What with him?

Metallic memories

What with him?


 

''Date with Jongup?'' My voice sinking to a whisper.

 

I stare at Haeri with a frown on my face but she's too happy to notices it. She smiles like a kid as she takes both of my hand and run slowly in a round.

 

''I'm going to have a date with my Jongup!'' She scream out loud while shakes my arm continuously.

 

My Jongup? Her Jongup?

 

​''Just go alone with him. Why are you bother to take me with you?'' I ask bitterly.

''I just need accompany to make me look more pretty.'' She flip her hair playfully.

''You already beautiful so you don't need accompany.'' I try my best to reject her 'invitation'.

''All people believe that if a beautiful girl hang out with 2 or 3 average girls, it will make the beautiful girl look double pretty than usual.'' She kindly explain to me where I really don't want to know about it.

''Unnie, I have like plenty of homeworks to finish it tonight.'' I try my other excuse.

''No. You will go with me and it's the end.'' She pretend to be angry and push me upstairs to my room.

''Change your cloth now. We don't want to be late, right?'' She said with a cheer in her tone.

 

I drag my foot to my room and throw myself on my bed. The time keep tickling but I don't have any intention to prepare myself to accompany her with Jongup. In the end, I will be the hurt one so why should I go.

 

''Haewon, you have 5 minutes more.'' I can hear Haeri's voice at the downstairs.

 

As I hear her voice, I feel like screaming my lung out. I wake up from my bed and stroll downstairs to tell Haeri that I'm not going with her.

I see Haeri sits on the couch in her cute dress. Somehow, I feel guilt eat me up but I try to comfort myself to say 'no' to her.

 

''Unnie..'' My words being cut off.

''Haewon, you want to wear like that? It's okay, let's go!'' She stand from the couch and walk towards me.

''Wait, I don't want to go.'' I shut my eyes, waiting for her respond.

 

I hope she doesn't mind if I don't want to go but her answer is totally opposite with my opinion.

 

''Haewon, you know what, I always pray that I could spend more time with Jongup. I always miss him when I need to follow my family to abroad. How can you be so selfish? You don't think about my feeling at all. Between the 2 of us, shouldn't 1 of us be happy?'' She spit out all the thought in her mind.

 

Then, how about my feeling?

 

Why do you said I'm selfish? You don't know everything about me.

The silent air make the situation become more tension as Haeri start to cries. A cry of despair. I just stand on my spot while Haeri already kneel down. I could tell she was quite sorrowful , I could hear tears in her voice, but other than that, there was no comment.

 

Am I that bad?

 

''Unnie..'' My voice crack a little to see her become like this. I feel sad all of sudden because I'm a human too.

 

She didn't respond yet I can hear her sobbing softly. What should I do? Things were looking gloomy. Is this my fault?

Every time we fought, I feel like I'm a devil and she's an angel.

She look fragile with her action and I look like a bad yet cruel devil that try to crush her.

 

Between the 2 of us, shouldn't 1 of us be happy?

 

Her words keep shouting in my mind. So, the one that should be happy is Haeri and what's about the other one?

 

''I'll go with you.'' I weakly said and bend down to her.

''You promise?'' She wipes her remain tears on her cheek.

 

I give a warm smile to her while nod slowly. I guess I need to prepare my heart for a hurtful show soon.

A smile crept on her face as she hugs me tightly. I hug her back while pat her back.

 

''Don't cry, unnie.'' With that, I dash to my room to change my cloth.

 

I walk to my closet to choose the cloth. My heart still screaming that I shouldn't go but other half of my heart tell me to go, make sure that I didn't hurt Haeri's feeling.

 

''What should I wear?'' I check all of my cloth but wait..

 

What should I care about my appearance? This is their date, not me. I just have to wear something simple that will not attract other attention. Haeri will be the star in this story, not me. I just somehow a...cameo.

I pick a white shirt and black short then tie my hair to a messy bun. Very simple.

After 5 minutes prepare myself, I go back downstairs and found Haeri with Jongup at the living room.

Since when he arrives? I just ignore my thought and awkwardly cough to get their attention.

 

''Oh, Haewon. You already there.'' Haeri runs towards me and hug my arm.

''Why she's following us?'' A 'pang' can be heard in my heart after hearing Jongup's question.

 

What the..

 

''She wants to go with us so I just allow her. It's okay, right?'' Haeri pouts at Jongup.

 

Hell.

 

''I thought you said you will bring your friends? Is it her?'' Jongup points at me with his index finger.

 

What with him? Why he dislike me so much?

 

''No, my friends can't go with us and Haewon forces me to take her with us.'' She release my arm and hug Jongup's arm.

 

Jongup just glare at me with his dangerous eyes. I avoid his gaze and look down to my feet. My lips can't say anything right now as if someone glue it together.

 

''Let's not waste our time.'' Haeri drag Jongup with her and I tag along behind them.

 

If I refuse to go, another drama will happen and this time she will has a backup. She has her own shining armor to protect her while me just protect myself.

They walk in front of me and chat happily. I feel like a dog who's being drag for a happy walk at the park.

Jongup totally ignore me and turn his back to me as I really don't exist. As if I'm their silhouette.

They decide to take a taxi to Lotte World, seriously Lotte World at the night.

Jongup stops a taxi for us to ride but when I'm about to get into the taxi, Haeri stops me.

 

''Haewon, I guess the seat already full. How about you take another ride?'' She show her angelic smile since Jongup is watching us.

''Right, Jonguppie?'' She hugs Jongup's arm again.

''Um..Everything you said.'' Jongup simply said and close the door, leaving me behind.

''Yah, Moon Jongup.'' I said slowly, too slow as my voice drown in my tears.

 

They just leave without hesitate or turn back to me. They just play with me, right? They will return back, right? I believe they will come back. I watch them with my doleful brown eyes as they drove away.

But after a few minutes, there's no sign of showing the taxi will return.

I guess, they really serious about leaving me behind.

I scoff at their attitude. How dare Haeri forces me to go with her and leave me alone here. Plus, the dark sky prove everything that this place isn't safe.

I feel that I already being betrayed.

 

''Why Jongup doesn't say anything to me? Why doesn't he backup me when he knows Haeri's idea to leave me? Why he looks annoyed when he knows that I'm going to follow them?'' There's a zillions of questions in my mind and how pathetic am I to not know the answers.

 

Why?

 

Out of frustration, exhaustion, and mounting stress, I cry in the street. I'm all alone now and no one even cares about me. I'm sure that I'm sounding like either a pathetic lovelorn teenager or a sad bitter queen.

I stand in the street looking dejected. My tears seems like they don't want to dry at all. It's keep flowing as Han River.

Everything is hurt. From the first, Haeri get back here.

When I am alone, in the nights of my solitude, the presence of this other shadow makes me feel secure.

 

''Don't cry, it'll be alright.''