Forgiveness

Forget Me Not

“Dad, why did you do this to me?” I asked my father, as we stood across each other inside his office. “Why did you make me believe that Minho is my fiancé, when in the matter of fact, he’s not even my boyfriend?!”

After saying goodbye to Key, Minho and I went back to the hotel to clear things up with my father. I want to know the reason why he did all of this.

“Minyoung, calm down,” Minho said, as he held my arms.

“No, Minho. I can’t! I want to know the reason why!” I looked at my father again. “Why did you do it, Dad? I want to know the reason why!”

 “I’ll go ahead, Minyoung,” Minho said, as he tried to leave.

“No. Stay here,”

“Calm down, Minyoung. I’ll explain everything to you,” my father said in a calm voice.

“Then, what are you waiting for?!”

“You got into an accident, because of that guy. You ran away, because you don’t want to get married to another man besides him. And that tells me, that you love him so much. That you’re willing to do anything for him.

“How come he didn’t know about it?!”

“Just after the accident, I paid all of the newspapers here in South Korea and told them not to publish anything about your accident. Whenever he would call at our hotel, or go here in the past months, the staff will always tell him that you’re in a meeting, a business trip, or on a vacation. And he believed it.”

“Why did you do that?!”

“It’s because I want to know how great that guy is, for you to love him that much. When the doctor told me that you had partial amnesia, I knew that it was the perfect chance for me to prove that he’s worth it, that he’s the best choice for my beloved daughter.

“I talked to Minho’s father about this, and asked for his help. And gladly, he agreed to help me. I even talked to Jinki and Taemin to help me, so don’t blame them if they didn’t tell you the truth.

“I want to apologize to you, Minho, because you were involved in this problem without knowing everything. And tell Heejin that I am very sorry, too. I’m very sorry,” my father said, and then sighed.

“W-what? Y-you did it for m-me?” I stuttered; surprised with everything that I heard.

My father nodded. “Yes, I did everything for you. And I saw how your heart broke when you left him there by the poolside, and how you cried when he bid goodbye to you last night at the cemetery. I saw it all, Minyoung,”

“Dad, why did you do this? What if I married Minho without knowing the truth? What if I didn’t remember? Minho’s life would be ruined! Heejin’s life would be ruined! My life would be ruined! Everybody’s life would be ruined!” tears came out from my eyes as Minho tried to calm me down.

“Minyoung, please, calm down,” Minho repeated, as he made me sit on the chair.

“There really isn’t any wedding. All of this is just a show. If Minho didn’t tell you the truth a while ago, I would have been the one who did. I’m really sorry, Minyoung,” my father hugged me tight, trying to comfort me. “Will you forgive me?”

“I’ll go ahead, sir,” Minho said, and then left.

“Dad,” I cried harder, as I hugged my father tight. It is my first time to hug my father again, after eight long years.

“Please forgive me, Minyoung, for all the things that I did in the past, and until now. I just don’t know how to raise you after you’re mother passed away eight years ago,” my father asked for my forgiveness once again.

I am ready to forgive my father, to forget all the bad things that happened in the past, which pushed him away from me. After eight years of giving me a cold treatment, everything, is nothing for me now.

“I forgive you, Dad. I want to say sorry, too, Dad. Please forgive me, for being a spoiled brat in the past years,” I finally said, and then smiled.

“You don’t have to say sorry, Minyoung. I’m not mad at you. And thank you for accepting my apology,” my father wiped away the remaining tears in my cheeks, and then smiled. “Aigoo, my little princess grew up already. Even faster than I thought,”

I laughed gently, as I hugged my father again. “I love you, daddy,”

“I love you too, my little princess.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looks like I'm in a hurry. Hehe. The last chapter is up next ^^

Hope this chapter answered all of your questions. If not, tell me. :)

I just have questions. I hope you will all answer.

1. Is it necessary for me to write Minho's POV about the whole amnesia thingy?

2. Should I rewrite this story using Key's POV?

3. Do you enjoy reading this story?

Answers are appreciated. :)

Don't forget to comment and subscribe!

PPYONG~

--iheartkibum