Promises

Forget Me Not

“Minyoung, is that you?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked behind me, and saw Jjong, with Hyorin beside him.

“Where’s Key?!” I said, as I continued to cry.

“Minyoung, you ran away from your wedding?” Hyorin asked.

“I want to see Key! Where is he?! Am I late? Please tell me, I’m not!”

“You remember everything already?”

“Yes! Please, tell me Key’s still here!” I literally begged, as I fell down on my knees.

“What are you doing here, my dear? I thought you’re getting married today,” Auntie Minji suddenly arrived.

“Auntie Minji, where’s Key? Please tell me he’s still here!”

Minho suddenly arrived. He looked at me, and sighed. “He’s gone?”

I nodded, as I fell on the floor, crying. I will never see him again. Key, I love you. Please come back to me. Please.. Don’t leave me..

I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder. Jjong is irritating me. Why would he smell like Key?

“Don’t touch me, Jjong.” I said in a sharp tone.

“I’m not doing anything.” I opened my eyes, and saw Jonghyun in front of me.

Then.. who’s this? Minho’s beside Auntie Minji..

Can it be..

 

 

 

 

“You remember me already?”

 

 

 

 

 

KEY.

I was speechless. All that I was able to do was hug him tight.

 “What are you doing here? Today is your wedding day,” he asked, as he hugged me back.

 “I-I’m sorry for what I said last night, Key. I-I remember it all already. P-please don’t leave me! I love you with all my heart, and I don’t know what I’ll be without you,” I told him, as I cried harder.

He wiped away my tears. “It’s good to know that you already remember everything, Minyoung. But it wouldn’t change my decision. I’ll still go. But don’t worry, I’ll be back after a year, and I’m going to marry you. My love for you will never change,” he caressed my face, and then kissed my forehead.

I hugged Key tighter. “I’ll wait for you, Key,”

He smiled. “I know you will,” he looked at Minho. “Thank you, Minho. I owe you everything,”

Minho smiled back at him. “My pleasure,”

We both stood up.

“Hey, Key, will you still leave? Even if Minyoung remembers you already?” Jjong asked curiously.

He nodded.

“Wait, your flight has been cancelled?” I asked curiously.

“Delayed by thirty minutes.”

 “That’s not a very good decision, Key.” Jjong suddenly said. “Who knows, maybe Minho will still marry Minyoung after you leave,”

Key punched his shoulder lightly. “My Minyoung will never do that to me, right?”

I nodded. “No, never. And besides, Minho has a girlfriend already,”

 “What a life, Key. There’s no thrill at all. No one will be there to steal Minyoung from you while you’re away,” he raised his eyebrow, as I saw a light bulb on top of his head. “Maybe I should?”

Hyorin pinched his cheeks hard. “Just try to do that and I’ll kill you!”

Jjong winced in pain as he tried to stop Hyorin from pinching his cheeks harder. “O-okay, I won’t!”

I laughed gently as I hugged Key tighter.

“Well, I should leave now,” Key suddenly said, breaking the happy mood.

I looked at him with sad eyes, and all that I did was nod.

He held my hand tight. “Don’t worry. I’ll be back,” he kissed the back of my hand, and then smiled.

I hugged him tight for the last time. “Take care of yourself, okay? I love you. I love you so much,”

Key nodded. “Yes, ma’am! I love you more,” he laughed gently, and smiled again.

“Don’t ever think of falling in love with another girl there, okay?”

“Of course. You’re the only one I love,”

He hugged the others as he bid goodbye, and left after a while. I waved at him as he went in, and tried to cover the sadness in my eyes with a smile.

I know that he’ll be back. I’ll wait for him no matter what will happen.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________