Act? I don't think it is

Metallic memories

Act? I don't think it is


 

The morning sun beats through the windows on my face as I pull open the curtain. The sound of merry birds chirping while fly freely in the sky pleasantly full-awake me. I smile as I lean my head on the window frame while enjoy the great weather today. Today is not like any other day. Today is special.

 

"What should I buy?" I talk to myself while fold my arm on my chest. I need to think properly if I don't want to ruin this very day. Should I buy something expensive or something luxury? Or something unexpected?

 

Many thought appear on my mind at one time and make me more confuse. I ruffle my hair into a mess and stare outside the window. The people who's wearing a uniform while walk pass by caught my attention. I rub my eyes twice and check the time on my wristwatch.

Crap! It's already 7.30AM and I'm still here, in my house, at my room to be exact. I'm busy with fantasize and let my mind wander around. I quickly run to my study table and in a blink of time, I keep all the books in my bag.

Throwing the bag on my shoulder, I step out from my room but enter back to check my appearance for the last time. I look such a huge mess with my hair got tangle to each others. I grab my comb and tie my hair in a rush. Even in the short time I tie my hair, it's look pretty better than before.

I rush to the living room and yell a goodbye to my parent. I don't have much time to go to the kitchen and bid a proper goodbye. After done put on my sneaker, I run along the way to school. 

 

"I'll think it later about this morning idea." I nod to myself and cross the road safely.

 

Finally, after feel like eternity, I reach the school and good thing is the gate was still open. I enter the school hall while pant hardly. It's suffocating to run in a rush to the school without take a quick stop. But, it's kinda worth it since I arrive just in time.

 

"Late again?" Taehyung pokes my arm while corrected his position on his seat.

"Almost." I simply reply and rest my head on the table, try to compose myself back. Then, something pop out on my mind. Why don't I just ask Taehyung?

 

Or not? I will think by myself because it's double special.

 

I raise my head up when I heard someone stretch the chair. There's Jongup with his back facing me, talking with Zelo. I keep looking at him until I don't notice that he's staring back at me. He raised his eyebrow in a confuse way since I didn't bother at all even he waves his hand in front of me.

 

"Hey, did you sleep while open your eyes?" Jongup snaps his finger right in front of me while Zelo chuckles.

"Oh, I'm not." I form my mouth into an O shape as shook my head quickly. This is really mortifying.

 

He nods as he turns back to the front. I cover my face with both of my palm while mutter something in audible. Jongup takes a quick glance on me before totally focus at the front. I just stay immobile when my eyes met him.

Unknowingly, I smile to myself but regain my consciousness back when the teacher enter the class.

 

-

 

The last class finally end when the bell ring loudly and all the student leave the class. I quickly keep my things in my bag and ready to leave when someone stop me.

 

"Are you free after this?" Jongup asks as he grabs my wrist to stop me from leave the class. I stop for a while and think how to answer his question. I can't say that I'm busy but in the same time I'm a bit busy. Just a bit.

"Why?" I decide not to answer his question instead ask him a question. He narrows his eyes towards me before said something.

"Answer me first before you want to ask another question." His cold stare make me think even more.

 

Actually, today is my birthday and it's a first time I'm going to celebrate with the people I like. I'm thinking of throw a party. What should I do? Plus, if I said that I'm busy today, maybe he'll not celebrate my birthday again and it's going to be my first and last.

Confuse isn't it? Me too.

 

"Uh-" I bit my lips as I'm not deciding yet. This is hard.

"Free or not?" He repeat back his question and looks straight into my eyes. His grip on my wrist tightened when I try to pull my hand away.

"I'm free but I'm a bit busy. Is that acceptable?" What a weird answer I let out from my mouth. He looks at me with his illegible face but free my wrist anyway.

"Let's go somewhere today." He beams as he stands from his seat, keeping all his books in his bag.

 

Before I could said any words, he drags me to the locker section to keep his remaining books there. I try to keep our pace simultaneous because he walks so fast.

 

"Tell me if you can't follow my pace." His voice suddenly echoed through the empty hall. A smile appear on my face due to his words. He does care for me.

"It's okay, I can catch up." I chirp happily and quickened my slowly pace.

"You know-" As Jongup want to said something, I trip on my own leg and fall with a loud bump. My wrist slip off from his grip and I quickly cover my face from a huge humiliating create by my own.

 

A light chuckles can be heard from Jongup but he chooses to help me stand from laughing. I feel like screaming right now. Why did I act silly in front of him? It's a common lovesick? I push my arm together to wake up by myself but a hand stretch out in front of me.

I slowly raised my head up to look at Jongup with his worried eyes. I take his hand anyway, and stand up properly. He shook his head as he looks at me stand still in my spot. I bit my lips while brush off the dust on my uniform. Suddenly, Jongup helps me corrected my skirt while his eyes look at other place.

