Close

Metallic memories

Close


 

I awoke to find this numb sensation in both of my thigh and realized that someone was sleeping on my lap. Since I can't move my leg, I struggle to take my phone on the coffee table in front of us. I bend down my back to the front and stretch my arm to reach the phone.

 

"Aish, this won't do." I grumble as my arm is too short to reach my phone.

"Let's try once again." There's no give up in my dictionary so I decide to try again.

 

My arm feel like break off as I keep stretch to the front. It's feel like someone with no mercy tries to pull off my arm from it's flesh. I reach to take it, a puzzled frown crossing my face and I bit my lip. As I know my effort is useless, I make up my mind to wake Jongup up.

It's more easy and I don't need to straightened my poor arm.

 

"Am I give up right now?" I ask myself in hint of doubt.

"Yes." Give up do exist in my dictionary. ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ

 

I slowly shake Jongup's shoulder because I don't want to make him shock by my sudden action. Plus, he's sleeping soundly right now.

Even I feel guilty to disturb him, I still need to wake him up sooner or later. I can't stay longer in this kind of state. I can't feel my leg anymore as I didn't move my leg an inch since Jongup's slept on my lap.

 

"Wake up, Jongup. You already slept long enough." I shake his shoulder playfully but he won't budge.

 

He doesn't stir in his sleep at all. I wonder is he really tired by observe at how safely and soundly he's sleeping now.

 

"Should I wait for 5 minutes more?" I corrected his hair that almost cover his eyes.

 

Look at how his chest raised and fall while his breathe stably make me feel composed. Somehow, I have a mixed feeling by look at Jongup. Please don't be good to me if you don't have a same feeling toward me. You keep spinning around me.

With a sigh, I knock my head with my fist. I need to act like usual if I don't want to be hurt. Just, don't think about anything right now.

When I feel like 5 minutes already past, I try to wake Jongup again but the result doesn't change at all. He still sleep there like a log.

 

"Yah, Moon Jongup! Until when you want to sleep, huh?" I poke his arm over and over.

 

Knowing that I can't wake him up, I decide to scan his face. If you look carefully at his face, he is really handsome truthfully. With a caress far more gentle than any silk, I touch his lips with my finger and stare at him.

But then, I notice that his lips move and curled into a tiny smile. He almost chuckles with my sudden action. I raised my eyebrow when his facial turn normal and he seems like sleep.

 

What's with him?

 

However, I realized something that make me look like a fool and it's so humiliating for me. Jongup is awake all this time and he just pretend to sleep.

 

"Yah, pabo! You better wake up before I do something to you." I yell while push him off from me.

 

Still, he didn't move at all and pretend to be in a deep sleep. He manage to remain his calm face with help of his arm. He put his arm on his forehead, tries to cover his face.

 

Okay, let's do in your way.

 

I bend my back down a bit and in a voice soft as a whisper, fine as silk, and barely recognizable, I asked, "Is it a trick?" With that, I give him a quick tickle yet he tries to hold his laughter by shift his body to the side.

The smirk suddenly appear on my face and I start to tickle him non-stop. He tries his best not to laugh as his body keep moving up and down but soon, he failed as he quickly wake up from my lap.

 

"Yah, you're playing dirty." He stand in front of me while protest about my action. I narrow my eyes to him as I cross my arm on my chest.

"Who's start first?" I stuck my tongue out at him.

"You. You mess around with wrong people, you know?" He sits beside me harshly.

"Aigoo, since when you start to act like this?" I take a quick glance at him then set my eyes on the coffee table to reach for my phone.

 

Since I confirm with myself that the one I love is right in front of me. Jongup thought to himself.

 

I think we already become close with some moment we shared together. Or it's just me who feel like that.

As my phone safely in my grip, I sweep the screen on my phone and my eyes wide at the sight of it. It's already 5 PM right now. I wonder how much hours did we took just to take a short nap. The sunset was still a couple of hours away so there's still much time for my parent to come back home.

At the same time, Jongup's phone ringing loudly as sign of someone call him. He takes out his phone from his pocket and looks at the caller ID before answer the call.

He suddenly stand up and gesture 'wait' at me as he walk to the front door and turn the knob with his free hand.

Then, his sight disappear from my eyes. I wake up from the couch as well and go to the kitchen to at least make something for us to get rid our thirsty.

 

"What should I do?" I open the refrigerator and take out a carton of juice and place it on the dining table.

"Haewon, I need to go now." I stop from moving when I hear Jongup's voice on the living room.

 

I stroll to the living room and look at him who's preparing to leave.

 

"Did something happen?" I ask him carefully.

"See you tomorrow at school." With that, he leaves to the front door and I can hear the door being closed.

"Maybe something serious happen." I make my own conclusion and rush to the kitchen back.

 

I walk to the glass rack and take my favorite glass to pour some juice in it. After that, I keep back the carton of juice in the refrigerator and walk to the living room with the glass in my grip. I put the glass on the coffee table and smile at the sight of aid-box.

The image of us just now play on my mind. You were beside me, and I realized every time you were there, I finally stopped wandering.

Suddenly, my imagination being brush off by the sound of my phone ringing. I sigh and take my phone to look at the caller ID.

 

"Omma?" I mumble when mum's number show up.

"Hello?" I take the call without hesitation. Our conversation take 5 minutes and I hung up when mum said 'goodbye'.

 

After I hung up the phone, I raised my fist in the air while put my phone on the couch, beside me. I don't have to prepare our dinner since my parent will buy it. Plus, I don't feel like doing anything right now. I just want to enjoy my time by watch the television.

And I need to think something else to make up with Haeri. I can't let our relationship become rotten because of this small things.