Jealously

Metallic memories

Jealously


 


Jongup POV

As soon as Haewon and V disappear from our sight, Haeri noona quickly grab my hand and make me sit beside her at the bench. I'm quite shock by her sudden action but I just let it go.

I just let her lead me or start a new conversation because when I'm with her, everything is perfect. Everything seems so new and it somehow make my heart nervous at the sweet presence of her.

 

''Tell me, how can you know Haewon?'' Haeri's voice change into the stern one.

''We're going to the same school and I'm happen to be in the same class with her. Why noona?'' I explain the whole things to her but she end up pout by herself.

''I'm jealous.'' She stares at me while pout cutely.

''For what?'' Be the clueless I am, I still ask those question at her.

''Yahh..Of course I'm jealous when you're with any girls. You're my one and only, jongupie.'' I stare blankly after hearing Haeri's last words.

 

Why I feel so uncomfortable when she said I'm her one and only. Shouldn't I be happy at those lovely words? But why my heart didn't beat fast like usually. Perhaps I forget about my feeling at her since we've never met after that day.

Focus Jongup, you don't want noona to be sad, right? Anyway, I'd love her.

 

''Okay, I'm sorry noona. I will not doing anything that you don't like.'' I smile at her and remove my uneasy feeling.

 

Then she held out her pinky finger and intertwine with mine. 

 

''You already promise.'' She grins and rest her head on my shoulder.

 

I just nod and we enjoy the chilly wind that hit our faces. The situation become silence as Haeri fell asleep right away while hugs my arm.

I caress her hair with my free hand and whisper softly to myself.

 

''I'm not sure if this is my heart want.'' I sigh and place back my hand beside me.

 

What is Haewon doing right now? Did she's going out with V? Ahh, what am I thinking right now. It's not suppose to be like that.

As I'm about to shut my eyes, I see a familiar girl walks alone across the road.

 

''Is that Haewon?'' I thought to myself.

 

She still wear the school uniform and walk lifelessly with her bag on her shoulder.

 

''Haewon!!!'' Unknowingly, her name escape from my mouth and my hand automatically wave at her to show my location.

 

She raised her head and search for the voice. She keep looking left and right until she spot me sitting on the bench with Haeri. After she see Haeri, she hesitates whether to come or not but she still approach us.

 

''Why?'' Haewon looks at me when she arrived at us.

 

Think Jongup, think! Why did you call her at first place? My thought been distract as she waves her hand in front of my face.

 

''Uh, you know where's Haeri noona's house, right?'' I try not to stutter.

''Yes, why?'' She asks me with her confused face.

''Um..noona fell asleep and I think I need to bring her home. Can you show me the way to her house?'' I keep my blank face.

''Oh, is that so. Follow me.'' She walk away first.

 

I gently lift her up bridal style and catch up with Haewon's step.

 

''Yah, wait for me.'' I fastened my pace.


End of POV

 

Jongup calls me solely to know where's Haeri's house. I guess he really love unnie and there will no space for person like me to enter into his world.

Deep in me, I have heartache , pain, and anger swirling together in a destructive mass when I see Jongup lift Haewon unnie. I know I can't act like this but it's way too hurt.

I quicken my pace as I couldn't see the sweet sight at my back.

 

''Yah, slow down.'' Jongup's word echo in my ear and I feel like running. Running away from all this problems.

 

But be the dumb me, I slow down for him to catch up. I didn't dare to make him running while Haeri unnie in his embrace. He must feel tired, right?

 

''Need any help?'' I really can't stay angry at them.

''No, but you can walk beside me. Don't go too fast.'' He simply said.

''Neh.'' I weakly said.

''Where are you headed to just now?'' He looks at me.

''I just stroll around while try to calm myself.'' My eyes widen when I realized what I'm talking about.

''Calm down for what?'' He seems curious.

''Uh..uh..for school. You know, I've got a detention class but I ran away.'' Fortunately, my brain can work together with me.

''Oh, I see.'' He simply reply and put that blank face back.

 

I don't mind since I'm used to this behavior of him. It somehow remind me of the Jongup that I know before Haeri unnie come. The cold Jongup that always ignore me and doesn't talk that much with me.

After feel like forever, we arrived at Haeri's house. I knock the door since I didn't hold anything.

 

''Hello? Mrs Yoon?'' I call out for Haeri's mum.

''Oh, Haewon and...'' Mrs Yoon stop when she looks at Jongup.

''Jongup, my friends.'' I quickly introduce him.

''Nice to meet you, Haewon's friend.'' Mrs Yoon smile motherly at us.

''We are here to send Haeri unnie since she fell asleep at the park just now.'' I explain before Mrs Yoon misunderstanding about Jongup and Haeri.

''Oh, come in. You can put her in the couch.'' Mrs Yoon step aside to let us enter her house.

 

Jongup slowly put Haeri on the couch and correct her position. I bitterly smile at them then, Mrs Yoon's voice make me look at her.

 

''Thanks for send my daughter, Jongup and Haewon.'' Mrs Yoon smile while caress Haeri's hair.

''No problem.'' I reply back her smile and bow a bit.

''You should stay so we can have dinner together. Haeri will love to eat with both of you.'' Mrs Yoon clap her hand together.

''I want but I can't. I'm sorry.'' I can't stand to see Jongup with Haeri.

''Oh, why Haewon? You can call your mum first.'' Mrs Yoon tries to persuade me.

''It's not like that. I've got many homeworks to do and I need to do revision. I'm sorry. Maybe next time.'' I bow 90 degree and ready to leave.

''How about you Jongup?'' Mrs Yoon asks but I already leave the house, not wanting to hear Jongup's answer. It will be 'yes'.

 

I walk alone to my house and enjoy the night scenery. It's so cold but I'm been comforted with the stars that shining out bright in the dark sky. Now I was trembling not only from the cold, but also from the pain and heartache that no one could repair.

Within a minute, I see a slow red shooting star cross the summer night sky.

 

''I guess I should make a wish.'' I quickly close my eyes while clasp my palm together.

 

'I hope Jongup will notice my presence.'

 

Done. I open my eyes and startled by the person in front of me.

 

''Jongup?''