Once again

Metallic memories

Once again


 

Before I went back to my house that night, Zelo stop me by called my name out loud. I turn back and facing him as my eyes began to swell with tears. Maybe I put too high expectation when I hear my name being called. I keep imagine that Zelo will be with Jongup, trying to stop me but when I get a better vision, it's only Zelo and that's all.

He's running towards me with something in his grip. A piece of paper? Since he's heading towards me, I just stand there and waiting for him to approach me.

As he arrived in front of me, he standstill on his spot while tried to breathe properly. I feel sorry for him since he needs to chase after me just to pass me something. Am I walking too fast?

 

"Why Zelo?" I look at him as he pull my hand and place a piece of paper in my palm. What is this?

"This is the time where's Jongup hyung will discharged from the hospital tomorrow. Make sure you come, noona. Hyung will be happy to meet you." Zelo smiled at me and tried to cheer me up.

"Doesn't he forget about me?" I titled my head while narrow my eyes. Zelo just keep silent for a while as he quietly thinks the best words to explain to me.

 

Look at him tries hard to think about something, I chuckle and keep the piece of paper in my pocket. He looks at my reaction and become panic as he thought I'm going to be sad whenever Jongup's name being mentioned.

 

"It's okay, Zelo. I'm not sad anymore and I will go to the hospital tomorrow to meet with Jongup." His face brighten up when my face replace with a smile instead of tears.

"Promise?" Zelo let out his pinky finger in front of me.

"Promise." I intertwined with his finger and smile at him. Somehow, I manage to calm down myself and think positively.

"Don't be sad anymore, noona. I believe sooner or later, Jongup hyung will remember you." Zelo comfort me with his words and I nod to myself. Yeah, he will remember me. One day.

 

 

-

 

 

The next day, as promise, I prepare myself to meet Jongup. I wake up extra early and take a quick bath so I won't be late. Fortunately, today is holiday and I can visit Jongup since he'll discharge from the hospital. I pick out a simple pink dress and match it with a white ribbon that being tie on my hair into a ponytail.

As I done with myself, I go downstairs just to meet my parent on the dining room who's taking their breakfast before they off to their work.

 

"Oh, Haewon, come and join us." Dad said when he realized that I'm standing at the kitchen. He put the newspaper on the table and gestures me to sit at my usual place.

 

I let out a slow hum and walk toward my seat. Then, mum set down a plate in front of me that filled with some bread and egg on it. I thanked her before I eat my breakfast. We have a good chatter about school, work and random stuff.

 

"Omma.." Suddenly, I remember about Jongup and attempt to ask mum, what will she does if someone special forget about her.

"Yes?" Mum looks at me curiously and sign me to continue my words.

"Umm..Nothing." I simply smile at her as I don't have any brave to ask her those question. What if the answer aren't supposed to be hear.

 

Mum stares at me weirdly since I didn't continue my words but she just shrug off and talk with dad. Slowly, I sigh alone and finish up my meal.

Then, my phone suddenly ring while I'm eating comfortably. I pick out my phone to look at the screen and choked on my food when Zelo's name appear on it.

The sound of a loud cough startled the two, trying to figure out what was wrong with me. At the speed of light, dad hand me a glass of water and I quickly swallow it.

 

"What's wrong?" Mum asks me as she seems a bit panic when she looks at my terrible condition. I shook my head while waving my hand in front of them, trying to ensure that I'm okay. Just a bit clumsy.

 

They give me an are-you-sure look and I nod like the wind and grin like a fool. After make sure that everything's okay, my parent continue with their breakfast.

Crap! I forget that Jongup will discharge from hospital today. I tap the message icon to open Zelo's message and scan it as quick as I could.

 

Noona, where are you? Jongup hyung will be discharge in several minutes.

 

I look at my wrist watch to check the time and I already late half an hour. With all my heart, I chew the bread like blazes and swallow the milk to prevent me from choked again. Luckily, mum and dad didn't notice since they're really into the conversation.

After a few minutes, my plate and cup already empty and I put all of them in the sink right away. At warp speed, I bid a goodbye to my parent and rush outside the house to put on the sneaker. With that, I run as fast as I can and stop a taxi that I saw near the shop.

