Necklace

Metallic memories

Necklace


 

Waiting alone at the hospital make me feel even more sad. The doctor and nurse commute from ICU where Jongup had been place to another room to take some necessary supplies. I bit my finger as my heart keep thump loudly as if someone hit it with a blunt implement. Yeah, it's hurt.

I sit on the chair that been provided for a guest along the corridor and keep on shifting on my own seat. I rub my hand together while try to keep myself calm. My eyes only set on 1 busy place, Jongup's room. I was extremely anxious every time the nurse step out and in into Jongup's room.

 

"Did something bad happen?" I ask myself as I get easily frightened whenever a loud noise can be heard from Jongup's room. Even just think about something bad will happen to Jongup, I get butterflies in my stomach.

 

A picture of today incident play on my mind when Jongup asked me to stay still on my spot while he crouch down on the road to pick up a box. The tragic scene that make me broke down still vivid in my mind as I try to hold myself from burst out crying.

It's so unfair for Jongup as he needs to spends his time in the hospital, unconscious, while s already prepare everything for us in the abandon park.

I let out a box that so important for Jongup and place it on my both palm. The box is so cute with a small size and a light pink ribbon being tied on top of it.

There's some blood on it and I take out a handkerchief to wipe the blood away. I carefully clean the box with all my heart so the neat ribbon wouldn't come out. The blood remind me of Jongup and a tears finally escape from my eyes.

As I scan the box, my curiousity take over me. What is it? Is it something special for Jongup? I keep the box in my grip as I don't want to open it. Jongup will be angry with me if he knows that I open his thing without his permission. Yeah, his cold stare while smirk plastered on his face. A tiny smile spread on my face as I recall his facial expression when he's pissed off.

The corridor become silent as there's no more doctors or nurse who commute around the room. I keep stare at Jongup's room until someone touch my shoulder. I slowly turn to whoever touch me and I see Zelo with 4 unfamiliar boys. Who are they?

 

"Noona, where's Jongup hyung?" Zelo's voice is full of spooked as he takes a sit beside me while scan whole my face. The others keep looking at me as if they need an answer from me about Jongup.

"He's in that room but I don't see him yet because the guest aren't allowed to enter the room." I said as I only focus on Zelo. The stare from other boys make me feel a bit uncomfortable and I feel like they are blaming me.

 

I turn my gaze at the room back as all of them sit beside Zelo while mutter something inaudible. Are they talking about me? The atmosphere become more tense than before with 5 boys beside me. I heard Zelo said something to them and I kinda heard their conversation. To my own conclusion, they must be Jongup's hyung. The way they look at me when Zelo asked about Jongup is full of concern.

 

"Noona, what's actually happen?" Zelo said as he raised down his head to the floor. Maybe he didn't brave enough to hear the answer but he still gather up his courage to know about his hyung.

 

Sighing, I told him about the incident from the start till the end. Actually, I don't want to remember all the pain incident that happen just now but theydeserve the right so I inhale slowly before tell them the story. After hear about the incident, Zelo frowns his face as he tries to hold the tears that threatened to fall down from his eyes. The atmosphere between us become more gloomy after the story had been told.

It's just silent to comfort us until I see a family, cry their heart out when the doctor from ICU room step out and told something to them. The mother faints while the daughter fall down on the floor, sobs quietly. The scene put me in a cold sweat and my heart become restless.

Finally, after been fill by tense silent, the doctor with a few nurse step out from Jongup's room and search for his guardian. All of us dash towards the doctor and the guy with deep voice asks the doctor about Jongup's condition.

 

"What is the relationship between you and the patient?" The doctor asks as he folds the paper on his grip and pass it to the nurse beside him.

"I'm Yongguk, the patient's guardian." Yongguk answers calmly as he doesn't want to rush the thing. It's better to be calm down right now to hear the doctor's explanation.

 

The doctor looks at all of us before said something to Yongguk. He's a bit hesitate to explain Jongup's condition since he knows that some of us aren't ready yet to hear the result.

