Weary

Metallic memories

Weary


 

''Zelo?'' I look at the tall guy who's standing right beside me.

''Don't cry, noona.'' He slowly crouch down to my level and wipes my remaining tears.

''Why are you here?'' I try to hold my voice from crack.

''Hyung asks me to accompany him for his date.'' Zelo explains to me.

''Then, shouldn't you be at Lotte World right now?'' I titled my head to my left side.

''At first, I refuse since he said he will goes out with Haeri noona but Yongguk hyung asks me to follow Jongup with Haeri noona. That's why I'm still here. I saw everything just now. Hyung is so mean, he shouldn't treat you like this.'' Zelo's eyes become teary as he turns his head to his side.

''Are you okay, Zelo? Why are you crying?'' I touch his wet cheek.

''I feel very sad when I look at noona, cries alone in this dark street.'' His voice crack as he tries to hold the tears that threaten to fall down from the corner of his eyes.

 

To look at this young boy who's crying because of me make my heart burst even more. I broke down and sobs like a child beside Zelo. Everything is hurt.

 

''Noona, let's go before the dark clouds cover around the moon.'' Zelo stands and stretch out his hand in front of me.

 

I quickly reach for his hand without hesitate. As I stand properly, I rub some dust on my short and wipe my damp cheek. Zelo just stood erect with his arms by his sides.

 

''Let's me send you home, noona.'' I stare at the owner of the voice. He tries to cheer up the gloom atmosphere around us.

''No, I need to go to Lotte World. I already promise to her.'' I think of Haeri unnie's sad face if I broke our promise.

''Are you sure, noona? You will hurt even more if-'' I cut off Zelo's words by holding his shoulder.

''Yes.'' No, because I'm weary at all of these.

 

We wait for the taxi at the corner of the road. Fortunately, Zelo has several of driver taxi's number so he calls one of the driver and asks him to take us to Lotte World.

 

''How do you get all this numbers?'' I look at him, amazing.

''Well, I ask Yongguk hyung for all the numbers. Actually, I don't have one.'' Zelo grins as he scroll down his contact number.

 

I just nod at him. It still a relieved since we don't have to walk or take a bus there. It will take forever if we wait for a bus because we don't know the right time the bus will stop at this place or not.

The taxi finally arrives as I enter and sit at the back follow by Zelo.

 

''Where are you headed miss?'' The man looks at me through the rearview mirror.

''Um, Lotte World.'' I said hesitantly.

 

Should I go? Pitiful and foolish, what should I do?

 

''Okay.'' The man start the engine and drive us to Lotte World.

 

Along the way, we just keep silent as no one said any words. Only the sound of the engines can be heard. I just look outside the window and frozen there. My heart pound wildly because of nervous.

Inevitable wandering, people come and go.

In the wee hours of the night, I keep thinking about Jongup and Haeri unnie. They must be happy right now to be together at this tranquil night. Their night are full of laughter and pleased.

Then, I can feel a warm palm on my hand. I turn to look at my side just to see Zelo with his worries eyes.

 

''Why?'' I smile a bit at him, try to convince him that I'm okay.

''We still can turn back if you want. There's still a lot of time.'' Zelo said as he stares into my eyes.

''Why should we? I'm okay, Zelo. Trust me.'' I give him a real smile, a sincere one.

 

Zelo doesn't said anything as he didn't believe in me but he forces himself to smile back at me.

 

''I just don't want noona to cry again.'' He whisper in a low tone.

 

After a few minutes, we arrive in front of Lotte World. There's so many people enter and leave the Lotte World. I don't expect a lot of people here but my thought are wrong. Totally wrong.

I pay the driver before we go out from the car.

 

''Thank you.'' I bow at the driver and he just smile warmly.

 

We enter the Lotte World and I can't see any sign of them. Both Jongup and Haeri. I look at Zelo and an idea pop on my mind.

 

''Zelo, can you see them?'' I ask Zelo to search for them since he's tall and easy to look around us.

''No. Aish, there's so many people.'' He sigh as he stand beside me.

''It's okay, let's go and look for them.'' I smile and hold Zelo's arm to prevent us from getting separated.

 

As we're sitting on the bench, try to catch our breath from the crowded people, my phone suddenly beep.

A message from Haeri unnie.

 

Where are you? If you arrive at Lotte World, come at photobooth section. 

I'm waiting for you so come quick.

 

I read the message in disbelieve and keep it back in my pocket.

 

Shouldn't she asks me whether I came safely or not? Alive or not?

 

Zelo notices my reaction and he nudges my shoulder to pull my attention to him.

 

''Why noona?'' He asks when I look at him.

''Just..nothing. Let's go to photobooth. They are there waiting for us.'' I stand from the bench and drag Zelo's hand with me.

 

I can hear Zelo's chuckles behind me and it make me smile as well. I don't like too if he cried.

We reach the photobooth and I can see Haeri with Jongup with a big smile plastered on their bright face. My smile suddenly fade at the sight in front of me but I try not to show it to them.

 

''Unnie.'' I call out for her and both of them looks at me.

''Oh, Haewon. And Zelo too. You guys must go and play with all the rides, right? That's why you are late. How dare you have a fun without us.'' Haeri said in a sad voice as if she knows everything.

''We should play too.'' Jongup persuade Haeri as he takes a quick glance to me and Zelo.

''Hyung-''

''Let's go! Let's buy a ticket for a ride.'' Haeri cheers happily and drag Jongup with him.

 

My heart and my stomach and my whole insides felt hollow and empty and aching. I really hope that Jongup will asked me if I'm okay. If everything fine? If I'm scared while waiting for another ride alone?

I feel like I'm waiting for something that isn't going to happen. I look like a lovesick fool.

I smile a little and look at Zelo. He just stares at me with straight face. I quickly pull his arm and we follow Jongup and Haeri to the ticket counter.

There's a lot of people in a queue and they keep push each other. I look at Jongup who's tries to protect Haeri from the wild people here. He lets Haeri stand in his embrace.

 

Shouldn't I be there? In Jongup's embrace. What a jokes I'm thinking right now?

 

As we done buy our ticket, Haeri excuses herself to toilet before we rides the games. Now, it's just me, Zelo and Jongup. Zelo realizes our situation and he excuses himself to buy some junk foods.

I awkwardly look at other place, try to avoid any eye-contact with Jongup. I can feel his presence beside me and I'm kinda happy to know that he's near me. Too near as I can feel his warmth. 

 

''I'm sorry.'' Jongup said in a low voice.

''For what?'' I turn toward him with smile on my face, pretend that I don't hurt from the start.

''For leaving you behind.'' He looks serious.

''Oh, it's okay. I'm okay. Look, nothing happen to me.'' I try to hold the urge to sobs in front of him. I'm not okay.

''You must be scared, right?'' For the first time, he looks a bit worried. Or it's just my feeling?

 

Then, why do you leave me in the first place if you know that I'm scared?

 

''No, I'm not that easy to be scared. Ha ha ha.'' I laugh awkwardly.

''I'm sorry.'' With that, he hugs me tightly.

 

Why do you act like this? I have no idea.