Tornado

Metallic memories

Tornado


 

After make sure that the waiter went to Jongup and Haeri's table with the most expensive dessert, I decide to wait for their expression. 

The dessert was chocolate biscuit with chocolate mousse and passion fruit sorbet. I hide behind the wall near their place while cover my face using my hair. Some of people who's sitting there give me a weird look while some of them just ignore me.

At this time, I think I don't mind ruining my image just to watch Jongup and Haeri's reaction. It's priceless and one of a kind.

As the waiter reach their table, he place the dessert on their table and hand them a receipt. Haeri takes the receipt and her face suddenly changed into a frown.

 

"I think you are mistaken. We don't order any of dessert." Haeri said to the waiter and pass back the receipt at him. Her eyes widen when she looks at the total of their foods and she curse under her breath.

 

The waiter seems puzzled by Haeri's action since he's being told to deliver the dessert to Jongup and Haeri's table. He doesn't said anything when he looks at the guy beside Haeri tried to said something.

 

"Didn't you told Haewon before to order the dessert?" Jongup asks while point to the dessert. He looks straightly into Haeri's eyes while raised his right eyebrow, confuse with Haeri's sudden outburst.

"Uh-uh..Yes. I forget about that." Haeri smile at Jongup as she pretend to recall about the dessert before.

 

Aish, why did Jongup said like that? The price is costing the earth. Besides, I already tell Jongup that I will paid for our foods. All of this is Haewon's fault. Haeri thought while tighten her fist under the table so that Jongup wouldn't see her anger.

 

"I'm sorry for the misunderstand before. Please forgive my ignorance." Haeri looks at the waiter and smile innocently. She really hopes that Jongup will see this side of her and fall for her more.

 

For Jongup, Haeri is an angel. The way she apologize for her mistakes and the way she still manage to create a smile at the waiter even though it's embarrassing for her.

Jongup takes a glance around him when he noticed that Haewon aren't there. The order have arrived but where's Haewon.

He keeps look around him until his eyes land at the figure behind the wall. Jongup wonder who's the girl behind the wall and why did she keeps hiding there so he decide to take a good look at whoever that hide the other side of the wall.

I look at them with a smile and the laugh become giggle, and soon I'm just cracking up on my spot. I know Haeri will be extremely angry at me but right now, I want to enjoy the fun first.

But then, something caught my eyes and make me stop from having fun.

 

"Crap!" I mumble under my breath when I saw Jongup walks toward my direction with his calm face. Did he already know that all of this is my idea? Did he angry?

Because I can't read his blank expression. I need to go now before the distance between us get shorten.

 

As I'm about to walk away, I feel something on my shoulder and my feet glued on the floor. Why now? Slowly, I turn my to my back and saw Jongup stand right behind me with his expressionless face.

 

"Why are you here?" Jongup break the silent as he questioned me something. My eyes set on Haeri's table and back to Jongup. What should I answer to him?

 

What's the use to still be here and return to you and Haeri?

 

"Um..I'm not hungry anymore. Enjoy your time with Haeri unnie." I mentally face palm myself since I don't mean to said that words. It's just escape from my mouth.

"Why? Because you don't like me and Haeri noona, right?" His voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment. I'm a bit startled by his words but I try to maintain my facial expression.

"Why should I hate both of you?" Even I don't want to argue with him but I still replied back to him. His words sound like I'm the baddest here.

"Because your action explain everything. You don't like my relationship with Haeri noona right? That's why you try to ruin our relation. You are so pathetic and worst." Jongup spit out everything that came out from his mouth. I look at him in disbelief when those words hit me one by one.

 

To hear everything unpleasant about me from his mouth make me feel even more sad. My dark eyes held a look so distraught and crestfallen that I didn't even notice the eeriness around me.

I feel as if I'm falling from the deepest and longest black tunnel and there's nothing for me to hang on. My world crash in twinkling of an eye and I don't think that I'm standing in this world anymore.

The tears start to form in my eyes but I try to hold it. I can't let Jongup see this or else he will said I'm a drama queen. I look at him and he just smirk as if all the things he said just now are true.

I take a few step back since I don't know how long could I hold this threatening tears. With that, I run away from the shop and leave all of them behind.

While running my heart out, the tears make it escapes by flow on my cheek unstoppable. I stop for a while after make sure that I'm far far far away from the shop.

 

"What is this?" I roughly wipe my tears and drop on my knee. I don't know why I'm acting like this and I really hate it but the pain is so unbearable. I slowly hit my chest, try to get rid off this feeling but it's seems like the pain become more and more worst.

 

I raised my head up and saw a small rock in front of me. I pick up the rock and about to throw it but cancel my intention as I just grasp the small rock in my palm.

It felt like a tornado of a thousand emotions was tearing away at my insides.

 

 

...

 

 

The alarm on my room start to ring loudly when the number changed to 6:00 AM. I wake up straightly since I'm not in a deep sleep. Jongup's words yesterday keep lingering on my mind and I don't think I can face to face with him after this. I press the upper button on my alarm clock to stop it from let out any noise. Plus, I'm totally awake.

 

"I don't want to go to school today." I whisper slowly while eyeing my uniform that nicely hang on my wardrobe. I sigh as loud as I could and take off my eyes from my uniform.

 

With force, I stand from my bed and drag my feet to the bathroom. I can't skip school today and I can't always run from them. At last, I will meet them so what's the point of running? I take a quick shower and step out from the bathroom.

After a quick shower and blow-dry, I threw on my uniform and tie my hair into a messy bun. I put my bag on my shoulder and walk downstairs.

 

"Haewon, come here and take your breakfast." Mum said when she saw me at the front door, ready to leave. I turn to mum's direction and show her my best grin.

"Omma, I can't. I need to go early today. Bye-bye" I lied while wave happily at mum and dad.

 

Actually I don't mean to lied to them but right now, I want to be alone. I don't feel like talking to other people.

On the way to school, I just put my earphone in my ear and enjoy the music. It's help me to forget about all of my problems. I just raised my head down while kick the pebble that block my way.

As I keep walking, I sense something block me as my way getting dark with his silhouette. Slowly, I raised my head up and my eyes widen at the sight of it.