Memory #008

Mnemophobia

 

Only be with someone who you think you can learn from. They should be smarter than you in certain ways so that you can continue to grow and be interested.

 

Above all, you should undoubtedly be proud that you are with them.

 

18th August 2010

 

Jiyong opened the door of her room and there she was, getting up from the edge of bed and walked over to him right away. He couldn’t go back to the office, dorm or his own house because reporters were flooding outside these areas, waiting for him to explain his drug scandal. Kiwon could only drive him here after his interrogation which CEO Yang pulled strings to bail him out.

 

Just like she had promised, she was still at the same spot waiting for him to return. And after being locked up for almost 12 hours, Jiyong could only collapse into her arms dejectedly.

 

“The poison leaves bit by bit Ji, not all at once. Be patient. You are healing.” Haewon patted his back and comforted him. “Don’t you dare.”

 

“Don’t you dare give up now.”

 

Unable to utter a word, Jiyong just held onto her and let her lead him to her bed. Her hugs hold him together when he was not strong enough to hold everything that he was together. She was the answer to every prayer he had offered when he was locked up and he didn’t dare to imagine how could he have live without her.

 

Nodding his head, Jiyong pressed her body into his tightly. His arms wrapped around her waist, afraid to let her go. “Won…”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“When I’m with you, I feel so safe.” He choked out as he looked at her like how a person looks in the sky in anticipation for catching sight of a shooting star to wish upon. Because she was his sky, his star and his desperately awaited wish. “Like I’m home.”

 

“Yes, you’re home.” Haewon kissed his lips. She wants to put Jiyong’s head in her lap so all his sadness would go away. She wants to make him feel real and she will fall asleep with him. They are not themselves but they are not alone. They have each other even if everyone out there was against him now.

 

“Promise yourself to be strong Ji, that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.”

 

“Live in the faith that the whole world, those that love G-dragon, is on your side as long as you are true to the best that is in you.”

 

Her words made Jiyong wonder if he didn’t meet her that day outside his training room, would he be able to sleep in a night like this or would he be as alive as he was right now. All he knew was the past couldn’t be undone but his future is still unwritten. And just like that, his company managed to bury the news and he managed to escape from jail with his CEO bribing some of the higher ranking officials. Things didn’t get better when he was forced to go on a hiatus for an unknown period of time. 

 

However, throughout the tough period, Haewon reminded him why did he even start out as an idol everyday. She supported him to make his own music, to choreograph his own dance and she would even spend her free time in the recording studio with him till wee hours in the morning. That was when he had learnt that when he meets someone like Haewon who tries her hardest to stick by him regardless of how difficult he is, keep her. Keep her at all costs because finding someone who cares enough to look past his flaws isn’t something happens everyday.

 

And for Haewon, she had learnt that the secret for long relationships is not having a perfect and harmonious love affair. It is not how less often they were fighting, not because of the number of similarities and the stuffs they both like doing together. Those things count but it is the faith that keeps her going. A relationship would last if both of them are willing not to give up, if both of them are willing to stand up and try every time one of them or both of them fall.

 

She had learnt not to lose hope when they were struck with problems along the way. Giving each other hope and hold on as long as they can was the key because even when Jiyong became even more famous after his comeback, and had lesser time for her, they loved each other more.

 

“Your body was meant to sit in the passenger seat of my car and your hand was meant to hold mine while I drive. Just like this” Kissing the back of her knuckles, Jiyong told her gently before focusing on the road again. Speeding down the road of Paris back to their hotel, Jiyong had kept his promise he made to her; a dinner date in an expensive restaurant where she got to wear the designer dress he handpicked for her on his birthday.

 

Standing in front of their suite room window, Jiyong passed Haewon a small glass of red wine which made the girl protest.

 

“Why do I only get to drink this little and you get to drink so much?”

 

“Because you just turned 18 half a year ago and I’m already 22?” Jiyong s his arms around her waist as Haewon leaned on his chest, both admiring the Paris nightview together.

