Kim Jonghyun

Forget Me Not

                “Jjong told me that you became Key’s girlfriend just this afternoon. Is that true?” Hyorin asked with a bright smile.

                I nodded. “Yes, just this afternoon,”

                “Well, that’s good for Key. He finally found a girl that can make him happy. He had been alone for three years already, and Jjong was really worried about him. You came just in time,” she told me, and then smiled.

                I smiled back at her. “Well, he came just in time to save me, too,”

                “To save you?” she asked, looking a little confused.

                I nodded. “Yes. He saved me from turning into a total freak,”

                Hyorin laughed gently. “Yeah, right. Jjong told me about that, too,”

                “Wow. I guess they don’t keep secrets from each other,”

                “Yes, they don’t,”

                “Can I ask you something?”

                “Sure,”

                “I was just curious. How did you and Jjong met? I want to know the story, because Key said that your love story was like a fairytale that came true,”

                Hyorin smiled. “Well, Jonghyun and I met eight years ago. I was fifteen, and he was sixteen that time. Our parents arranged our marriage since then, and we can’t do anything about it. We’re going to marry each other whether we like it or not.

                “Jjong wasn’t really my type, but I liked him ever since the first time we met. We always fight like cats and dogs whenever we see each other, before we became friends after three years. Ever since we became friends, he showed me the real him, which is kind, sweet, caring, thoughtful, and loveable. And I fell in love with him even more.

                “But he didn’t like me, and I had a hard time moving on after he told me he can’t love me. He can’t love me, because he was waiting for the girl in his dreams, which is the one he loves, to arrive.

                “My parents knew how many sufferings I’ve been through just because of the engagement. My dad died because of a car accident, and before he died, he told me that I can cancel the engagement if I want to. And months after, I did.

                “Jonghyun and I didn’t see each other for a year, and I was surprised when he gave me a bouquet of roses when he visited our coffee shop. He told me, that finally, he knew that I was the girl in his dreams, and he was very sorry for hurting me before. I didn’t say ‘yes’, because I’ve had enough, and I don’t want to get hurt again.

                “He almost died, just to prove to me that he really loves me, and I was really guilty. I don’t want him to be in danger just because of me, that’s why I chose to stay away from him after he got fine. But he insisted that he’s better off dead, than be without me. And little by little, I finally found out that I can’t be without him, too. And now, here I am, about to become Mrs. Kim next week,” Hyorin finished with a big smile on her face.

                “Wow,” was all that I can say. What Key told me before was true. Their love story was really like a fairytale that came true. “I think you two really are destined to be together,”

                “Minyoung,” Jjong called, as he walked towards us. “My mom would like to meet you,”

                “C’mon, Minyoung. Omma wants to meet you,” Hyorin said, and then pulled me towards the direction where Jjong’s mother is.

                Key was also there, talking to Jjong’s mother. He smiled when he saw me, and stretched his hand for me to reach.

                I smiled back at him as I held his hand.

                “So, you are Minyoung?” Jjong’s mother asked.

                I nodded with a smile. “Yes, ma’am. I am Kim Minyoung. It’s very nice to meet you, ma’am, and happy birthday,”

                She smiled back at me. “Thank you, dear! Nice to meet you, too. I am Kim Minji, and I am Jonghyun’s mother. Are you Kim Minwoo’s daughter?” Mrs. Kim asked me.

                I nodded. “Yes, ma’am. Kim Minwoo is my father,”

                Mrs. Kim smiled. “Call me Auntie Minji,”

                I nodded with a smile. “Yes, Auntie Minji,”

                “Your father is a very good friend of Jjong’s father,”

                “Oh, I see,”

                She smiled again. “Anyways, Key is like a son to me already. I’ve known him for almost twelve years, and I’m very glad to know that he already has a girlfriend. Finally! After three, long years of waiting. I know you’re going to take good care of each other. As Key’s second mother, I give you my blessing,”

                Jjong laughed gently. “Mom, you’re too serious,”

                “I need to be, getting married is a serious thing, Jjong,”

                “But mom,” Key said, and then sighed. “I’m not getting married yet,”

                Key calls Jjong’s mother ‘mom’? Cool. I mean, it’s nice to see that these two guys are like real brothers, even with their parents.

                Auntie Minji smiled. “Oh, I guess I’m wrong. I was too excited. I’m very sorry,” she laughed gently. “I’ll leave the four of you now. It’s nice to meet you, Minyoung, my other future daughter-in-law. See you on Jjong’s wedding!” she said, and then left.

                I was surprised on how Jjong’s mother can be so welcoming. Even though she’s not Key’s mother, she takes care of Key a lot, like he was her own son. And I was amazed with that.

                Jjong, on the other hand, is very lucky to have Hyorin by his side. She’s pretty, sweet, nice and very friendly. Like all the good things in the world wrapped up in one with a ribbon on it.

                The party was over. The night was silent, and the cool wind was brushing through my hair as we walked on our way home. It was just three houses away, and I have no problem with that.

                “Minyoung,” Key suddenly said. He looked at me, and then smiled.

                “Yes?”

                We both stopped walking. He kissed me on the forehead. “Nothing. I just want to tell you how much I love you,”

                I pinched his nose. “And I know that already,”

                “I’m just reminding you, so that you won’t forget,”

                “I’ll never forget that you love me, Key. I promise,”

                “I love you, Minyoung,”

                Key gave me a quick kiss. He smiled, and then laughed gently.

                “I love you more, Key. And always remember that.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong~ I'm back with two chapters!

Hope you enjoyed my updates!

Comments are loved~~ ! And I love you all! <3

Ppyong~