Entry #005

Mnemophobia

 

There are dreamers and there are realists in this world. You’d think the dreamers would find the dreamers and the realists would find the realists. But more often than not, it’s the exact opposite.

 

You see the dreamers need the realists to keep them from soaring too close to the sun. And the realists.. well, without the dreamers, they might not ever get off the ground.

 

14th August 2014

 

Moving the cursor over the play button, Jiyong listened to the track intently. Frustration could be heard from the low hisses he is making as he highlighted a certain part of the track on the computer screen and hit the delete button. He straightened himself up despite his eyes that were sore and red from staring at the computer screen for more than 12 hours, he had to get a track out in the market within this month but he just couldn’t produce one that he likes.

 

A single that G-dragon produces can earn him almost half a million, he desperately needs that sum of money so he can find other methods to look for Haewon. He had spent the last bit of his savings he had on hiring the world best private investigators the last time. Everyone in YG chipped in in the costly search, including their CEO, pinning their every hope but it failed them terribly. According to them, Haewon simply didn’t exist in this world. The only data they had was up till 2012, before she went missing. The results were beyond ridiculous, how could someone just disappear from earth overnight?

 

However, there is no way he would give up just like that. The reason why he is trying so hard, is because he hopes that life would make a change. He needed her to come back. People say time heals all, but without her by his side, time stands still.

 

Hitting the delete button again, Jiyong threw his headphones on the table and rubbed his face tiredly. He stood up from the chair and he saw her, sprawled on the sofa behind him with her books around her, beaming at him with his favourite smile.

 

“What’s wrong?” Haewon stood up and walked towards him, leaning her chin on his shoulders and wrapping him up in her arms.

 

“I’m stuck. Uurgh.” Jiyong groaned as he rubbed his tired eyes. However, when he turned around to see her, his tiredness disappeared instantly. He pulled her around, and placed her on his lap so he could hug her better. Snuggling into her shoulders, he whined. “The track sounds weird no matter how many times I listen to it. I don’t want to do it anymore.”

 

Rubbing his hands around her waist gently, Haewon hoaxed. “Play it. Maybe the genius can help you.”

 

Jiyong grabbed the earphones and put it over her, playing the track he had made. He watched the girl listened to it intently without any expressions till the song ended. Just like he expected, Haewon replied, “Yeah it sounds weird.”

 

“Damnnnn.” Jiyong closed his eyes tiredly and leaned on her shoulders, “It’s weird somewhere but I can’t really find exactly the part that is weird.”

 

“And I feel like adding a stronger bass.”

 

“Aaah! So frustrating!”

 

“Ji.” Haewon nudged him, “Delete the 2nd verse, loop the 1st quarter. Add in the bass at the last quarter.”

 

Her words made Jiyong sprang up right away. The gaze in his eyes changed into a serious one. With Haewon in his lap, his left fingers move around the keyboard frantically, as his right clicked on the mouse rapidly. He has a good feeling about it when he hit the play button and he is right.

 

The song is barely into the first chorus and he found himself humming to the rhythm while Haewon started bobbing her head to the beat while they looked into each other’s eyes. They knew instantly that they both love the song.

 

“Seriously Wonnie, you are the reason behind G-dragon’s success you know that?” Jiyong turned her around and pinched her cheeks hardly, his girlfriend has manage to help him produce another piece of music that will be a hit in the industry again.

 

“Aaaah!” Haewon screamed in pain as she reached for his cheeks, pinching them as hard as he did to her. “Of course! I gave you that name!”

 

“Yeah yeah.” Jiyong chuckled at her adorableness before her cheeks and leaned in for a kiss. “Thank you so much.”

 

“You’re welcome GD-ssi.” Haewon giggled and returned his kiss. The couple kept smiling and kissing one another, totally immersed in their own world.

 

“Ehem.”

 

“This is a recording studio, not a motel kids.”

 

Haewon and Jiyong pulled away in shock as they turned to the door to see the daddy of the company, Yang Hyun Seok closing the recording studio’s door behind him.

 

“Hello boss!” Jiyong saluted playfully while Haewon copied after him, saluting the man with a cheeky smile. “Boss, you think too little of Kwon Jiyong. Why will I go to a motel when I can go to a hotel?”

 

“Or when we can just do it in our mansion. Right Wonnie?”

 

“So you are trying to flaunt your wealth now?” Yang Hyun Seok asked them with a fatherly smile, “Haewon, since when did you become like this?”

 

“That’s just him Daddy Yang.” Haewon corrected the man, “If I were really really ridiculously wealthy, I wouldn’t buy a mansion. I will just buy tiny apartments in every city I love.”

 

“Heard that Jiyong? Your girlfriend is hinting you.”

 

“Yah, Cha Haewon. You are telling me this after I bought a 10M mansion for us?” Jiyong pretended to ask in disbelief, but his arms around her waist remained as tight, preventing her from falling.

 

“You will earn that sum of money back anyway.” Haewon turned her back on him as she pointed to the computer screen. “This song will be a hit for sure.”

 

“Oh? A new song?” Yang Hyun Seok asked.

 

“Yeah, listen to it.” Jiyong played the music and before it reached the chorus, their CEO was also tapping his feet to the song already.

 

“Definitely a hit.” He agreed almost right away.

 

Raising Haewon’s hands, Jiyong declared proudly. “It’s Haewon who did it!”

 

“Why am I not surprised?” The man leaned back in the sofa with a proud smile, the girl before him has the looks and talent. Not only can she sing and dance as well as her boyfriend, she can produce songs better than him too. If she ever debuts, she is the next big thing in the industry. “When are you going to accept the artist contract I offered huh? Is YG contract that bad to you?”

 

“Hahahah.” Haewon laughed at the older man’s sacarsm as she shook her head, “I don’t have to debut to help YG.”

 

Looking into Jiyong’s eyes, she beamed, “I belong to the YG family already anyway.”

 

Through her black eyes, Jiyong saw himself in her eyes, he was smiling so happily and blissfully. He reached out to caress her cheeks, telling her how much he loves her through his gentle touches.

 

Contracting his hand, he ran his thumb over his own hands. Now, he has to stop. Because every time he remembers this, he has to cry a little by himself. He doesn’t know why something that made him so happy then feels so sad now. Maybe that is the way it is with memories. Her touch and her skin, where should he begin? No words can explain the way he is missing her. Tonight, this emptiness, this hole that he is inside, these tears, they fall with each memory he shared with her.

 

“Where are you Haewon?” Jiyong picked up his phone and dialed a chain of numbers that he had memorized at the tip of his fingertips, as usual, it was sent to her voicemail. “and I’m so sorry I cannot sleep. I cannot dream tonight. What’s the point of sleeping when I’m not dreaming of you anyway?”

 

Oh memories, they cut him like knives.


This is a very important chapter. That's all I can say. It contains something that is needed for the future.

I'm losing subscribers more than I gain them. Sadly, the comments for this fic is really little too. I'm getting like 3 comments for a 700 plus subscribers fic. Is this story that bad? ):

I will persevere and write it the way I want, even if I were to lose all my subscribers. This storyline had been in my head since FI started.

Fighting to myself!

Enjoy~