Chapter 71: Nothing Stays Hidden For Long

The Princess' Knight: Red [Editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Queen, please be more careful or it’ll become painful for you.” Hero warned once he bandaged me up again. He reached out and helped me up into a sitting position in the bed. After last night’s mission, I had started to irritate my injury and found it bleeding this morning.

“Should you rest today, Queen?” Bronze suggested while thinking of my injury. “You did enough yesterday.”

“There’s no time.” If we aren’t careful, more people could get hurt. “Are the specialized forces still out there?”

“Yes. I don’t think they’re planning on leaving soon.” Bronze responds. He saw mountains of supplies that they brought along. “They’re more alert this morning seeing how you managed to slip by them last night.”

“Why would King Gang Han do that?” Hero questioned. “Does he not want to win? We are ultimately on the same side.”

“King Gang Han’s goal is not to win the war – winning is only a step towards what he wants to achieve.” This was something I have thought about and have figured out for myself.

“Once Solar takes a break, we’ll ask him what he thinks.” Bronze suggested. “For now, please go have breakfast, Queen Hae Won.” 

***

Him Chan slowed in his steps coming to face the individual standing in his way.

Soo Hyuk looked at the Knight with a smile. “I knew I was right.” He commented lightly.

“Know what?” Him Chan asked blankly.

“That you wouldn’t betray the Queen – the way you fought at the tournament told me enough.”

With the reminder from Soo Hyuk, along with it came feelings that didn’t feel good. He lost to the Werewolf standing before him and he didn’t want to think about the failure.

“I like the uniform better on you.” Soo Hyuk continued on kindly.

Him Chan looked down at his suit. Just before leaving, Yong Guk left his but he couldn’t part with his own. He took it with him and made sure to keep it away from prying eyes so Seonjang wouldn’t find out.

“Me too.” Him Chan answered. Putting it on again brought waves of emotions – pleasant ones. 

Soo Hyuk appeared satisfied hearing Him Chan’s words. “I’ll let you get back to doing your job.”

“I hope you came here with good intentions.” Him Chan interjected before the Knight could leave completely. He couldn’t help his suspicions due to the Knight’s connection with Prince Kang Jun.

“I did.” Soo Hyuk responds confidently. “At one point I had hoped to receive honor from Queen Hae Won also.” Thinking about the time, he didn’t hold back his next words. “I did envy you – having courage to leave Prince Kang Jun and gaining the Queen’s approval.”

Him Chan had never seen it that way. But when it settled in, a smile stretched onto his face. “You’re right. I would too if I were you.” Without waiting for the Werewolf’s response, Him Chan passes him and continues towards the recovery room. Entering Queen Hae Won’s life was the best thing that had happened to him.

Recovering from the Knight’s surprising words, Soo Hyuk walked away with an amused smile.

***

“Jong Up, don’t you want to rest?” I placed my hand on his shoulder to gather his attention but not once did he turn to look at me. He kept his eyes out of the window, watching the large group of specialized forces that have started to make the front of the castle their temporary home. After returning last night, he has returned to this very spot and never left it.

“Hurt.”

“Are you hurt?” I asked upon hearing him speak. He was starting to learn more words, which was a positive thing for himself and everyone.

He shook his head.

“Then, what do you mean?”

This time, he turned towards me but kept his eyes at my side where my injury is located. He reached out and gently touched the spot where it was bandaged. “Hurt.”

“Oh, I’m hurt.” I soon understand what he is referring to. “But, what does it have to do with the forces –“ Soon, it dawned on me. “You think they’re going to hurt me?” I guess seeing me get injured has shaken Jong Up slightly. “I will be okay – there is nothing to worry about.” They didn’t seem like they were going to do anything soon.

***

“Let’s rest.”

“Don’t want to.” Jun Hong spoke through heavy pants.

Seeing the kid not listening to him, Dae Hyun personally stopped him. Grabbing Jun Hong’s arms, Dae Hyun pushed him onto the floor. Jun Hong continued breathing heavily with his cheek pressed against the training floor and his arms bounded to his back. In his exhausted state, he couldn’t even fight the Knight’s hold.

“The other Knights actually have some training to do also.” They got permission to use it but it doesn’t mean to make it an inconvenience for others. “I don’t need to get yelled at – you know how much I hate that.”

“Just a little more.” But, Jun Hong didn’t want to listen.

“Look, no matter how hard you train, there will still be a time limit to your transformation.” Dae Hyun knew it was going to be a problem when they decided to storm this castle. “That’s just how it is.” Not before long, Dae Hyun started to discover the advantages and disadvantages of being a hybrid.

“But, you said I’m stronger than most Werewolves.”

“Stop arguing with me, that’s all useless if you fight longer than you can remain in your Werewolf form.”

“So, what?”

“First, drop your attitude.” Dae Hyun smacked the back of the boy’s head. “I am doing you a favor – “

“There’s no time. I need to get as strong as I can.”

“For what?” 

Jun Hong remains silent for a moment and finally reveals his thoughts. “My power is useless for protecting, I have to use it some other way.” His voice came out soft like he was ashamed. “If I didn’t transform back, maybe she wouldn’t have ended up in that state.” Seeing so much blood freaked Jun Hong out for the first time. What made it worst was that he felt it was his fault. If he weren’t so weak, they wouldn’t have been left in that spot.

“So what other way do you want to use it? For revenge?” Dae Hyun figured out the direction the conversation was heading in. “Stop being stupid.” He releases Jun Hong’s hands and steps back, placing his hands on his hips.

Jun Hong pushes himself up and turns to face Dae Hyun. “You don’t understand. Gang Han took everything away from me – how can he live so carefree when I’m like this. It’s not fair.”

“Do you know what happens then?” Dae Hyun questioned. “You will no longer be a victim and he will no longer be a murderer. You kill him and you’ll switch your roles. No one will remember him killing people

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter