Save me

Metallic memories

Save me


 

In the middle of the path where everybody are busy as a bee, walking to their own destiny make me realized that I'm not alone in this wide world. Maybe I do feel lonely but I can't just give up my life.

The sun shine from a cloudless sky and I decide to stroll around this area. Anyway, I don't feel like go home right now since the weather is so nice. Too nice to be sad.

I smile to myself and raised up my fist. From now on, I won't be sad again.

 

"Yea, I can do it. Fighting Cha Haewon!" I cheer and nod to myself.

 

I skip happily to the corner of the path as I want to cross the road. The road is never ending with the vehicle on it so I press the traffic light button and wait for the light to turn red.

In a few second, there's several of people stand beside me, waiting for the road to be clear too so they can cross it safely. But there's too many people around me so I keep walk forward as they bump on me until I come off from the safety line.

It's kinda packed now since the elder don't even want to succumb their spot. As we wait for the red light, I see a buss speed up to our direction so I take a few step back. As I'm about to turn and wait back at the safety line, the woman who's wearing a job uniform accidentally push me out of the line.

I gasp as I almost fall down and the people who's waiting at the traffic light keep point at me and the faint murmur of their voices make me puzzle for a while,

But then, I realized that I'm not longer on the safety line. I turn my head to my right and at this moment I feel breathless. It's feel like the whole world is in mute as the people keep blabber on and on. To make thing more worst is I can't move.

 

Am I become deaf already?

 

I can't even move even an inch. Then, somehow, I can barely heard the loud honk coming from the bus and people scream out loud, ask me to get out from the road.

The light from the bus hurt my eyes but I still don't bother to move. I manage to shout as hard as I could and wait for the impact of the bus.

 

Please, someone no anyone! Save me.

 

In a blink of times, I can feel that my body being thrown away but I don't feel the pain.

 

"Am I dying? Where am I?" Slowly, I open my eyes and I realized that I'm on the other side of the path.

 

I blink, momentarily blinded. The light is too bright for me to handle.

 

"By any chance, am I in the heaven?" I whisper to myself.

"No, you are in reality and stop thinking weird things. You're so heavy, you know?" Someone grunt under me and my eyes widen when I figure out that someone trap under me.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I quickly stand up and brush off the dust on my palm before I help the poor guy up.

 

I stretch out my hand and he takes it without hesitates.

 

"Jongup? Why are you here?" I startled when my vision become clear again and notice that the guy who's standing in front of me right now is Moon Jongup.

 

I brush off some dirt in his shirt and his palm.

 

"I just fall from the sky and happen to be here." Jongup sarcastically answer my dumb question and I slowly release his hand.

 

I narrow my eyes at his answer and look around us. All the people that scream earlier look at us before mumble something at each other.

 

"Wow, I want that guy save me too." "Me too." "He's so cool." "What a lucky girl."

 

The whisper is so loud until I can hear it clearly. What a lucky girl? Are they crazy? I almost die in accident yet they said I'm lucky.

Jongup clear his throat when he see that I'm in dazed. I snap back to reality and look at him. I nearly forgot that he just saved my precious life.

 

"Are you hurt somewhere?" I scan his arm and gasp when I see blood from his elbow.

"Oh my! Is it hurt? Of course it's hurt. I'm sorry." I ask and answer back my own question.

 

Suddenly, I become panic. I hold his arm and see the cut on his elbow. It's must hurt a lot. I blow on the wound slowly and hope that my effort can less the pain in his elbow.

Jongup eyed me and hold my shoulder with his free hand. I look at him with my guilty eyes.

 

"It's not hurt. Just stop worrying about me." He takes back his arm and place it beside himself.

"But.." My voice almost in a whisper tone.

"You're not hurt, right?" He changed the topic and ask about me. I just shook my head since I didn't feel any pain from my body.

"That's all I need to know." He simply said and turn his way opposite of me.

"Where are you going?" I manage to voice out my question.

"Convenience store." He said without turn on me.

"For?" I just look at his back. As usual, he doesn't said much as he turns around and show his injured elbow.

 

I nod as I run beside him and hold his hand tightly.

 

"Let's go, I'm responsible to treat you." I smile at him and gently drag him with me.

"Why? I'm not a kid. I can do it by myself." He protest when he hears my words.

"No excuse. Because of me, you had this wound." I said slowly, guilt are around me.

 

We just walk in silent because I'm only focus on Jongup's elbow. I still hold his hand tightly as if he's going to fade whenever I release my grip. I decide to go home so I can treat Jongup properly. 

As we walk pass the convenient store, I stop for a while before enter the shop. Jongup just follow me without said any words. Even in this kind of situation, I feel comfortable.

I walk to the bandage section and pick up a few bandages. I don't know whether I still have some bandages in my room or not so I need to make a preparation first by buy some of it.

We walk to counter and I pay for it before we walk back to my house.

 

"Where are we going?" After a long while, Jongup suddenly asks me.

"To my house." I reply as I swing the plastic bag back and forth.

"What? Why?" He seems surprised.

"Of course to treat your wound. It's okay, it's not like I'm going to kidnap you." I reassure him. XD

 

Again, we walk in silent after have a short conversation.

 

"Finally, we arrive." I turn to Jongup's way and smile at him after I've open the gate.

 

Both of us enter my house and I ask Jongup to stay at the living room while I'm going to take a safety aid box. Look like mum and dad don't come home yet.

I rush to my room and drag the chair to reach out for my safety aid box on my wardrobe. After I get the box, I dash to the living room where Jongup's waiting for me.

 

"Okay, let me see." I open the box and put on the coffee table.

"I can do it." He snatch the bandage on my grip and about to put on his elbow but then, I quickly stop him.

"Wait, you need to clean the wound first before you put the bandage." I said as I take out the necessary thing from the box.

"It'll hurt." He said slowly. I stare at him but he keeps looks at his wound. Why is this guy is so cute? I'd never seen this side of him and I found it very cute.

 

I put his arm on my lap and turn to face his elbow to me so I can easily clean the wound. I reach out for the cotton and put some ointment on it before I gently clean the wound.

Sometimes, I will blow on the wound when I heard Jongup hiss.

 

"I'm sorry." I keep repeating that words whenever he hiss in pain. This must hurt a lot, right? I'm sorry,Jongup.

"No, it's not hurt at all." He barely said as he close his eyes.

 

I continuously wipe the wound gently and put the bandage on it.

 

"Done." I grin when I finish put the bandage. He open back his eyes and stare at me.

"I'm so tired today. Too many things happen in one day so let me rest for a while." Jongup said as he stretch his arm.

"Okay. I will wake you up soon." I'm about to stand when Jongup hold my wrist.

"No. Just stay here. Don't go anywhere." He said and I just nod, follow his order.

 

I sit back on the couch and he slowly put his head on my lap while cover his face with his arm on it. I'm a bit shocked with his sudden action but it make me smile.

 

"I don't know that Jongup can be baby when he's in pain."