Betray

Metallic memories

Betray


 

More sweat fell down from my stubby chin as I tried to avert my eyes away from his steady gaze. I take a few steps back as he keeps approaching me. My eyes wander left and right, trying to avoid his stern gaze that keeps observing me.

He coughs to gain my attention and unconsciously I raise my head to look at him. He shows his evil smirk toward me and I know things will get bad if I still stay here. Plus, he doesn't show any sign of stop to approach me, so with a speed of light, I turn around and run my heart out.

 

 

"Why did he looks at me like that?" I manage to ask myself a question as I stop for a while to catch a proper breath.

 

It hurts me to look at him like that. The way he looks at me is full with hatred and as if he's provoking me. Maybe, he really hates me now and want me to vanish from his sight but.. Why did he keeps approaching me just now? What should I do? Am I still have a small chance to be with you?

 

Pabo Jongup.

 

 

---

 

 

The class goes on as usual when the teacher steps into the classroom with several of thick books in her arm. I fix my eyes at the window while watching some clouds that slowly parted away. It's so pleasant. The teacher doesn't bother to teach the class since she passes up an exercise for us. My eyes never leave the sight outside the window because I can't bear the sight in front of me. It's just too much to look at Jongup.

 

"Haewon, are you okay? You look pale." Taehyung's voice can be heard beside me and slowly, I just nod without turning toward him.

"Are you sure?" Unsatisfied with my answer, he voice out another question. But this time, he turns my body toward him so he can looks at me.

 

I frown at his behavior since I really don't want to face in front. I don't have any strength to look at Jongup even his back. Once again, Taehyung asks me the same question as before.

 

"Are you sure?" His eyes is full with worriedness and I feel bad for him. He shouldn't feel bad at all. It's not his fault.

"I'm okay." I simply said and rest my head on the table. Why did I'm acting like this? I have no idea.

 

Suddenly, I feel a warm hand on my forehead. I open my eyes and lift my head up to look at the owner of the hand. There's Taehyung who's checking my temperature as he put his left hand on his own forehead. I fake a cough, trying to get his attention and he looks at me.

There's a hint of concern in his eyes but I just shrug it off. The hand on my forehead being lift and he caress my hair gently. He shows his warm smile to me and that very moment, I feel cozy under his gaze.

 

"Thanks, I'm really okay now." I manage to whisper at him as I gently place his hand on his table. It's not like I hate it, but if he keep showing this side of him towards me, I can fall in love with him.

 

Actually Taehyung is a good and nice person. He always show his kindness towards me and I like his behavior too. Sometimes, he's a bit naughty but it's doesn't bother me. Because I want Taehyung to be my best friends forever.

 

"Okay if you said so. But if you don't feel good, you must inform me." Taehyung said firmly as if my life depend on him. I chuckle at his statement and nod my head like a kid.

 

As I turn my head to the front, I noticed that Jongup looks at us through his shoulder. It's kinda make me happy yet uncomfortable. Did he start to remember me? But then, I can see his smirk once again and he turn back to the front. I guess the answer to my question is no.

 

 

 

The recess finally being announced when the bell ring through our ear. I decide to stay for a while since I don't want to being push by my classmate just to get out from this class. I will go once the door is free from others student.

While waiting for the others to exit the classroom, I sit on my place and keep all my things in my bag to kill the times. Taehyung already disappear into nowhere right when the bell ring. Then, a noise can be heard outside the class and I quickly look up to where the sound come from. But I found nothing suspicious so I just turn back and do my own works.

 


Jongup POV

All the student run for their life as the bell ring through the hall. I stand from my seat and keep my thing inside my bag while Zelo is the first one to go out from the class. He always hungry even we've already had a full meal this morning.

 

"Hyung, come on. You're so slow. Like snail." He jokes while waits for me in front of the door.

"I've heard it." I hiss while narrow my eyes at him. Zelo just chuckles nervously and with that, he disappear into the crowd.

 

I just shook my head with his childish side and about to leave the class but stop when I see Haewon. She still stand straight at her seat while other student already head to the cafe. Then, I see her sit on her place while keeps her things inside her bag.

She looks lonely as she keeps looking outside the window. It hurts me to look at her like that but it's hard for me to approach her. My brain keeps denying that I know her but my heart, it's seems like my heart tell me the other way.

Which one should I believe?

All the student that pass by our class keep looking at me weirdly. Of course they are, look at me right now. I'm hiding like a fool just to watch Haewon.

 

"Boo! What are you doing here, Jonguppiee!!!" Haeri jumps beside me happily and pout when she asks me a question.

"Uh-huh? I just.." I stammered as she tries to look at where I'm looking at. She can't know that I'm watching Haewon or else..I don't know what will happen but it's never be the good things.

"Hee..Why are you so cute, Jonguppiee. Let's go grab a lunch. I'm hungry." She drags me to the cafe and with a heavy heart, I need to leave Haewon alone. Why am I acting like this? It's so confusing.

 

Fortunately, she doesn't know that I'm secretly looking at Haewon.

 

I'm sorry, Haeri.

 

The recess time end and I bid a goodbye to Haeri noona. I don't know why but I don't feel that sad to be separated with Haeri noona. It's different from Haewon. I feel kinda sad to leave Haewon alone at class just now but I can't do anything.

Haewon is trying to make me and Haeri noona break so I need to distance myself from her. But my action against it. It's so confusing yet suffocating.

I sigh and head to the class along with some of my classmate. As I reach the class, the first thing I see is Haewon. She still there, looking outside the window.

I wonder if she's hungry. She didn't went to the cafe at the break time and just spend her time in the class. It's strange because I care for her. I shouldn't feel that way, right? But why did my heart keep betray me?

Then, someone calls out for her and told that the teacher want to meet her at the office. This is a great chance for me. As she exits the class, I quickly make my way to the cafe and buy a carton of milk.

 

"I hope you like it." I smile as I place the milk on her table with a green note.

 

 

 

Don't be so gloomy :)