Different side

Metallic memories

Different side


 

''I want all of you to pair up for the next lessons.'' The teacher command as she enter the class.

 

I turn to the side and found out that Taehyung already missing. I can't find him anywhere so I thought he must be partner with other student.

 

''Both of us?'' Jongup asks Zelo

 

​Suddenly, Zelo turn his back and grins at me.

 

''Hyung, I think this is the right time to start a new life.'' Zelo whisper at Jongup as he keeps take a glance on me.

''Wait, what do you mean?'' He glare at Zelo and turn his back to me.

''Don't you try to do something ridiculuos.'' Jongup said but Zelo already found his partner.

''With who should I pair up?'' I sigh as loud as I could then put my head on the table.

''I guess we need to be pair since there's no one else left.'' I hear a voice in front of my table.

 

Hearing that voice, I quickly lift my head up and there's Jongup with emotionless face stare at me. I wonder why he want to be pair with me whereas Zelo sits beside him so I just give him a are-you-sure look.

 

''Don't look at me like that, Zelo already found his partner.'' Jongup point at Zelo's direction with his eyes.

''Okay then. I hope we can cooperate easily.'' I smile at him but he just stare blankly at me. His eyes shows that he didn't enjoy at all doing this assignment with me.

 

He wake up from his seat and stroll beside me. Since Taehyung can't be found, Jongup take a seat at Taehyung's seat.

 

''All of you need to choose one topic in history and send to me next week.'' The teacher explains how to do and leave the class.

''So..When are we're going to start?'' I ask awkwardly.

''Today, after school. At school library.'' He simply said without look at me.

''Ok.'' I nod and we just sit there, doing nothing while other student busy chatting and joking around.

 

I turn my back to search for Taehyung but he's nowhere to be found.

 

''Where did he go?'' I mumble slowly.

 

I wake up from my seat and go to Taehyung's partner. This is the only way to escape from awkwardness with emotionless Jongup.

 

''Where did V go?'' I ask his partner but she's just shrug, everyone in our school call Taehyung as V. Taehyung didn't like other call him by his real name except for and me.

 

After received nothing information about Taehyung, I went back to my place and try my best to open the conversation with Jongup.

 

''What should we pick for our title?'' I search some topic in the history book.

''Up to you. I don't mind.'' He show no interest.

''Should we change the partner?'' I feel sorry to him, I know how bad he didn't want to be partner with me.

 

He remain silent after hear my words.

 

''Maybe you feel uncomfortable with me so let's change the partner.'' I smile and look around to choose a new partner for him. I don't mind if I need to do this task alone as long as I didn't make my partner sad.

 

As I was about to go to the group of boys, he stop me by grab my wrist. I flinch a bit and immediately stop in my track.

 

''It's okay, you don't need to.'' He said with his monotone and make me sit back on my seat.

''Really?'' My face lit up upon hear his word even I know he didn't mean it but I don't know why I'm happy.

''Yes, so don't think to change the partner again.'' He stare at me and that made my heart flip.

 

I happily nod and we start to choose the easiest topic but the atmosphere around us still awkward since I'm the only one who's taking while he just nod and hum.

 

Taehyung POV

After I get back from the toilet, I can see all my classmate sit with their own partner.

 

''Maybe the teacher ask us to be pair to do some task. Should I ask Haewon to be my partner?'' I smile on the thought of be pair with Haewon.

 

My eyes search for Haewon and my heart pray, hoping that she didn't find any partner yet. As I see her with Jongup, I feel something that I can't describe in word. Did they already become a partner, how can they end up be a partner. I sigh, knowing that my one and only chance disappear so I decide to skip the class.

End of POV

 

 

Soon, the last class end and I quickly search for bts to inform them that I'm going to stay with Jongup.

 

''Where are you going?'' Jongup looks at me when he saw me struggle alone to keep my thing in my bag.

''I'm going somewhere but I promise it didn't take a long time.'' I rush to the door but Jongup follow behind me.

 

I raised my eyebrow and wait for his explanation but he didn't say any words so I just let him follow me. As I see Rapmon around the car park, I quickly stroll toward him and tell that I'm not going home with them.

 

''Oppa, did you see Taehyung?'' I ask Rapmon since I can't find him the whole day.

''No, maybe he already at our cafe.'' Jin said when he see me.

''I hope he's there because I didn't see him today at class.'' I feel worry about him.

''It's okay. Nothing will happen.'' This time, Suga reassure me.

 

After hear Suga's word, I go to the library with Jongup beside me. We walk side by side until a wind blow hardly and my skirt lift a bit.

I quickly cover my skirt with my hand. Then Jongup take out his jacket, revealed his white shirt and tie around my waist. I blush hardly due to his sweetness side.

 

''Thanks.'' I said while avoid eyes contact with him. He just smile slightly at me, waittt..he smile at me!!