Not Part of the Plan

Forget Me Not

                “Heejin, where are you?”

                “M-minyoung, I’m a-at ho- -“

                “Heejin, what do you want for dinner?” a familiar voice stop Heejin from speaking. It was Minho. I don’t know why they are together, and I can feel that something happened between the two of them.

                “Yah, Heejin, why are you with Minho, huh?” I asked her in a teasing tone.

                “M-minyoung, I-I’ll just talk to you later, bye!”

                “Hey! Ans- -“  and she hung up. So nice.

                I laughed gently as I placed my phone on my bed. Minho and Heejin look cute together. They are a perfect match.

                I touched my necklace, and sighed. Key already left this afternoon, and I miss him already. I miss him so much. I held my phone, and texted him.

     Key. Baby, I miss you already. I love you.

                I felt like I wanted to leave and follow him there at Kangwondo, but I can’t. My father would go crazy if I leave, and I know that it would cause trouble on Key’s side.

                A knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts. “Miss Minyoung,”

                I stood up, and walked towards the door. “Yes?”

                “Your father wants to talk to you. He’s at his office,”

                “Okay, thank you,”

                “You’re welcome, Miss Minyoung,” she said, and then left.

                What does my father want this time? For me to manage the hotel? If that’s the case, I guess I’ll be fine with it. But if he’ll bring up the topic about me and Minho marrying each other, I won’t.

                “Dad, I’m here,” I said, as I knocked on the door.

                “Come here,”

                I walked towards him, and stopped in front of his desk. “What do you want to talk about?”

                “I can see that you and Minho are very good friends,”

                “Yes, we are. Is there something wrong about that?”

                “Then get ready. Prepare yourself,”

                “Where are you sending me this time?”

                “We’re going to a party,”

                “Party?”

                “Yes. You and Minho will be engaged. An engagement party, to be exact,”

                “A what?!”  This is it. The time I’ve been fearing to arrive..

                “Engagement party. You and Minho will get married. Do you want to get married next month?” he asked with a smile on his face.

                “What? Marriage? But I don’t want to!” Tears came out from my eyes as I said those words.

                “You don’t want to? What’s wrong with Minho, Minyoung? He’s good-looking, nice, and hardworking! What else can you look for a guy? He’s the best choice. You are rejecting one of the most eligible bachelors in South Korea!”

                “I’m not rejecting him, dad. I don’t love him, and he doesn’t love me! he’s just a good friend of mine!”

                “Just marry him! After some time, you’ll be able to love him.”

                “But I don’t love him! I love someone else!”

                “W-what?”

                “Dad, I have a boyfriend. And Minho has a girlfriend! So, stop with this nonsense!”

                “Y-you have a b-boyfriend?”

                “Yes, I have.”

                “Who is he?”

                “Key. His name is Key,”

                “Key? Who’s that guy? Where did you meet him?”

                “Kibum. Kim Kibum, the son of your friend whom you asked to change me from what I was before to what I am now!”

                “Break up with him, Minyoung. Choi Minho is better than him. I’m doing this for you, for your own good,”

                “You’re doing this for me? This is for my own good? You must be kidding me,” I said in a sarcastic tone. “So what if he’s better? Or even the best? How can I marry someone that I don’t love? And how can you plan for my future without asking me? Dad, just like what you said before, I’m twenty three years old! I’m not a little girl anymore! I can decide for myself! I know what’s good for me! I’ll choose the people who I want to be with, and I’ll choose the guy that I would marry! Not you!”

                “Just break up with him,”

                “NO.” I said in a sharp tone, and then left the room.

                “Kim Minyoung!” Don’t turn your back on me! We’re not done yet!”

                I just ignored my father’s words as I ran away. I don’t want to marry Minho. I don’t love him, and he doesn’t love me. I don’t want to get married to a person that I don’t love. Our lives would just get ruined if this nonsense continues.

               And how can he ask me to break-up with Key? To leave the guy that I love the most? How did he know that Minho’s better than Key, when he doesn’t even know him? I’ll hate my father more because of this.

              I reached our garage, and got in my car. I dialed Onew oppa’s number as I started the engine.

              “Oppa, where are you?” I asked between sobs.

              “Minyoung, are you crying? What happened?” Onew oppa asked in a worried tone.

              “I’ll just tell you later, just tell me where you are right now,”

              “I’m at home,”

              “Can you meet me by the restaurant where we usually eat?”

             “Sure. Be safe, okay?”

             “Okay, oppa. Always remember that I love you, okay? And thank you, thank you for everything. Tell Taemin that I love him, too, okay?”

             “Minyoung, stop talking like that, you’re making me nervous,”

            “Just keep that in mind, okay?”

            “Okay. Just take care of yourself, drive safely, okay?”

            “Okay. Bye,”

            “Bye,” he said, and then I hung up.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________