Nothing but chores.. Chores.. and Key

Forget Me Not

                 I didn’t sleep well that night, and I don’t know why.

                The next morning, I saw Jonghyun standing by the piano as I went downstairs. He was talking to Key, who was preparing our breakfast. He was smiling, but his smile slowly faded when he saw me. I guess he was still hurt with what happened last night.

                “Jonghyun,” I said as I walked towards him. He looked at me, and I sighed. “I-I’m s-sorry with w-what I did last night. I didn’t mean to, and I’d try my best to change. I’m really sorry. Can you forgive me?”

                I looked at Key, and he smiled at me. He raised both of his thumbs up, and then winked at me.

                I smiled back at him, and then looked at Jonghyun.

                He smiled. “I’m not mad at you, okay?”

                “Really?”

                “Yup yup,” he said with a nod.

                I smiled at him. “Thank you, Jonghyun,”

                “Jjong, call me Jjong,”

                I nodded with a smile. “Okay. Thanks, Jjong,”

                Key walked towards us. He placed his left arm around my shoulder, and, ouch. I felt electricity running all over my body. What is this? Why is this bothering me? Whatever feeling is this, go away!

                I tried to ignore it, and tried to smile.

                He smiled at. “Now that you two are okay, can we eat breakfast? I’m starving,”

                We all laughed as we walked towards the dining table, and ate our breakfast happily.

                Mission accomplished, Minyoung. Well done.

                                    ~*~

                “Minyoung, wake up,”

                “I’m still sleepy, Heejin. One more hour, please,” I said absentmindedly, with my eyes closed.

                “Wake up. Now,”

                “I don’t want to,”

                “Wake up, now!”

                “I told you I don’t want to!” I said in an irritated tone, as I got up from bed. I looked around, and saw Key standing beside my bed. I blushed out of embarrassment, as I bit my lower lip.

                I’ve been here for two weeks already, but still, I am not used to my new surroundings.

                He smirked. “I’m not Heejin,”

                I pouted. “What time is it?”

                “Seven o’clock,”

                “Why do you need to wake me up this early? What do you want?” I asked, as I stood up.

                “You’ll be sweeping the front yard, wash your clothes and clean the whole house,”

                “What? I’m going to do it all? By myself?”  I’ve never done any chores before, since I was young, then he’ll ask me to do a bunch of chores in just one day?

                “I’ll help. A bit,” he said with a smirk, as he left my room.

                “A bit? Why not help me at all?” I asked, as I followed him towards the kitchen.

                “It’s my job to train you, not to do the chores at all. And besides, you need to learn? How can you learn if I will make things easier for you?”

                “Okay, okay,” Like I can do anything about it.

                We ate breakfast, and went outside so that I can sweep the front yard.

                “Here’s the broomstick. I want the front yard clean, okay?” he said, as he handed me the broomstick.

                I just nodded, and he went to sit down the swing.

                I started sweeping, even though I just literally pushed all the dried leaves towards the dust pan. I was just messing around, since I don’t really know what to do.

                I looked at Key. He was reading a book. A novel, I guess, written by some author I don’t know. I really don’t read books, I just know Stephenie Meyer, who wrote The Twilight Saga, which I bought, but just stocked it up on my desk at home, after reading the first chapter of the first book.

                I knew a bit about Key after staying here for five days. One thing that he loves to do is to nag. My ears would burst anytime when he starts to nag at me about leaving my bed untidy, or leaving my clothes scattered on the floor. He’s like a mom. Like my mom. And being with him, makes me miss my mom more than I do right now..

                “Minyoung, what are you doing?” Key’s voice pulled me out of my thoughts. To my surprise, he was standing beside me by now. I didn’t even notice him walk towards me.

                I looked at him with startled eyes, and smiled innocently. “What?”

                “Why aren’t you working? What are you looking at?” he looked at the direction where I was looking at before I looked at him. “There’s nothing there. Do you see a ghost there?”

                I hit him lightly. “Of course not! What makes you think that I have a third eye?”

               "Nothing. Just continue what you’re doing,” he said, and started to walk towards the swing again.

               “Wait,” I said, and he stopped.

               He looked at me, and then raised his eyebrow. “Yes?”

               “How should I do this?” I asked, as I scratched my head.

                He placed his book on the swing, and went to get the other broomstick. He walked towards me, and then sighed.

               “You hold it like this,” he said, as he showed me the proper way to hold the broomstick.

