Fairytale Ending

Forget Me Not

(Nine months later)

“Congratulations on your baby girl, Hyorin!” I said, as I entered the room.

Hyorin just gave birth to a healthy baby girl last night, and I’m here to visit them.

“Thank you, Minyoung,” Hyorin said with a smile.

I placed the basket of fruits on top of the table, and smiled. I looked at Jonghyun, who was carrying the baby girl. “Hey Jjong,”

“Sshh!” he hushed me. “Our baby girl’s sleeping,”

I smirked. “You’re over reacting, Jjong. I would not wake her up. Can I carry her?”

Jjong pouted, as he handed me the baby.

I smiled, as I looked at the baby. “She’s very cute. What would you name her?”

“I still don’t know,” Hyorin said, as she got up.

“Hey, hey! Don’t move. What do you want?” Jjong suddenly said, as he hurriedly walked towards Hyorin.

Hyorin hit him  lightly. “You’re over reacting again, Jjong. Stop it. I just want some apple,”

“Then give her, Jjong. Don’t make your wife wait,” I told him, and then smiled.

“Okay okay,” Jjong got the knife, and started cutting the apples. “Here,” he handed Hyorin the apples.

"Hey! Give me some, too!” I said with a pout.

Jjong laughed gently. “Aww, the nanny is hungry. Here,”

“I’m not the nanny, okay?” I told him, as I ate the apple. “Where’s Auntie Minji and Auntie Jihyeon?”

“They went home to get Jjong some clothes. He wouldn’t leave,” Hyorin said, and then smiled.

“Of course, I will never leave my wife, and our baby,” he said, and then hugged Hyorin.

“Hey, hey! Cut it out! You’re too sweet! I can’t stand it already,” I told them with a pout.

Jjong smirked. “You’re just jealous, Minyoung. Just tell him to come home already, marry you, and have a baby already,”

I threw him the pillow from the couch with my free hand. “Shut up,”

“We’re here!” the door opened, and Sooyoung, Yuri and Seohyun showed up.

“Oh my God,” Jjong whispered, but it was loud enough for me to hear.

"Congratulations, Hyorin!” Sooyoung said, and then pushed Jjong away to hug her best friend.

Jjong stood beside me, and then sighed. “She’s still the same. She still pushes me away just to hug her,”

I laughed gently. “That’s what you get for making her cry before, you know,”

He sighed heavily. “Is this a lifetime punishment?”

"More than a lifetime, Jjong. Remember that,” I told him, and then smiled.

“Hey Minyoung,” Yuri greeted, as she walked towards me. “Key’s not yet here?”

I nodded.

“Can I carry the baby?” Sooyoung asked, as she hurriedly walked towards me. “Aww, she’s so cute!”

Jjong shook his head. “You can’t carry my baby,”

“Who says she can’t?” I told Jjong, and then handed the baby to Sooyoung.

Sooyoung smiled at me. She stuck her tongue out like a five-year-old towards Jjong, and then walked towards Hyorin and Seohyun.

“I hate you, too, Minyoung,” Jjong said with a pout.

“When is Key coming back?” Yuri suddenly asked.

I shook my head, and then smiled. “I don’t know, but I’m willing to wait for him, no matter how long it will take.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________

(Three months later)

It’s been a year since Key left. Exactly three hundred and sixty-five days that he isn’t by my side. And I miss him. I miss him so much.

Many things happened during this past year.

Onew oppa finally found a girl that can make him happy, and he’s planning to ask her to be his girlfriend this coming weekend. Minho and Heejin got married two months ago, and she’s one month pregnant already. Minho also became my dad’s business partner, that’s why I often see him at our hotel. Hyorin gave birth to a healthy baby girl three months ago, and they named her Younha. And Taemin, my dongsaeng, is in love. He’s in love with Minho’s younger sister, Sooyeon, who is a spoiled brat, too. I can see my old self in her.

I am at the poolside with Taemin that night. He is upset, because of Sooyeon.

“Noona, what should I do for Sooyeon to notice me?” he asked in a sad tone.

I raised my eyebrow. “You like her, right?”

“Noona, help me! What should I do? She kept on ignoring me whenever we see each other,”

I pinched his nose, and laughed gently when he winced in pain. “Aigoo, my dongsaeng is in love,”

“Aish! Girls are really hard to understand,” he said, and then pouted.

“Don’t look at it that way, Taemin. Just give her time, and maybe, he’ll be able to notice your efforts. Try to be friends with her first,”

“I think it will not be that easy,”

“Don’t be impatient, Taemin. You can do it, fighting!”

“Fighting,” he said in a dull tone, as he raised his fist.

I looked around, and saw Sooyeon walking towards us.

“Hey Taemin, there’s Sooyeon,” I told him, as I patted his back.