 

"Done, your skirt lifting up a bit just now." He said while looks at the wall beside us. His ear slowly turn light red as he fake an awkward cough. My heart beat loudly until I feel like Jongup can hear it.

"Let's go before we late." He looks everywhere except my eyes and quickly take my hand in his. For a second time, I feel like screaming out loud. How many times do I need to humiliate myself in front of Jongup today.

 

But look at him in this kind of state make me think that he's super cute. I know it's already 100th times I mention a cute word to him but it's not my fault tho. He's really cute and I can't help myself from thinking that way.

We walk side by side and exit the school area together. I think the best present for him is spend my whole time with him today. Nice, right? I smile as I let him drag me to wherever he wants. I feel secure with him so I don't really care about our destination. It's okay for me as long as he's happy.

 

"Where are we going?" I ask as I slightly pull his hand, try to get his attention. He glances toward my direction and I saw him wink quickly before turning back to the front. Did he just wink? At me?

 

He is really cheesy that I melted. He's hard to predict and even he push and pull me yet I still want to be with him. Weird, right? I don't know why I'm act like this. Maybe he's special for me. I wonder what I meant for him? Did I take a same place as him in his heart? If not, it's still okay.

The true might hurt but the lies hurt more. It's a sacrifice to be happy and I'm ready to be the part of its. Maybe it's not that bad because I do believe in happiness or whatsoever.

Before I know, we already arrive at the abandon park. It's look empty since there's only two of us here but there's some colorful balloons that being tied on some trees and a table with two chairs facing each other. It's beautiful since we can enjoy the scenery by sitting there.

Even it's filled with silent but I feel comfortable as if this is not an abandon park.

 

"Did you prepare all of this?" I turn to Jongup who's scanning the place with satisfied in his eyes. He looks at me with smile plastered on his face.

"My members did it without my knowledge. They ask me to come here with a person that I liked." He explains as he softened by 's action. I just smile at him but after hearing a word 'liked', my smile getting wider. This is lovesick.

"Wait here, I'm going to buy something." He suddenly leave me there alone while runs away to the nearest shop that we saw before we reach this abandon park.

 

After he left, I feel somehow scared since there's no one here so I decide to follow him. I run after him but the shop is opposite from this place. We need to cross the road to reach the shop and the road is kinda busy with all vehicles pass by.

Jongup is so fast until it's hard for me to catch up with him. As I saw his figure on the road, I quickly rush toward him but something caught my eyes. There's man who's driving his car with full speed and it's head straight to Jongup's spot.

My eyes widen when the car doesn't slow down even there's a people in front of him for a God's sake. And at this time, Jongup bend down as he drops something on the road. He struggles to pick that things up and didn't realize that his life is in risk. I become panic as I shout my voice out, tell Jongup to get away from the road.

 

"Jongup!!! Watch out!!" I shout as loud as I could until my throat hurt but at this very time, the hurt can't bother me. He looks at me as he heard my voice and signal me to stay there.

 

With a loud honk on the other side, I can heard a loud thump on the road as if someone being hit by the car. I cover my mouth and freeze on my spot. At this moment, I can hear anything except a beep as if I become deaf. My brain can't work rightly when all the people start to gather on the road, shouting and yelling to each other. All of this happen so quickly until my brain can't work out and interpret of what happen just now.

It's feel like slow motion. Out of the blue, my eyes become blur as my tears rapidly roll on my cheek.

 

"This is not true. I'm dreaming, right?" I talk to myself while close my eyes, hope that all of this is a dream. No, a nightmare.

 

When I open back my eyes, the situation in front of me still same as before. I swallow my saliva hardly as I heard a loud siren from an ambulance. I run to the crowd and shocked with a bloody figure in front of me. Is this a prank? Yeah, Jongup want to make me worried, that's why he acted this way. I crouch down and place his bloody head on my lap.

 

"You got me, Jongup. You can wake up now." I shook his shoulder slowly as my tears keep flowing freely. But he doesn't budge at all make me feel insecure.

"Yah, it's not funny anymore. Wake up!" I cried my heart out as the blood from his forehead flows as fast as my tears. 

 

The people pull me away from Jongup as a few of nurse get out from the van and takes Jongup in there. I try to pull off the grip on my arm but I failed. This people is so strong as they block me from get to Jongup. I struggle as I scream but it's too late. The ambulance leave us with a loud siren and the people start to disperse one by one. I fall on my knee as I saw the blood on the road and a small bloody box.

I slowly take the box and clutch its in my grip. Is this box is so important until Jongup forget that he's on the road, risking his life for just one box. I scream out loud as I clench my shirt tightly and crying there like a baby while hold the box.

 

"This can't be true, right?"