Spoiler

Metallic memories

Spoiler


 

Haeri POV

I decide to go to Jongup's class since all my friends already enter their own class. After all, there's still much time left before the bell ring.

 

''Did Jongup already eat? Should I buy him something to repay back because I left him alone just now?'' I stop for a while at the corridor while think hardly.

 

Even this is not a serious matter but it such a nerve wracking to decide something that make Jongup happy. I look at the student who walk pass me with their friends while joke happily. Somehow I feel a bit jealous at them and I don't know why.

I also have friends here but why it doesn't feel like that. I just stare at them with longing look. I miss to have a conversation like that with my true friends. Maybe this is not my place.

 

''Jongup..'' That name escape from my lips and I automatically smile. My heart feel at ease when I think about Jongup. Perhaps it's worth it.

 

I nod to myself while grasp my fist. I can go through this painful life if I'm with Jongup. Without wasting any time, I skip happily to Jongup's class.

believe the hand of destiny is on my side. After a long time being separated with Jongup, finally the destiny brought us together.

It's kinda like fairytales. How far they was being part away but in the end, they always met back.

Even though the fairytales are superstitious, I'd still believe in them. Memories of years ago I share with Jongup were still vivid.

As I arrive at Jongup's class, I notice that Jongup sit in his place but he's facing at Haewon's direction. My leg suddenly stop by itself as if I step on a permanent glue.

I watch them silently and it's look like they didn't realized my presence yet. They are sharing foods while joke around happily.

 

''Haewon, what are you thinking you're doing?'' I speak out loud when I see Haewon feeds Jongup. My eyes widen at the sight and I think I can't hold on myself.

''Huh?'' She looks puzzled as she and Jongup set their eyes on me.

 

Stop pretend innocent. I'm sick of it.

 

''Yah, Moon Jongup-'' I pause when my mind told me that this isn't Jongup's fault.

''Yah, Haewon. Jongup has his own hands to eat. Why do you bother to feed him?'' I shout while shut my eyes. Is this jealous?

''Haeri unnie--'' Her words being cut off by me.

''Don't ever call my name. I don't want to hear it from your mouth.'' I slowly open my eyes and shot a glare at them.

 

It's hurt when your hope crash into a pieces. My tears threaten to fall down and I don't have any intention to hold it.

 

''Noona, let me explain it to you.'' Jongup's voice make me softened a bit.

''Yeah, we can explain it.'' Haewon add as well.

 

After hearing Haewon's voice, my knuckles almost turn white as I grip the side of my uniform.

 

''This is my fault. It's has nothing to do with Haewon. After you went with your friends, I decide to go to my class and end up sit with Haewon since she's alone.'' Jongup looks serious when he explains their situation to me.

 

Why did you backing her like you're her shield?

 

But, all of them are wasted. I block both of my ear with my palm and the tears streaming down my face. I keep my face down so they can't see it.

I can see there's a drop of my tears on my shoes. Then, I feel a gently grab on my arm. Without look at who's is it, I quickly dodge the grip on my arm.

 

''Don't ever touch me. I hate you.'' I hiss as I raised my head up to Haewon.

 

I rush outside the class and run straight to my class. I'm all alone in my sorrow.

End of POV

 

After Haeri runs away, I look at Jongup and I can tell that he's worried about Haeri.

 

''Don't you want to run after her?'' I slowly ask as his eyes never left the front door.

 

He doesn't said anything instead he sits back on his seat. The serene atmosphere we'd shared before already vanish and being replace by a completely silent. I can hear both of us breathe.

Then, Jongup said something after being quiet for a while.

 

''Maybe noona need some time to calm down.'' He looks at me and asks me to sit on my place since I just stand at Haeri's spot before.

''But, will unnie be okay? She really hate me now.'' I whisper as I sit on my place back.

''It's okay. Everything will be okay. I will talk to her later.'' Jongup said as he place his hand on my table to support his chin.

 

Despite the fact that everything will turn bad, I want to believe at Jongup's words. As if he's cast a spell on me.

 

The bell finally ring and one by one student fill the class. Jongup smile at me before turn back to his own place.

I sigh when the class no longer in calm situation. It's normal though since all the student are here.

Then, I can feel a presence behind me so I turn to my back. Taehyung put on a scary face as he tries to make me shock. His effort being pay back as I yelp in a terror.

 

''Yah, you almost kill me with those face.'' I point at his face and hit him hardly.

 

His lower lip protruded in a sulky pout while he rubs the pain that I hit just now. I feel a bit guilty when he keep does that face.

 

''I'm sorry, but it's not totally my fault.'' I rub his arm too to ease the pain.

''I accept your apologize.'' He grins in triumph.

''Yahh..'' I laugh when he pretend to be like a king.

 

The last bell ring and in a blink, all of the student are gone. I look in disbelief as my classmate really improve their skill to disappear including Taehyung.

 

''I will send you home and talk to Haeri noona.'' Jongup sudden voice make me looks at him.

''Okay. I need to said something to unnie too.'' I said and we walk together to the hall.

 

This should be my best moment with Jongup since we walk side by side but in this complicated condition, I can't enjoy myself.

 

''I'm sorry. I shouldn't feed you at the first place.'' I don't know why I'm apologize but I feel all the blame on me.

''No, it's not your fault at all. Actually, I'm happy when you're feeding me.'' His answer make me smile for nothing.

 

Really?

 

I give him a perplexed look but shrug off when I think I misheard. We walk to Haeri's house without said anything much.

Sometimes, I will take a quick glance to Jongup and he looks more placid but can still be unpredictable and difficult.

We reach Haeri's house but I feel like unwelcome stranger. Jongup step forward to press the bell at the front door.

We wait for a while until Mrs Yoon open the door. She send us a motherly smile as usual.

 

''Yea?'' She looks at us.

''Is Haeri noona home?'' Jongup carefully asks.

''Yes, you can found her in our backyard.'' Mrs Yoon points to the back of her house. We thanked her before we go to the backyard.

 

There's Haeri still in her uniform, sit on the bench while stare blankly to the sky. She looks so blue.

 

''Noona..'' Jongup approach her and I just stand at the corner. I am somewhat guilty yet angry to myself. Is it my fault?

''Oh, Jonguppie. Why are you here?'' Haeri said in her soft voice.

 

Maybe she already forget the incident before or she's okay since she didn't see me. Jongup talks with her but I can't clearly hear because of our distance.

I stand in the hot so my silhouette being show on the ground.

 

''So, you're not alone?'' I hear Haeri's voice asks Jongup in unamused tone.

 

Haeri walks towards me and I just stand still. She muttered something inaudible, and fixed her eyes on the ground before she leave me dumbfounded there.

 

She really hate me now. Even my silhouette. 

 

Jongup come near me and pat my back gently. He give me an understanding looking and tried to reassure me. I just smile at him and we decide to go back home.

 

''Don't be sad. It's not your fault.'' Jongup said before we separated at the conjunction.