 

“You flew me all the way to Paris just so I could drink this little amount of red wine? How stingy of you.”

 

“Hahahah. Of course not.” Jiyong pulled down his glass on the table and took out a small box from his pocket. With his wide gummy smile, he opened the box and in there sat a pretty ring making Haewon freeze on the spot right away.

 

“This is my promise to you Won.” Taking out the ring he slowly slipped into left hand’s ring finger. “I will ask for you parents’ permission to stay together when you turn 21.”

 

“I will buy us a house and we will live together.” To Jiyong, there is no greater feeling than going to bed with her and her being the first and last thing he sees each day. Knowing that he didn’t had to look anymore, because everything he ever wanted was in his arms. “And we will get married when you graduate okay?”

 

Nodding her head, Haewon wrapped her arms around his firm waist with a blissful smile. She couldn’t wait to be married and to come home after a long day to simply curl up next to Jiyong. She also couldn’t wait to fall asleep and look at his cute little face everyday, and to kiss his nose when they wake up. She also wants to sit across from him in the morning and talk about their dreams over a cup of coffee because that sounds like a grand ol’ time that would be so awesome. “I can’t wait to wake up in your arms everyday Ji.”

 

“I will still have to work for our future.” Jiyong leaned his chin on her shoulder, but a silly grin was visible on his face when he thought about the future they would be having. “But I promise I will come home everyday.”

 

“Even if you come home late then and I’m already asleep, just whisper in my ear one little thought you had that day. Because I love the way you look at the world.”

 

“And I’m so happy I get to be next to you and look at the world through your eyes.”

 

That moment, Jiyong just wants to feel her lips pressed against his, forgetting the entire world except for her, him and the butterflies in his stomach. Closing his eyes, he pecked on her lips lightly as Haewon slowly turned around to better respond to his kisses. That soft, fluttery kisses made the couple get lost in each other’s lips as they went on and on, heating each other’s body up. Until Jiyong felt Haewon’s hands lingering around his chest then he pulled away, pinning her hands beside her immediately.

 

“It’s your birthday today Ji.” Haewon looked at him softly, it was his birthday yet he flew her to Paris, brought her to dinner and even gave her a diamond ring. It felt like it was her birthday instead of his. “And this is the present I want to give you.”

 

Shaking his head firmly, Jiyong continued to hold her hands down. “No. You’re not 21 yet.”

 

“But my friends all lost their ity at the age of 16. I’m already 18 Ji!” Haewon reasoned. “I’m considered old already!”

 

“Hahah, then what about me?” Jiyong steadied the slightly swaying girl with his right arm while his left hooked her hair behind ears. His cute girlfriend was a little drunk from that small amount red wine but he would not seize the chance to have her like that. “I won’t touch you before you become an adult.”

 

“And don’t compare relationships Won. Our relationship belongs to us only, so we should do whatever we want.”

 

“You’re right.” With her entire weight leaning on Jiyong completely, the boy knew that she was about to max out from the alcohol. Carrying her up, he walked over to the king-sized bed and placed her down gently before folding himself around her. He wants to fall asleep with her, and he could care less whether it is in layers upon laters of clothing, or only their skin. All he wanted was to wake up with her.

 

Because in the centre of his love, 18 year old Haewon and his 22 year old heart, are there.


Wanted to post this slightly earlier but was out celebrating my birthday with my friends so sorry for this late one! 

Some of you might know that I'm not as young as you guys. I'm already 23 so I'm not sure how long more am I going to keep writing fics. 

It's not a goodbye message but please do be prepared if one day I stop producing stories. I'm not sure if I can ever do that cause I think I will really miss writing fics. ):

But no matter what, I would definitely finish every single story that I had started.

Okay, sorry for this but I thought I should let you guys know just in case one day I lose motivation to write. Nonetheless, enjoy this chap!