That day

Metallic memories

That day


 

Flashback

Jongup used to be a silent guy in his old school long ago but one day, someone change him.

 

''Why don't you go and join them?'' A girl approach a lonely Jongup who's eating on his own.

''I prefer to eat alone.'' Jongup look down at his untouched food.

''Why?'' She sits beside him.

''Just...nothing.'' He awkwardly replied.

''I'm Haeri. What's your name?'' The girl pull Jongup's attention by pull out her hand to shake with him.

''Me? I'm Jongup.'' Jongup shyly shake hand with her.

''It's seems like you're younger than me. I'm a senior in this school.'' Haeri keeps the conversation.

''Oh, I'm a junior. So, should I call you noona?'' Jongup slightly smile by the word 'noona'.

''Of course. You can call me Haeri noona. So, the rumor that being spread all this time was wrong.'' Haeri's word make Jongup's confuse.

''What's rumor?'' He frown a bit.

''Rumor that you're taciturn. They said you'll always replied their questions in monosyllables but you're opposite of that. You talk a lot with me.'' Haeri's giggle make Jongup smile.

''I also don't know. I feel more comfortable when I talk with you, Haeri noona.'' Jongup confess and both of them has a happy conversation.

 

1 week later..

 

The day that change everything in Jongup's life, the day that he lose her..forever.

 

''I'm going to move to State since my parents work there.'' Haeri bid a goodbye to Jongup as she get into the car.

''Will you return back?'' Jongup tried his best to smile.

''I'm sorry but no.'' With that last word by Haeri, the car disappear from Jongup's sight.

 

After Haeri moved out, Jongup become the old him again. The boy who rarely talk and keep his cold expression.


End of flashback

 

I stroll to cafe after Jongup leave me alone at the class. My mind wander around as I keep thinking about the incident just now. I shook my head and go toward bts who's eating and chatting happily at our usual place.

 

''Why are you so late? The kids already finish their foods.'' Rapmon elbowed me slowly.

''It's okay. Actually, I don't feel hungry yet.'' I look at them who busy with their food.

''Really? If you're hungry, I can buy something for you.'' Jin realize my presence beside him and ask me.

''Yes, I will tell you if I'm hungry.'' I smile, happy that they're taking care of me.

 

The recess end and we separate to our own class except Taehyung and me because we're in the same class. We walk together and enter the class.

Again, Jongup still nowhere to be found. I only can see Zelo alone in his seat while the girls gathers at his place.

I sit at my place and take out my book to doodle something on it. Taehyung already enter his another world as he's sleeping and use a book to cover himself from the teacher.

After a few minutes, the teacher doesn't show up and I decide to join Taehyung to enter my another world too but something caught my eyes.

Jongup walk slowly to his own place while fix his eyes on his shoes. I look at him while wave my hand to attract his attention but it's failed.

He just ignore me even he see me struggle to call him.

 

''Maybe he need some time to cooling down.'' I talk to myself and watch his back.

 

He talks with Zelo as soon as he sit and I feel a bit relieved since he didn't ignore Zelo.

Even he only ignore me but I will never give up.

I need to apologize properly to Jongup for making him skip the class because of me.

As soon as the school end, I quickly keep my things back in my bag and ready to chase after Jongup.

 

''Yah, why are you so rush?'' Taehyung frown while stare at me.

''Um, I need to go home immediately.'' Fortunately, I didn't stutter or else he will know that I'm lying.

''Slowly, will you? I'm going to take you home right away since I'm riding my motorcycle today. Don't worry.'' Taehyung smirk and grab my hand.

''Wait..''

 

I couldn't finish my word because Taehyung grab my hand and run toward his motorcycle.

As we run through the corridor, we pass by Jongup and Zelo but I can't do anything since Taehyung didn't let go of my wrist.

Finally, we reach Taehyung's motorcycle and I'm panting like crazy while he's laughing at me.

 

''This is so fun! We need to do it regularly.'' Taehyung said in between his laugh.

''Are you crazy? I don't want. I almost die.'' I glare at him and try to act angry but failed after look at his happy face.

''Come on.'' Taehyung said as he already on his motorcycle.

 

I ride carefully behind him.

 

''Hold me tightly.'' He said and I quickly grab his shirt. I guess today is not the right day to apologize to Jongup.