Closer

Forget Me Not

                “Key?” I called, as I stood in front of his room. It seems like he wasn’t there. It was too quiet, and besides, no one answered.

                Standing in front of his room made me curious. What is his room like? I’ve been here for a month and two weeks, but I haven’t seen his room. I think it’s okay if I go in?

                His room was simple, and nice. There was a veranda, giving it a nice view of the forest behind his villa. In his room, it seemed peaceful. Like, there wouldn’t be any problem in this world that can’t be solved. Like every little thing has a solution to make it better. Like everything would turn out okay.

                His room was full of books. Different works of famous authors can be seen in his bookshelf. He also has a study table. I walked towards it, and saw a picture of Key with an unfamiliar girl. The girl in the picture is beautiful, maybe she is Key’s girlfriend..

                “What are you doing?” Key’s voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I was so surprised that I almost jumped.

                I looked at him with nervous eyes. “I.. I..”

                He walked towards me, his eyes never leaving me. “Why are you here? What are you doing here in my room?!”

                Tears started to form in my eyes. Key’s anger scared me. I suddenly felt that I don’t want him to get mad at me. I don’t want him to dislike me.

                “You really are a spoiled brat, huh? Everything you want, you get it. Even though others aren’t fine with it. And you think it’s okay for you to enter my room and look through my things? Even without my permission!” Key said in a high tone. He is very angry. I can feel it.

                “I-I’m sorry, Key. I-I didn’t mean to do it. I was just l- -“

                “You really are a spoiled brat, Minyoung! You never cared for others except yourself! Don’t you care if others were hurt with what you did? Spoiled brats really are troublemakers!”

                Tears came out rushing from my eyes. I was hurt with what he said. So, he thinks I’m a troublemaker? “You just see me as a spoiled brat, right? You don’t even care about what I felt when you said those words! I’m tired of people calling me a troublemaker! I thought you were different, Key! I thought you were one of those few people who understand me. But I was wrong! You’re just like them! Don’t judge me as if you know everything about me!”

                Key’s expression suddenly changed. “M-minyoung, I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to. I just got carried aw- -“

                “Enough! That’s enough!” I shouted, and ran away.

                “Minyoung, I’m sorry!”

                I don’t care whether other people see me as a troublemaker. But, Key, seeing me like that? A spoiled brat and a troublemaker? That’s something I can’t take. That’s something that would break my heart.

                I never wanted him to get mad at me, nor hate me, but I just did. And it was because of my stupidity. If I didn’t do it in the first place, this wouldn’t have happened. Things won’t get worse.

                It was just now that I was aware of my surroundings. I was in the middle of the forest behind his villa, and I don’t know the way out.

                “Key, are you there? Please, help me,” I called, as I looked around. “Are you there? Please don’t leave me here!”

                I am afraid. I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t know the way out, and I don’t know if he’ll come and find me.

                I sat down under a big tree, and began crying to myself. This was all that I can do for now. Stay here, and wait for Key. I know that he’ll come. I can feel it.

                It was already dark, and I’m getting more and more afraid as time passes by. It was already cold, and I’m starting to feel uneasy with my surroundings right now. I shouldn’t have run away if only I knew that this would happen.

                “Minyoung, are you there?” I can hear Key’s voice from anywhere near me, and it made me smile.

                I stood up, as I wiped away my tears. “Key! I’m here!”

                The light from his flashlight made me close my eyes, but it didn’t stop my tears from falling. It wasn’t because of sadness this time. It was because of happiness. Happiness, that he was here, to save me.

                I hugged him tight when he reached me, and I was happy that he hugged me back.

                “Key, I thought you wouldn’t come here to find me. I was so scared!” I said, as I cried harder.

                He hugged me tighter. “I’m really sorry, Minyoung. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. I’m really sorry,”

                I just nodded.

                “Uhm.. Key? You can hug Minyoung for as long as you want at home, and besides, it’s getting cold. Do you want her to get sick?” Jjong suddenly said, and it surprised me to see him here, too.

                Key laughed gently as he shook his head.

                “Okay. So, let’s go?”

                Key gestured for me to get on his back. I just nodded, and we started to walk towards the villa.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

                “I’m leaving,” Jjong said, as he waved at us.

                Key smiled. “Yes, thank you, Jjong,”

                Jjong looked at me. “Bye, Minyoung. Take care,” he said, and then left.

                Key sat beside me as he gave me a cup of hot chocolate, my favorite. “Do you like hot chocolate?”

                I nodded. “Yes. So much. It’s my favorite,”

                “That’s good then. Are you hungry?”

                I curled my eyebrows. “A bit?”

                “Do you eat ramen?” he asked, as he went to the kitchen.

                “No, what’s that?”

                He came back, holding a pot on his hands. He placed it on top of the small table in front of the sofa, and sat down the floor.

                “Here, let’s eat,” he said, as he gave me my chopsticks.

                I sat down beside him, and started to eat.

                “Wow, it tastes good,” I said, after eating few.

                “I know, right? It’s my favorite,” he said with a smile, as he ate some again.

                “No wonder it’s your favorite,”

                “How about you? What’s your favorite?”

                “Chocolate. Anything that is chocolate. Chocolate bar, chocolate cake, hot chocolate, anything,” I said with a smile.

                “Girls like chocolate, right?”

                I nodded with a smile.

                He smiled back at me. “Uhm.. Minyoung? I just want to say sorry for what I said. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. Something happened, and I just don’t know what to do, maybe that’s why I didn’t get to control my emotions that time,”

                “What happened? You can tell me if you want to,” I told him, and then tried to smile.

                “You remember the girl in the picture?”

                I nodded.

                “She’s Allison Park, my ex, three years ago,” Key said in a sad tone.

                “What happened?”

                “She broke up with me,”

                “Why?”

                “I don’t know. All that she told me is that, she needs to come back to the US.  We were together for two years, and we were so happy back then. Everything seemed perfect, like she’s the one for me. But I was wrong. Months later after our break-up, I found out that she had another boyfriend in the US during the whole time that we were together. She cheated on me, or she cheated on her other boyfriend in the US. And just this afternoon, she called, after three years without communication. I don’t know where she got my number, and I don’t want to know. She was saying sorry and asking for my forgiveness. She told me she still loves me, and asked if we can be together again. And I refused,”

                “I’m sorry,” I apologized. I held his hand and then smiled.

                He smiled back at me. “It’s okay. It doesn’t matter anymore. She’s just a part of my past now, and I’ve moved on,”

                “But why do you still keep your picture?” I asked curiously.

                “I forgot to throw it away. That’s our last picture,”

                I just nodded, and continued to eat.

                He smiled. “Don’t worry. She’s nothing to me now. You’re the most precious person in the whole world for me.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments are loved~~ Ppyong~