Jealous

Forget Me Not

                “Hyorin is here.”

                With that one sentence, Key rushed to the door and left.

                He almost kissed me! Well, if it wasn’t because of Jonghyun, we could’ve kissed.. And that would be my first kiss..

                But our lips touched! OUR LIPS TOUCHED! What should I call that thing? First touch?

                “He just left you like that, huh?” Jjong’s voice pulled me out of my thoughts. He is sitting beside me, scanning the pile of books by the coffee table.

                I didn’t answer, and just looked down.

                Jonghyun is right. Upon hearing Hyorin’s name, he left. Just like that. Without a word. For the record, he almost kissed me.

                “Minyoung?” Jjong waved his hand in front of my face, probably trying to catch my attention.

                I looked at him, and blinked. “What?”

                “Are you listening? I feel like I am talking to myself, you know,”

                “S-sorry. I was lost in my thoughts. What were you saying a while ago?”

                “I just asked you, what was ‘that’?”

                “What ‘that’?”

                He made kissing sounds. “That.”

                I blushed. “I-i don’t know..”

                He raised his eyebrows. “Oh really?” he asked in a sarcastic tone.

                “R-really.”

                “Maybe, if I didn’t interrupt, maybe you two did it.”

                “M-maybe..”

                “I’m such a moment ruiner. Sorry,” he said, with a V-sign.

                “B-by the way.. Is Key close with Hyorin?” I asked, since I want to know what kind of relationship Key and Hyorin have.

                Jjong nodded. “They are very, very close. I met Hyorin first, but she became closer to Key. I don’t know what Key has, but Hyorin wants to talk to him more. Whenever she has problems, Key is the first person she calls. Whenever Key has problems, like when his ex broke up with him five years ago, he told Hyorin first, but, hello? I’m his best friend? Anyways. You can’t separate them when they are together. They are like spoon and fork, chopsticks, earrings, shoes, slippers, or anything that wouldn’t work alone. In short, they can’t live without each other.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

                So.. Key and Hyorin are very close.. Maybe, she is Key’s girlfriend. But why didn’t he tell me?

                Yeah, right. He doesn’t need to tell me. We’re just friends. JUST FRIENDS..

                Maybe not.. the best words to describe our relationship is.. teacher-student relationship.. he teaches me chores, and I learn from him. So clearly, it isn’t his obligation to tell me some things about his private life.

                “Minyoung, have you had dinner yet?” Key suddenly appeared by the front door.

                Jjong left a while ago, when his mom called him for dinner. He didn’t leave me the whole afternoon, telling me some things about himself, or sometimes, about Key.

                I shook my head, and then closed the book that I was reading. Well.. I wasn’t really reading it. I was just holding it.

                He placed the plastic bag he was holding on the table, and started to unwrap it. “Here. Hyorin made this, they asked me to eat dinner with them, but I refused. I don’t want you to eat alone.”

                “I’m fine, Key. You don’t have to worry about me. You should’ve eaten dinner with them.”

                “But I want to eat dinner with you, Minyoung.”

                I shook my head. “No, I’m fine. I would not eat dinner.” I stood up, and headed to the stairs. I quickly went to my room, and locked the door.

                I admit it. I am jealous.. I never thought that Key would have someone like Hyorin in his life.. Knowing that she is very special to him.. It breaks my heart? I really don’t know.. but.. I feel uneasy. This feeling is very new to me.. I’ve never liked a guy before.. I just spent the past eight years of my life grieving for my mother’s death..

                I slowly lied down on the floor, and curled into a ball. Slowly, tears started to fall from my eyes, and I don’t know why.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Minyoung..” a knock on  the door woke me up. I looked at the clock, 10:15PM. I didn’t notice that I fell asleep..

                “Why?” I asked weakly. I held onto my bed for support, and headed to the mirror. I quickly checked my face, there are still traces of tears visible. I wiped them away with my hands, and headed to the door.

                Just when I was about to open it, the doorknob twisted, and the door suddenly opened.

                “What took you so long? I was so worried, I already used my keys,” Key said, as he picked up the tray of food from the floor.

                “I was sleeping.” I plainly answered.

                He eyed my bed as he entered my room, and then raised his eyebrow. “Sleeping?”

                “I fell asleep on the floor.”

                He just nodded, and suddenly sat down on the floor. “Let’s eat dinner together,”

                I shook my head. “I told you, I don’t want to.”

                “But I want to eat dinner with you.” He started eating. He even offered me some, but I refused. Instead, I headed to my bed,  and lied down.

                “Just turn off the lights when you’re done.” I told Key, and covered myself with the blanket.

                I suddenly felt the blanket being pulled way, and in cue, a pair of strong arms picked me up from my bed. I opened my eyes, and tried my very best to escape from his arms.

                “Put me down!” I shouted, as I hit Key’s chest.

                He smirked. “Eat or I’ll kiss you.”

                I was frozen. For a minute, the world stopped. I felt something inside of me.. Anger?

                Why would he want to kiss me, when he has Hyorin?..

                He laughed gently, as he put me down, and started eating his dinner. I slowly sat down beside him, and forced the food into my mouth. I really don’t want to eat..

                “Just in case you don’t know,” Key broke the awkward silence between the two of us. “Hyorin is Jjong’s fiancé.” He smiled at me. “No need to be jealous.”