Kangwondo.

Forget Me Not

                “Excuse me, miss. Are you Kim Minyoung?”

                “Yes, I am. Who are you?”  I turned around, and, whoa. A cute, no, not cute. A good-looking guy was standing in front of me. He has a short, black hair, with some red strands. He has that cute and warm smile, and feline eyes that every girl would want to look at. He is very good-looking and hot.

                “So, you’re the spoiled brat,” he suddenly said, and then smirked.

                “W-what?” I found it hard to speak, for I was dumbfounded with what he just said. I mean, for someone who doesn’t know me that well, how did he know that I am a spoiled brat? Is he some kind of fortune teller? Or a psychologist, perhaps. Just one look in my eyes, and he knows what my personality is. “W-who the hell are you?! How dare you speak to me like that?!”

                “Kibum. I am Kim Kibum,” he introduced himself.

                “Yah, Kim Kibum. Why do you know me? Are you my stalker or something?”

                “Relax,” the boastful, yet handsome guy said. “You really don’t know me?”

                “I told you, I don’t know you!” I said in a sharp tone.

                “You don’t remember me?”

                “E-excuse me? H-have we met before?” I asked curiously.

                “Yes, we have,” he said with a smile.

                “W-where? W-when?”

                He smirked. “Miss Kim Minji’s party, five years ago.”

*Flashback*

                I ran fast towards the garden, just to escape from Heejin and our bodyguards who were chasing me. I don’t want them to catch me. I still want to play, since the party was plain, and boring.

                I accidentally bumped into a guy, and we both fell on the ground. I opened my eyes, just to see him staring at me with those cat-like eyes.

               “Sorry,” he said, as he helped me stand up.

               “Oppa, please help me!” I asked for his help, as I looked behind to see if they were anywhere near. And yes, they are near!

               “What happened?” he asked curiously, as he held my shoulders.

                I pointed at the bodyguards. “They’re after me!”

                “Really? Well, let’s go!” he held my hand, and started to run away from those idiots who were after us.

                I guess I found a playmate, and it was this guy.

               “Why are they after you?” he asked, we were still running.

                I shook my head. “I don’t know!” Well, that was a lie, of course. I know those idiots. They are my father’s trusted ‘friends’ whom he asked to go with me and Heejin to this party. Well, my father told us to go home already, but I don‘t want to. The fun hasn’t started yet. And when I accidentally bumped into this guy, I know that this was the fun that I was looking for.

                “Ah!” I suddenly twisted my ankle, which caused us to stop. I was wearing high heels, it isn’t impossible for me to get injured while running, right?

                “Hey! Are you okay?” the boy asked. Well, I don’t know his name.

                “I twisted my ankle,” I told him.

                He suddenly removed my shoes, and kneeled in front of me. “Get on, I’ll carry you,”

                I didn’t move for a while.

                “Faster! Do you want those guys to catch you?” he said, as he picked up my shoes.

                I shook my head, and got on his back.

                This is what fun is all about.

                We ran for about five minutes, until we reached a good place for us to hide. Seriously, this is the fun that I was looking for. And he gave it to me. Nice catch, Minyoung.

                He put me down, and looked around. We stood across each other, as we both breathed heavily.

                “Are you okay?” he asked in a worried tone. He was probably referring to my injured foot.

                I nodded. “Yeah. Thanks,”

                I suddenly felt tired, and felt the urge to surrender to those idiots who are looking for me. I pity them, because they were wearing expensive suits, and they only used it for running after me.

                “Miss Minyoung! Where are you? Please, we need to go home,” I heard Heejin say, begging for me to come out from where I was hiding.

                I sighed. Maybe I need to go out now and reveal myself.

                I got my shoes from him, and walked out from our hiding place.

                “Hey, what are you doing? They’ll see you!” the boy said in a soft voice.

                I raised both of my hands up. “I’m here,”

                Heejin ran towards me, and then smiled. “Miss Minyoung, thank goodness you showed up!”

                “Sorry,” I said and then smiled. I looked at the boy who helped me, and saw his weird expression.

                “W-what’s this all about?” he asked.

                “Sorry. I know them, and she’s my friend. I just want to have fun. And I did, so, thanks,” I said, and then smiled at him.

                “W-what? So you just wasted my time and effort?”

                I shrugged my shoulders. “Sort of,”

                “Aish. Thank you, for wasting my time, and my effort,” he said sarcastically.

                “Don’t worry, I had fun.”

*End of Flashback*

                “Oh, I remember you. Nice to see you again,” I told him, and then smiled sarcastically.

                “See? I told you we met already,”

                “Whatever,”

                “Anyways, your father sent you here, right?”

                I nodded. “So?”

                Kibum laughed. “Wow, he really fooled you, didn’t he?”

                “F-fooled? W-what do you mean?” Right. My father fooled me. Nice. So nice!

                “Well, I am the son of his friend, Kim Joohyun, and he s- -“

                “The hell I care,”

                “Will you please let me finish?”

                “Then start, so that you can finish!” I said, almost shouting. I am a bit irritated by now, because my foot hurts already.

                “How can I start when you keep on interrupting me?!” Well, I guess he also is irritated.

                “Just start!”

                “Well, he talked to me last week, knowing that I was the one who helped you escape from those guys five years ago, and asked for my help, he- -“

                “Help?! Help for what?!” I asked, cutting him off again.

                “I told you to let me finish, right? Can you please keep your mouth shut even for just five minutes, and let me finish what I have to say?!” I guess he was losing his temper now. He closed his eyes, and then sighed. He suddenly smiled. “He asked me to change you from the spoiled brat that you are now, into someone better. Oh, and to teach you household chores,”

                Gosh. Now he’s asking for this guy’s help? My dad really is desperate.

                “Shall we go now?” he asked.

                I nodded. I started walking, leaving my things, because he’s supposed to bring them. I stopped, and saw him pointing to my luggage. He cleared his throat.

                “What?” I asked innocently.

                “Your things?”

                I curled my eyebrows. “My things? What about them?”

                “Are you going to leave these here?”

                Well, I only have one luggage, and I have my shoulder bag with me. What’s the problem with my luggage? Can’t he bring it?

                “Well, be a gentleman, and bring them,” I told him with a sarcastic smile, and started walking again.

                He walked towards my luggage, and pulled them. He stopped in front of me. “Bring your things. These,” he pointed at my luggage.”.. are not mine,” he said with a smirk, and then left.

                This guy really tests my patience, huh? I’m starting to hate him!

                I stomped my feet, as I followed him.

                “Yah! Kim Kibum!” I called.

                “Key, call me Key,”

                “Uhh.. Key, where’s the car?” I asked, and then looked around.

                “There’s no car,”

                “Okay, so I think we’ll be riding a bus?” This will be my first time to ride a bus if ever.

                “Nope,”

                “But how are we going to re- -“

                “We’re going to walk,” WHAT?!

                My eyes widened. “Walk?! Are you sure?”

                He nodded with a smile, and then started to walk.

                Kim Minyoung, I guess you finally found your match.