 

"Let's talk to my room, Yongguk-sshi. And all of you can visit the patient but make sure to not make a loud voice." The doctor said and Yongguk to his room. Yongguk nods to all of us, to convince that everything's going to be okay before he follows the doctor.

 

We enter the room quietly and I gasp when I saw Jongup with several wire on his body. Is it that bad until they use too many wires on his body? My heart is in my mouth when I see an unconscious Jongup on the bed, breathe heavily with the help of some machines. Suddenly, the tears that being hold all of this time roll down on my cheek and I just stay still on my spot without go even near to Jongup's bed. Tears started spilling from my eyes rapidly.

A sob tore from my chest, and I buried my face in my hands. My shoulder raised and fall due to hold the tears from spill even more. I don't want to believe the scene in front of me but it's a reality that I need to face.Out of the blue, a hand reached up to wipe my tears and I began to sob louder. I can't hold it anymore, I can't pretend that I'm strong anymore. Not when Jongup's isn't beside me.

I raised my head up to look at the unfamiliar guy in front of me, wiping my tears. He looks older than Jongup and Zelo. He hugs me and caress my hair gently while whisper some comfort words to me. Whoever is it, I feel very grateful since he doesn't blame me for what happen to Jongup.

I felt his hands make circles on my back as I gripped his shirt and crying louder.

 

"It's okay, everything is going to be okay. We just need to wait for Yongguk to know Jongup's condition." He looks at me as he release me from his embrace.

"I'm Jongup's hyung, Kim Himchan." He pat my head slowly, try to cheer me up. I just nod slowly as I wipe my tears with my arm. I don't know that I can be a crybaby.

 

The door being push as someone enter the room. Yongguk get into the room with someone behind him. The girl looks familiar to me when she walks pass Yongguk to look at Jongup's condition.

 

"Haeri unnie?" I whisper slowly when she glares straight into my eyes. Her face looks sorrow yet annoyed as she push my shoulder hardly.

"I believe it's all your fault." She cries out loud in front of my face as she burst into tears. No words can be explain right now since my mind can't work on it's own.

"You are a killer." One word from Haeri make me feel so useless. This is all my fault.

 

With that, she stroll to Jongup's bed and cries her heart out. I decide to exit the room first since I can't face anyone right now. I walk lifelessly toward the room door and push the door open. At this time, I don't think I can stand up straight by my own.

I take a lift and press the G button and wait alone in the lift. I think I need some fresh air to calm my mind so I decide to sit at the bench near the hospital. Slowly, I stroll to the empty bench and take a sit on it. The wind blow on my brown hair and for a while, I think my mind free from all the problems.

The warm sun light that hit my face make me feel alive but somehow I felt a little melancholy. It would be nice if Jongup can feel the same feeling as me. To look at the nice weather today, it's really suitable to celebrate his birthday but unexpected thing happen.

I take out the box from my pocket and caress it gently.

 

"I'm sorry, Jongup." I said weakly while scan the box up and down.

 

Then, something caught my attention as I turn down the box. There's my name on it with a love symbol.

 

Cha Haewon

 

"What is it? Why are my name on it?" I play with the box while think about something. Should I open it?

 

With a heavy heart, I pull the ribbon slowly, unsure with my action. As the ribbon drop on my lap, I carefully open the small box with pounding heart. I don't know why but my heart can't stop beat wildly in my chest. I frown when I saw something sparkle in it. I open the lid of the box and a shiny necklace that being place on the box reveal into my sight. The necklace is so delightful with a 'J' alphabat as a locket.

There's a letter that being folded on the necklace and I read it out loud.

 

 

Always remember me.

 

 

I choke as I read the letter and I realized that there's another letter under the necklace and I hesitately take out the letter. I read the letter and unknowingly, my vision become blur as tears drop on the letter.

 

 

Sorry, I'm late to realize all of it. I love you. 

-Jongup-

 

 

 


 

 

 

*cute cute. ^^