               “Then?” I said, after copying what he did.

               “Start sweeping,” he said, and then smiled.

               “Can you help me?” I asked shyly, then bit my lower lip.

                He laughed gently. “Okay, okay,”

                We started to sweep the front yard, and when we were done, I felt like playing. I walked towards the bunch of dried leaves, and held some.

                I walked towards Key. “Hey,”

               “Wha- -“ he didn’t finish his sentence, because I already threw the leaves at him.

                I ran away from him. “Mehrong!”

               “Yah!” he said with a smirk, as he ran after me, and tried to catch me. “I’ll catch you!”

               “You won’t!” I said, as I ran faster.

                He wrapped his arms around my waist when he caught me, and laid me on the ground, with him on top of me.

                I blushed as my heartbeat raced, but kept my mouth shut.

                He smirked. “Told you,”

                I pouted, as he helped me stand up. “You’re so confident about yourself,”

              “Of course,” he said, and then smirked again. “Clean this up, then we’ll start cleaning the house,” he picked up his book from the swing, and went inside.

              What was that for? Why did he do it?

              Aish, this stupid feeling starts to bother me again!

             Stupid heart, keep quiet!

                                                  ~*~

            “What am I supposed to do in here?” I asked Heejin, as we talked through the phone.

             Luckily, she checked on me. What a good secretary.

            “I don’t know, Miss Minyoung. I’m very sorry,”

            “I forgot my laptop in the car! Why didn’t you send it here? I’m so bored to death..” I mumbled, complaining like a little kid who didn’t get what she wanted.

             But it’s true. I am so bored. And I have nothing to do. Just chores.. chores.. chores.. ENDLESS CHORES.

            “Your father told us not to, Miss Minyoung. It’s part of the tr—“

             “It’s part of the training, I know. I know. But could you at least send my iPod? Or iPad?” I asked, trying to trick her. I hope it will work.. *crossed fingers*

             She sighed. “I’ll try, Miss Minyoung. But pr—“

             Before she could finish, someone snatched my phone from behind.

             Key.

            “Don’t send any gadgets in here, okay? Minyoung is completely fine, and she’s having lots of fun!” Key said sarcastically, and then turned to look at me.

             I glared at him, but he ignored me.

            “Yes.. Yes. She’s fine. Tell Mr. Kim that his daughter is doing a very good job. Yes. I assure you, she’ll be safe here,” he looked me in the eyes, and then smiled. “She’ll be safe with me.”

             She’ll be safe with me. It was music to my ears. Hearing those words from Key made my heartbeat race. He sounded serious, and sincere. By the time he said that phrase, he looked at me straight in the eyes. His feline eyes looked like they were telling a message, a message which he can’t tell me directly..

                           “Hey!” a snap pulled me out of my thoughts.

              I blinked, and after the third, I saw Key, with an eyebrow raised as he stood in front of me. “What?”

             “What are you thinking?”

              I was thinking about you. “Nothing. That’s none of your business.”

              He leaned in closer, until his nose touched mine. I blushed, as I gulped, feeling his hot breath against my blushing cheeks.

              In a blink of an eye, he moved away, laughing.

              “Are you laughing at me?!” I asked in a sharp tone as I crossed my arms.

               He smiled, as he pointed his forefinger at me. “You’re thinking of me a while ago, right?”

               What?! How did he find out? “N-no, I’m not!” well, that was a lie. Obviously.

               “I can read minds, you know,”

                I curled my eyebrows. “Oh really?”

                He smirked. “Yeah~ so, do you still deny the fact that you were thinking of me a while ago?”

               “I’m not denying it, because it’s true. You’re so confident about yourself, Kim Kibum.”

                He made a face, and then sat beside me. “Let’s make a deal.”

               “What kind of deal?”

               “Whenever you think of me, you,” he pointed at me, then at his cheek. “.. would give me a kiss on the cheek. And I would if I think about you.”

               I didn’t answer. Seriously, what kind of deal is this? Is he crazy?

               “So, is it a deal? Yes or yes?” he offered his hand.

                I shook his hand, and then smiled. “Deal.” Like I have a choice.

                Without letting go of my hand, he suddenly kissed my cheek. He quickly let go of my hand, and headed to the stairs.

                I am in a daze right now. O.O

                Why on earth did he do that? What was that for?

               “W-what was that for?” I stuttered.

                He looked at me. “Oh, that?” he smirked. “You were on my mind a while ago.”