I enter the taxi and tell the driver about my destination. I hope I will arrive there just in time Jongup will be release. It's okay if he's still disremember me, the most important right now, I need to check that he's really fine.

 

"We've already here, miss." The driver speak out and turn to see me while show his friendly smile.

"Oh, okay. Thank you sir." I wake up from my short daydreaming and get out from the taxi after paid the driver.

 

As I close the car door, I quickly run toward the hospital and step into there. They are so many people here. Maybe they are visiting their sick family member or acquaintance.

 

"Ah, there's no much time left." I speed to Jongup's room and slowly, I slide open the door.

 

The sight in Jongup's room make me wonder a bit. I step into his room and approach his bed. The pillow are set neatly on the bed and the sheet being tucked perfectly on it. I look around the room but still found nothing.

 

"Where's everyone?" I ask myself as I open the bathroom to find nothing too. Should I call Zelo and ask their whereabouts.

 

I take out my phone and swipe the screen to unlock it. As I about to dial Zelo's number, someone open the door and I put back my phone into my pocket. It must be them. I rush to the door and meet with a nurse. She looks at me weirdly as if I'm a robber but I don't blame her either. Of course they will assume me as robber since I'm in the patient room and there's no patient here.

Before the misunderstanding get worse, I quickly explain to the nurse about my intention.

 

"Can I ask, where's the patient in this room?" I point to the floor. She form an 'O' mouth as she remember something.

"The patient already went home with his family." She said while scan the board that she brought with her.

"Oh, really? When?" There's a clear disappointment in my shaky voice.

"Just now. His brothers and his girlfriend are here just a few minutes ago." The nurse check again the board to make sure that what time Jongup left.

"Oh, his girlfriend?" I laugh bitterly and thanked her before I exit the hospital.

 

I'm pretty sure the girlfriend that the nurse mentioned just now is Haeri. Who's else will be? I jog around the hospital area and hope that I will found their trace but it's seems like I'm late. Sighing, I walk to the nearby bench and rest there for a while.

 

"Should I visit Jongup at his house?" I talk to myself and ask my own opinion. Should I?

 

Finally, after have a small war with myself, I dial Zelo's number to ask about Jongup. I wait for him to pick up the call and after feel like forever, he answer the phone.

We talk for a while and he apologized at me because they leave the hospital without informing me. I don't mind though since it's not Zelo's fault and I decide to ask about Jongup.

 

"Um..Jongup hyung...he..went out..with Haeri noona." Zelo stutter on the other line as he feel guilt towards me.

"Ahh, really? It's okay though. He's fine, right?" And I have had my heart broken nearly as often as I have been the heartbreaker.

"Yes, he's okay. Don't worry too much, noona. If hyung come home soon, I'll tell him about your call." Zelo said and I just nod even though he can't see me.

"Ohh, okay. Talk to you later, Zelo." My voice sink into a whisper and we bid a goodbye before I hung up the phone.

 

So, where should I go next? Jongup wasn't at home and I don't know where should I go. So, I decide to stroll around before I go home. I walk around this area and suddenly my stomach make a loud noise. Am I still hungry?

I put my hand on my stomach and yes, I'm a bit hungry. Maybe for running and rushing all day.

 

"It's okay, I can grab something if I found a food store nearby." Once again, I talk to myself since this the only way to soothing and convince my heart.

 

As I walk around, I see something that make my smile wider and I think I hit a jackpot. There's a food store at the end of the road and it seems like that place is popular because of people come in and out from the store. Be the hungry me, I walk straight away to my destination and enter the shop.

Like I guess, there are so many people here. I'm sure this place must prepared a lot of delicious foods. Thinking about foods make me walk quickly to the vacant place and sit there.

Usually, people rarely come alone here. They will have a company. But here am I, alone. I take the menu on the table and scan it.

The menu totally engrossed me until I don't realized that a girl approach me. She knock my table to gain my attention and now, my eyes are on her. I'm a bit surprise to see her as my eyes widen that before.

 

"Haeri unnie? What are you doing here?" I ask her as she just smile at me. I thought she hated me because of what happen to Jongup.

"Can I join you?" She ignores my question and shot me her question. I just nod, agree to have her as my companion but I forget something.

"Here, Jongup! I already found our table." She scream while waving her hand as sign for Jongup to know her location.

 

Oh.My.God. What should I do now?