Library

Metallic memories

Library


 


I walk along the book shelf to find some information for our assignment while Jongup already sit in our place. The atmosphere in the library is so quiet since student rarely come here. I think there's only me and Jongup and a librarian.

 

''Oh, found it.'' I tiptoe to reach the book but the shelf is too high so I jump a little.

 

As I was struggle to reach for that book, I can feel something behind me. I quickly turn and now I was facing Jongup's chest. He stretch his arm and grab the book while I'm blushing due to our close distance. After that, he return to our place with that book.

I blink for a while and follow behind him to our seat. He set the book in front him and start to write something on the piece of paper.

 

''What are you writing?'' I look at him but he just remain silent.

''Jongup, are you deaf?'' I mutter while gently kick his chair.

 

Did he always serious like this, should I broke the awkwardness around us. I decide to disturb him as I poke his arm with my pen and doodle his note but he didn't even bother.

I continue disturb him until he glares at me with that laser eyes. If look can kill, I already die.

 

 

''Stop behave like a children and do your work. Take down a note or whatever.'' He frowns and continue his work.

 

I look at him in disbelieve and do like what he said. I flip the pages hardly until it make a noisy sound. Luckily, the librarian didn't heard since he's talking on the phone. Jongup looks at me and gesture me to be silent but I ignore him.

He lost his patience with my act as he grab my wrist and drag me out from the library. I try to pull my hand from his grip but give up after I know I can't against him. We stop in front of the library and he inhaled deeply. As he about to open his mouth, he let go of my hand and enter back the library.

 

''Aish, this girl.'' Jongup mumble to himself.

 

I wonder why he acts like that but shrug after I see the sky turn dark. I follow Jongup get into the library and sit back at my place. He just does his work without look at me and I decide to go home.

It's raining heavily out there so I cancel my intention to go home instead stay with him. The library become more cold because they on the air conditioner and I brush my both palm to keep myself warm.

 

''Don't you feel cold?'' I whisper at Jongup.

''No.'' He simply said but his voice sound usual, not cold like just now.

 

Jongup POV

She keep brush her palm together after she's asking me. I take a quick look at her and she's shivering while her gaze fix on my arm.

Why did she stare at my arm. I wonder and wave my hand in front of her.

 

''Are you okay?'' I ask, hope that nothing serious happen.

''Yes, I just feel a bit cold.'' She look into my eyes and draw a smile on her face.

 

I nod and she continue her works silently. I feel more awkward because none of us talk, just hear the rain drop. The time pass but the rain still didn't stop plus the library become more and more cold.

Haewon still brush her palm so I pull her into my arm. She looks shocked and stare at me but I just keep my poker face. She smile and snuggle down in my arm and that made my heart skip a beat.

 

''You're warm.'' I softened by hearing that.

''Thanks.'' Her word made me smile.

End of POV

 

Finally, the rain stop just in time the library close. We separate at the junction since our home in different way. I bid a goodbye to Jongup but he just walk without turn his back.

 

''Why his behavior keep change?'' I kick a pebble and look until he's disappear.

 

But then, a smile form on my lips as I remember the incident before. I feel secure in his embrace. He had my heart racing for a moment there. I know that little by little, he's getting close to me.

I walk along the road and I spot something.

 

''Taehyung?'' I call out for him.

 

He waves his hand at me and jog toward my direction.

 

''I didn't see you at class today. Where are you? You're making me feel worried.'' I hit his arm gently.

''Just..I feel like skip the class that's why I disappear.'' He lied but I'm too fool to notice it.

''Yah, you're bad boy. Who's your partner for Mrs Kim's class?'' I ask him.

''I don't know. Tomorrow, I will check it.'' He sadly said.

''Hey, what's wrong? Are you sick?'' I stare at Taehyung's expression.

''If only you know.'' He mumble slowly but I can't heard it.

''Pardon?'' I titled my head.

''Ah, nothing . Forget about it.'' He smile and he offer to walk me home.

 

We're walking side by side but I can feel Taehyung didn't act like himself. He always happy and lively boy but today something goes wrong. Did something happen? Why Taehyung seems sad? I'm going to make he smile again, just wait Taehyung.

I will discuss with bts oppa about this problem tomorrow.