The memories

Metallic memories

The memories


 

The time seems to tick fast as it's already late. The sun sank below the skyline and cool purple twilight settled around us. Jongup is still lay on my lap and I gently wake him up.

 

''It's already late, Jongup.'' I pat his arm slowly.

''Oh?'' He wakes up and sit properly beside me while rub his eyes.

''I'm sorry.'' He add after he realized he just sleep on my lap. Jongup slightly bow as he rub his back neck awkwardly, suddenly feel embarrassed with his action just now.

''It's okay, you're not a burden to me at all.'' I smile and slowly stand from the bench.

''I think I should go now. Byebye.'' I dust off my skirt before bid a goodbye to him.

 

I walk away from Jongup but then he stop me by calling my name.

 

''Haewon, wait. I will walk you home since it's already late.'' He jogs to my direction and grab my bag.

''I can bring my own bag, it's not heavy.'' I try to seize back my bag.

''Just assume I do this because I make you stay until late.'' He naturally walk pass me with my bag on his shoulder.

''Okay.'' I simply reply and follow his pace.

 

I never noticed the scenery is so lovely at this time since I've never take a good look at it. The flowers seem small and insignificant during the day but at twilight they glow in the fading light and look beautiful.

My heart smile at the sight of picturesque around me. I point to the flower at Jongup and he also seems interested in it.

 

''Beautiful, right?'' I hop lightly on my spot, by a happy coincidence.

''Yea, we should often go out and stroll around at this time together.'' He picks one of daisy flower and put around my ear.

''Together?'' I mumble quietly and I just can't stop smiling.

 

He just smile and continue his walk without waiting for me.

 

''Yah, wait for me.'' I run toward him and we walk together to my house.

 

A few minutes later, we arrive and I thanks him for accompany me home. I guess I can't expect more than Jongup.

I twisted the knob to the door and reveal my mum who's watching a television with a girl. Do we have a visitor at this time?

 

''Oh, you're home. Haewon, guess who's back?'' Mum notices my presence and quickly stand to cover the girl behind him.

''Who?'' I titled my head, having no idea about what mum's talking about.

''Jjannn!!'' A girl pop out behind mum and run toward me to set me in her embrace.

''Haeri unnie? When did you come?'' I happily welcome my cousin who's studying abroad.

''I arrive yesterday and my mum already buy a house near here. So, I decide to visit you!'' Both of us jump happily and mum smile at us.

''Let's eat, girls. The foods almost cold.'' Mum lead us to the kitchen and I excuse myself for a while to change my clothes.

 

The dinner was very fun as we keep talking about own story and share our funny moments.

 

''Thanks for the food.'' Both of us say in unison and make our way to my room.

''Yah, you already grown up.'' Haeri jump onto my bed and lay on her stomach.

''Of course, you too, unnie. You look so beautiful with those big and shimmering eyes.'' I point at her eyes and join her lay on my bed.

''Don't said like that.'' She laugh at my praise words.

''Oh, anyway, do you have a boyfriend, unnie?'' I look at her, interested.

''No, but I do have someone I'd love.'' She confess while smiling widely.

''Who?'' I become so curious suddenly.

 

That boy who's Haeri unnie love, must be very lucky.

 

''One day, you will meet him.'' She grins as I sigh.

''Come on! I can't wait for that day to come.'' I cheer happily and this time, she asks me.

''How about you?'' Her facial expression immediately change.

''Me? I don't have one.'' Actually, I really hope Jongup will be my boyfriend.

''Liar.'' She simply said while giggles.

''I'm serious! Believe me , I'm not as pretty as you!'' Both of us keep talking until midnight.

 

 

 

The morning welcome me by shine its sunlight straight to my face. I shot open my eyes and search for my hand phone to check the time.

It's already 7.15 AM and gosh! I'm freaking late to the school. How could mum didn't wake me up?

I quickly take a quick bath and wear my school uniform. Haeri is still sleeping soundly on my bed as I tip toe to the door and switch off the light.

 

''Ah, I'm so late now!'' I tied up my shoelaces and close the gate before sprint to the school.

 

Finally, I arrive at school with detention card. I didn't make it right time so I need to stay longer after school. As I walk to my locker, I spot Taehyung there.

 

''Ppyong!! What are you doing here?'' I jump in front of him and he seems shock by my action. Cute.

''Yah, I almost get heart attack.'' He glare at me playfully.

''What are you doing here? Try to ditch the class again?'' I look at him while take out my book from my locker.

''No, I'm waiting for you.'' He grins.

''But it's already late. You can get a detention, you know?'' I close the locker and drag him to our class.

''It's okay, as long as I'm with you.'' He just let me drag him.

''Cheesy.'' I stuck my tongue out.

 

We enter the class but I can feel a scary aura inside it. What is this?

 

''Kim Taehyung! Cha Haewon! Why are you late?'' The teacher was furious at us.

''I'm sor-'' My word been cut off as she shoved the detention card to us.

''Get back to your sit.'' She turn and continue to write on the white board.

 

Good, now I have 2 detention card. How long I should stay at school today?

 

''See, I've already said. You will get detention because of me.'' I whisper to Taehyung.

''It's okay, we can spend our time together.'' He grins as it's nothing happen.

''Pabo V.'' I mutter while he just smiling.

 

The class finally end and I still can't go home so I decide to go to cafe first. Taehyung also follow me to the cafe since he's hungry.

 

''You know, Taehyung, my cousin already return!'' I tell him about Haeri unnie.

''Who? Haeri noona?'' Taehyung guess.

''Yes, how could you know?'' I ask as I don't expect him to know.

''Because you only close with her, right?'' He eat his foods while stare at me.

''Um..Yes.'' I smile when I remember my times with Haeri.

 


Jongup POV

I walk to the cafe to talk something with Haewon but then I accidentally hear her conversation with V.

 

Haeri noona?

 

 Why did they mention her name? or I'm misunderstanding?

 

My heart hurt when I hear her name again. I almost forget about her and try to open my heart but somehow I feel it worth it to still waiting for her.

Did I put my high expectation for her to return? It didn't hurt so much to try, right?

I sigh as I leave the cafe, totally forget my first intention to ask Haewon to go out.