Talking to my Mom

Forget Me Not

“Mom, I’m here,” I said, as I placed the basket of flowers in front of my mom’s grave. “Key’s here, too. You met him already, right? But I can’t remember it clearly,”

Key smiled. “We’re here again, ma’am,”

We both sat down on the grass, and silence followed.

"I know you want to talk to your mom,” Key suddenly said.

I nodded.

He stood up. “I’ll be in the car. I want to give you privacy,”

I held his hand to stop him. “No. Just stay here, don’t leave me. I trust you,”

He nodded, and sat beside me again.

“Mom,” I said, and then tears came out from my eyes. I wiped them away, and tried to smile. “I-I’m getting married tomorrow, but still, I am confused. I don’t know what to believe anymore. I don’t know if all of these are true or just mere lies. I’m getting married to Choi Minho. Do you know him? You know, I don’t feel anything special when I’m with him. I don’t feel anything. He finds it hard to answer simple questions, just like how he proposed to me. I don’t know what to do anymore.”

I cried harder. “And there was this guy in my dreams, asking me if I remember him. But I still don’t know him. I want to know who he is, because I can feel that he’s very important to me. that he’s a very important part of my life, that I can’t live without him. I felt that I lost something, a necklace to be exact, which that person gave me. I don’t know what to do anymore. Please, help me, mom,”

Key hugged me tight. “D-don’t cry, Minyoung. Please, don’t cry. It hurts me to see you like this,”

I hugged him tighter, as I buried my face in his chest.

I got away from his hug, and saw him looking at me with sad eyes. There were traces of tears in his cheeks. He caressed my face, and suddenly, the distance between our faces vanished.

I wasn’t able to move as his lips touched mine. I don’t know why, but I felt good as he kissed me.

He tried to smile, as his lips got away from mine. “Do you remember anything? Anything about us?”

I stood up. “You shouldn’t have done that, Key! Nothing came back! I am engaged, and I am getting married tomorrow! I am happy with my life now!”

“B-but you said you were confused,” he said in a low voice, as he held my arms.

“Yes, I am! But that isn’t a good reason for you to kiss me!”

“But I am your boyfriend, Minyoung! And I can’t take it anymore, hiding everything from, you! Trying to help you remember everything about me, everything about us!”

“If you really are my boyfriend, why didn’t you show up three months ago? You’re three months late, Key! I am happy with my life now, so stop bothering me!”

“Are you really happy with him? Is he better than me?” he asked in a low voice.

“Yes!” I lied again. I cried harder, and he suddenly hugged me tight.

“Sshh. Don’t cry. I don’t want to see you crying like that. If you can remember, I-i told you before that I’ll hold onto you as long as you want me to. B-but now you’re telling me to stop,” he unwrapped his arms off me. “T-that’s why here I am. Letting you go, even if it hurts so much,”

He cried harder, but tried to compose his expression. “I-i love you so much, M-minyoung. I’m letting you go, because that’s what you want me to do. I love you, enough for me to let you go, and be happy even if it means that I need to stay away from you, to leave your side forever. I wish you a happy married life with Minho. Goodbye, Minyoung,” he kissed me in the forehead, and then tried to smile before he left.

I know that everything I said were lies. I don’t know why I was able to say those things to him. Everything that I said came out of my mouth without thinking.

I was still there, watching him leave. I cried harder, as I watch him slowly disappearing. It hurts me to see him walking away from me. Somehow, I felt that letting him go was the worst decision I made.

“I’m sorry, Key.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

YO YO! UPDATE!!

I don't have classes until Thursday, so I guess I will be updating later this week.

6 more chapters to go, and this story would be overrr. :'(

And I was planning to rewrite this sory using Key's POV. What do you think? Post a comment for me to know your opinions. :))

Comments are loved! Don't forget to subscribe!

PPYONG~

--iheartkibum