“Noona, stop joking,”

“But I’m not joking, Taemin. She’s really here,”

“Noona!” he suddenly stood up, and was surprised to see Sooyeon in front of him. He blushed hard, and smiled at her awkwardly. “S-sorry,”

I smirked. “Told ‘ya,”

Sooyeon smiled. “Oppa,”

Taemin looked at her with bright eyes. “Yes?”

“I just want to say sorry for my rude behavior this past days, I just don’t know how to act whenever you’re around,”

“R-really? Oh, don’t think about it that much. I-I’m fine with it,” Taemin said with a smile.

Sooyeon smiled. “Thank you, oppa,”

“Would you like to grab something to eat?”

She nodded shyly with a blush on her fluffy cheeks. “S-sure,”

 Taemin looked at me with a bright smile. “Noona, we better go,”

I smiled back at him. “Go ahead. Have fun,”

Before leaving, he looked at me again, and smiled.

I sat by the small table by the pool. I looked at the night sky, and held my necklace. I closed my eyes, hoping that Key would be back soon. And when I opened my eyes, I saw him.

Key was standing in front of me, holding a box of cake and a bouquet of lavender. He smiled at me, as he placed the box on top of the table.

“Did you miss me?” he asked, as he held my hand.

I suddenly feel like teasing him. A very good idea entered my mind, and I’m sure that it will startle him.

I smiled awkwardly at him. “Who are you?”

The expression on his face suddenly changed. “M-minyoung, stop joking. This isn’t a good joke, you know,”

“I’m not joking, I really don’t know you,”

“M-minyoung, please,” he pleaded, as tears fell from his eyes.

I held his hand. “Key, I’m sorry. I was just jok—“

He cut me off with a kiss, and then hugged me tight. “Minyoung, do you know how that little joke broke my heart? I was afraid to lose you again!”

I hugged him tighter. “I’m sorry, okay? I didn’t think that you’ll believe me,”

He smiled, as I wiped away the tears left in his cheeks. “Anyways, did you miss me?”

I crossed my arms. “No, of course not,”

He sat by the edge of the pool, and held my hand. He smiled. “Oh, c’mon. I know you did,”

I smiled back as I sat beside him. I rested my head on his shoulder, and held his hand tighter. “Fine, you win. I missed you. I missed you so much,”

He kissed my hand. “I miss you more,”

“So, how was your stay there?”

“I had lots of fun at the Philippines. I was able to spend some time with my mom, which I haven’t done in six years because of our family business there,”

I pouted. “So, you’re saying that you had lots of fun without me?”

He kissed my pouty lips. “Of course not. I think of you every minute. I always tell myself, ‘This would be better if Minyoung is here with me.’”

“Really?”

“Yes, believe me! And if you want to, I’ll be very happy to take you there and meet my mom,”

I smiled. “Okay, okay. I believe you,”

“By the way, there’s something that they taught me, and I want you to hear it,”

“What is it?”

“Ma--.. ma--.. Aigoo! What was that again?” Key stopped, and scratched his head.

I just laughed gently as I saw his irritated expression. Even though he’s irritated, he still looks cute.

His face suddenly brightened up. “Ah, I remember it already,” he looked at me in the eyes, and then cleared his throat. “Mahal kita, Minyoung. Mahal na mahal kita,”

I laughed gently after hearing him speak in another language with a twisted tongue. He looked cuter than he really is.

He blushed out of embarrassment. “Y-yah! Do you even know what that means?”

I shook my head with a smile. “What does that mean, huh?”

“I love you. I love you so much. That’s what it means,” he smiled. “I love you, Minyoung. I love you with all my heart. You were always in my mind during the whole time that I was away,”

“Me, too,” I faced him, and our noses touched.

“Minyoung, I love you,” he said, as his lips got closer to mine. He kissed me passionately, and I can see the smile on his face as our lips parted away from each other. I smiled, as I pinched his nose.

He suddenly kneeled in front of me, and got a small red box from his pocket. He opened it with a smile. “Kim Minyoung, will you marry me? Will you spend the rest of your life with me, as my wife?”

I am shocked. I am speechless. Words won’t come out from my mouth as I tried to speak. All that I was able to do was nod, as tears of joy came out rushing from my eyes.

“Is it a yes?” Key asked in anticipation.

I just nodded with a big smile on my face. I wore the ring, and he hugged me tight.

We both stood up, and walked towards the table. We opened the box, and I smiled, for it was a chocolate cake.

I looked at Key with a smirk, as I shoved the chocolate icing, and wiped them all on his face. I smiled as I ran away. Key ran after me, and hugged me tight when hecaught me.

“I love you, Minyoung,” he said, and kissed my cheek.

“I love you, too, Key,” I said, and I kissed his lips.

We both ran around the pool again, with smiles on our faces. Just like before. Just like how our love started, and it was because of a piece of cake.

*End*

______________________________________________________________________