True love?

Metallic memories

True love?


 

He stares at me for a while before I break the silent around us deliberately.

 

''Why are you here? I thought you're at Haeri unnie's house.'' I rub my eyes to ensure that the person who's standing in front of me right now is Jongup.

''Something in your eyes?'' He doesn't answer my question instead he walks near me to look into my eyes.

 

I quickly take a few step back and wave my hand in front of him. I don't know why I react like that but it's feel so wrong to betray my cousin's feeling.

 

''I'm fine, thank you.'' I whisper softly while try to avoid his gaze.

 

He just stay immobile after see my reaction and mumbles something very quick that I can't even heard it. Somehow his act make me scared. Is he being possessed?

The night become dark and I raise my head up to the sky, seeing a pale full moon visible behind a patch of clouds. Then, I feel warm around my body so I quickly look in front of me. There's Jongup who's hugging me tightly as I'm going to disappear anytime.

I just let him hugs me since my brain don't know what should I do next. Should I pull him and run away or should I hug him back and tell him that everything is okay.

I really don't know what I should do exactly. I feel like battle against myself and unknowingly, it's hurt..so much.

 

''Are you okay?'' I slowly hug him back and gently pat his back. Is this right?

 

He doesn't said anything but tighten the hug and I can feel his warm breathe against my neck. We stay with that condition for a moment and then he release his embrace from me.

I search for his eyes but it seems like he's avoiding me. Suddenly, the dog bark out loud and I almost scream in terror but Jongup immediately cover my mouth with his palm.

 

''Don't scare. I'm right here.'' His voice make me feel secure.

 

I hold his hand and remove from my mouth as I want to ask something at him.

 

''Why are you here? Shouldn't you be at Haeri unnie's house?'' I ask timidly, not ready for his answer.

''I don't feel like stay at her house and I also don't know why.'' He gives me a dismissive shrug.

''I thought you want to spend more time with unnie.'' I bluntly said and I really regret my words.

''But..I want to spend more time with you.'' He said and whisper at the last words.

 

I wonder what he's saying and I really don't have any idea about it so I asked him again.

 

''What are you saying?'' I title my head a bit.

''Nothing, forget about it.'' He coldly reply and my lips draw a thin smile.

 

This Moon Jongup I know is really hard to predict. He just does whatever he wants and the effect make me up and down. How can I don't fall for him? But his love already show up and I can't do anything about it.

What's with my feeling right now? Should I feel sad or happy right now?

 

''It's already late right now, you need to go home.'' Jongup's voice make me snap out from my long thought.

''Ah, okay. I'm going now, take care.'' I bow a bit at him and take a quick step to pass him.

''No, I will walk you home. Who's know something will happen.'' He said as he holds my arm to stop me from walk.

''You know, you don't need to. I'll be fine.'' I try to reassure him but he doesn't buy it at all.

 

At last, I just let him walks me home since I really can't win with his guy. We walk side by side as the air fill with silent. I only can hear a sound of crickets chirping and a few cars pass by.

 

''Don't you feel regret for not being able to spend more time with Haeri unnie?'' I try to start the conversation.

''Haewon.'' He stops and looks straight into my eyes.

 

I stop in my track while avoid his fire gaze. I think I make a mistake for mention about Haeri unnie.

 

''Can we don't talk about her just for tonight?'' His request make me feel quite shock.

 

Why? Don't you love Haeri unnie?

 

Those questions only exist in my mind.

 

''Okay..I'm sorry.'' I look at my shoes, scare that he might scold me.

 

But he doesn't said anything as he take my hand in his and continue our walk. I feel guilty to make he's angry just now.

I better keep my mouth shut before I ruin this quiet yet peace moment with him.

After several minutes, we arrive at my house. It's look very quiet and all the light was switch off. I guess mum and dad already in a deep sleep.

I turn myself to Jongup's side and smile at him.

 

''Thanks for walk me home. Do you want to stay for a night since it's already late.'' I look at the sky that become pitch dark and stare at Jongup.

''No.'' He simply replied as he follows my gaze to the sky.

 

Then, he nods at me, try to tell me that he's going home now. I smile and bid a goodbye to him before his silhouette become one with the black road.

I enter my house and tip toe straight to my room, in case that my step will wake mum and dad. As I done change to my pajamas, I lay myself on the bed and re-think about what Jongup said earlier.

 

But I want to spend more time with you

 

Maybe Jongup thinks I didn't hear it but I actually heard it clearly. I chcukle lightly as I recall back our short moment just now.

 

''Yah, Moon Jongup! Stop making me fall for you.'' I grab my moon pillow and pat at the corner of the head.

 

I wake up from my bed and walk to the window while slide the curtain to reveal a big moon hang on the sky.

 

''Take care.'' I whisper as if I talk with Jongup.

 

I love you.

 

 

 

The class become calm as all the student pretend to study on their own seat when the fierce teacher enter our class. I give a hefty shove and Taehyung nearly fell from his seat.

 

''Yah, why do you push me with those big arm?'' He whisper at me while correct his position.

''Mr Joo already enter. You should thanks me for wake you up or else you might be stand at the field with bright sun accompany you.'' I simply said and take out my notebook.

''You can tell him that I'm sick.'' He pouts and take out his notebook as well.

 

I just give him a are-you-kidding-me look. I don't want to create the problems plus Mr Joo is freaking firm. He will gives me a hard times when he knows I'm lying at him.

 

''Hyung, I heard Haeri noona already return. You must be happy, right?'' I heard Zelo's voice in front of me as he's talking to Jongup.

''Yes.'' Jongup simple reply make me smile a little.

 

After thinking for a long time yesterday, I think I need to be an understanding person. If Jongup happy, I'll be happy too. That's a true love. It's okay for me to sacrifice my feeling, he already going through hard day alone and now, his happiness are finally come.