for sav-"

"MOM!!" Youngmin shouted, flinching everyone in the room as the blood rushed up to his face. It was hard to know whether it was from anger or just pure embarrassment.

Hyoyoung blinked, her eyes wide opened as Mrs Jo turned to him. "It's not nice to raise your voice at your mother." She glared.

"Stop harrassing Hyo-"

"Sure, I guess I should treat you to lunch, sometimes?" Hyoyoung nodded, after giving it a thought. 

Youngmin sighed. "See, she's busy so- Wait, what?" His mind was starting to get blurry. *Am I turning stupid like Kwangmin?*

"I said, sure. Hwa and I can afford it." Hyoyoung shrugged blankly. "Wait, let Hwayoung treat Kwangmin after she's cured. Won't four people be awkward?" Mrs Jo reasoned.

"Two people is more awkward, mom." Kwangmin cut in, feeling a rush of panic after hearing his mother's suggestion.

"So it's settle then? Great! I'm gonna go make some drinks." Mrs Jo clapped. "Should I help?" Hyoyoung was about to follow her out until Mrs Jo waved a hand. "No, it's fine. The guest should stay. Kwangmin, come help me."

Kwangmin grumbled. "Why me?" 

"Because no one is here to visit you and Sandeul is the guest so I can't ask him now can I?" Mrs Jo said as Kwangmin shuffled his feet to her lazily. "I'll help." Sandeul slung an arm around the lazy Kwangmin, dragging him out as well while Mrs Jo smiled in delight before shutting the door close.

The other two figures in the room, blinked as silence surrounded them.

"I swear if she locked that door.." Youngmin mumbled to himself, feeling more dizzy from his mother's continuous mischieves.

"Lock what?" Hyoyoung tilted her head slightly as Youngmin shook his head. "Nothing." 

Hyoyoung nodded as she took around the surroundings, feeling weird as she's in the so-called Devil's room. She would have never thought that the twins who were bossing her and her sister around would be the ones to save them.

"So.. Are you sure about that da- Lunch thing?" Youngmin cleared his throat as he focuses on playing with his blanket. 

Hyoyoung turned to him as her fingers started to naturally fiddle with each other. She didn't know why she was suddenly feeling nervous about the whole thing. Maybe it was because they were alone in the room. She didn't know.

"Yeah, if that's okay with you." 

Youngmin knew that it was more than okay for him but of course, he wouldn't admit it. "I guess. It's the least you can do for getting my shoulder to look like this." He pretended to roll his eyes in annoyance as if he had no choice. "And my mom would lecture me all day if I didn't agree with it."

Hyoyoung slightly sulked inside. "Okay then." 

After a few minutes of silence that felt like hours, Hyoyoung dragged her feet to the door. "Where are you going?" Youngmin got up from his bed. 

Hyoyoung turned to him, fiddling her fingers still. "Uhm, I'm just gonna go and see if your mom needs help or anything." Youngmin felt disappointed that she was going to leave and panicked when she turned around again.

"Ugh!!" 

Hyoyoung twirled around to find Youngmin clutching on his shoulder, his face scrunched up together. "Youngmin?!" She rushed to his side,not knowing what to do. "Should I call your mom?" Youngmin shook his head. "I'm fine... just stay."

"Huh? B-But your shoulder-" Hyoyoung stuttered. "I'm fine, just stay in case it hurts again." Youngmin pulled her arm down, forcing her to sit on his bed. 

Hyoyoung bounced on the bed and her eyebrows furrowed at how fast it took for the pain to go away completely. "Were you faking it?"

Youngmin went silent as his eyes snapped towards her. Hyoyoung turned away, feeling guilty immediately. "Sorry, I shouldn't accuse you like that."

*I really am turning stupid like Kwangmin.* Youngmin sighed.

 

~~0o0~~

 

"Oppa! I want more ice cream~" Hwayoung flipped the pages of her magazine, bored with the usual gossips about the idols. 

Jinyoung trudged in with another bowl of ice cream, looking messed up. "Anything else, my princess?" He sighed as he place the bowl on the table. Hwayoung grinned at her brother. "Nope, thanks oppa! Is your wrist feeling okay?"

Jinyoung raised his bandaged wrist. "It's not hurting anymore." 

Hwayoung beamed, "That's good so that means I can ask for more ice cream later!" Jinyoung mentally face-palmed himself. *Curse my honesty.*

"Where's Unnie?"

Jinyoung's heart dropped at the question. "She went to see that guy." Hwayoung blinked. "What guy?"

"That guy."

"Which?"

"That guy."

Hwayoung felt irritated. "Does he have a name?"

"That guy." With that, Jinyoung left the room. Hwayoung swore that Jinyoung must have gotten infected by a weird virus from his broken wrist. She placed the magazine onto the table before grabbing the bowl of ice cream and stuffing the melting sweetness into .

"I wonder what the unnies and dongsaengs are doing at school now." She sighed, stabbing her spoon into the ice cream, scooping some more to eat. She glanced down at her phone beside her. "Maybe I should call someone."

She put the bowl aside and took the phone in her hand, dialling a number before she stopped. "Hmm, the others are busy at school. I can't bother them." She decided to call her unnie instead.

"Yoboseyo? Unnie! Where are you? How could you leave your injured dongsaeng alone? Oppa said that you went to meet a guy. Youngmin? Oh so that's why he's so grumpy." It finally made sense to Hwayoung. She chuckled to herself, she wondered how much more dense can her unnie be.

"Kwangmin wants to visit?" Hwayoung brightened. "Tell him to come! I'm so bored here." She pouted although she knew her twin couldn't see. "Arasseo! Tell him to come soon! Wait what, now? He's there with you? Talk to him? Wait no- Oh hi Kwangmin!" Hwayoung jolted up from her bed, immediately regretting it as the pain surged through her waist.

"Me? I'm fine, just in pain.." She tried to fake a laugh.

 

-----Phone Conversation-----

Kwangmin : Hey, you should rest. That laugh sounds fake, stop it.

Hwayoung : I can laugh any way I want to. HA. HA. HA.

Kwangmin : Seriously? You still have the energy to fight with me?

Hwayoung : Nope~ I'm just bored. Come and visit me!

Kwangmin : .............

Hwayoung : Are you there? Hello?

----------------------------------

 

Hwayoung looked at her phone. "Did something happened?" 

"Hello? Hwayoung?" Hyoyoung's voice appeared through the phone. "Unnie?" Hwayoung quickly pressed her ear on the phone. "What happened to Kwangmin?" 

"He's going there now. He went out, just now. Maybe he's worried about you."

Hwayoung widened her eyes, looking around. "What?! Now?! But the room- I gotta go, Bye unnie! Love you! Take care! Saranghae!" She threw the phone away carelessly before trying to get up from the bed. "Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow!!" She winced.

"Jinyoung oppa!! I need help to clean the room!" 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sorry for the late update! I thought I'd skip the whole 'hospital' thing cause it'd be so boring and not so important to be honest XD Here's the chapter! COMMENT SUBCSRIBE are welcomed with WIDE OPENED ARMS! XD