Promises

Forget Me Not

                 He laughed gently. “Surprise.”

                “Key,” I said. I was frozen from where I was standing that time, as I cried harder.

                Key walked towards me hurriedly. “Is there something wrong?” he held my arms, as he looked at me with a worried expression on his face.

                I shook my head. I hugged him tight, as I wiped away my tears.

                Key laughed gently as he hugged me back. “I thought something’s wrong,”

                “When did you get here?”

                “Just this afternoon,”

                I smiled as I held his hand. “C’mon, I know you’re hungry. Let’s eat dinner,”

                We walked towards the restaurant, but we stopped when we saw Heejin walking out of the restaurant.

                “Heejin!” Minho called, as he followed her outside.

                “Wait,” I told Key, as we walked back.

                “Who are they?”

                “The girl, is Park Heejin, my father’s personal secretary. And the guy, is Choi Minho, son of a famous businessman. I think he likes her,” I answered in a soft voice. I don’t want them to hear us.

                “Heejin, please listen to me,” Minho said, as he held her hand.

                Heejin stopped, and wiped away her tears. “What now?”

                “I love you, Heejin,”

                 “You can’t love me, Minho,” she said in a sharp tone. “You can’t love me!”

                “Why? Why can’t I love you, Heejin? Why?!”

                “Because, you will be Minyoung’s fiancé! That’s the reason why you can’t love me!”

                I was shocked with what I heard. Even though I knew that this would happen. I looked at Key, and saw his sad expression.

                “I don’t care, Heejin! You’re the one I love! You’re the one I want to marry, not her!” Minho said, and then hugged her tight.

                Heejin tried her best to escape from Minho’s hug, but she can’t. “No, Minho! Let me go!”

                “I don’t care! I love you, Heejin, and no one can change it!”

                Minho kissed her, but she pushed her away. “No, Minh- -“

                Minho kissed her again, and this time, she wasn’t able to stop him. He kissed her passionately, and stopped after a minutes of expressing their love for each other.

                Minho cupped Heejin’s face with his hands. “I love you, and no one can change my mind,”

                Heejin nodded, and hugged him tight. “I love you, too,”

                They hugged each other, and left after a few minutes.

                I looked at Key. “Key,”

                “H-he’s your fiancé?” he asked in a low voice, without even looking at me.

                I shook my head. “No, he isn’t. It’s not what you think it is,”

                “B-but she said he was your fiance,” even in the dark, I can see the sadness in Key’s face.

                I cupped his face with my hands. “He’s not my fiancé, and he will never be. And just in case I would have one, I’ll make sure that that guy is you,” I smiled at him. “Don’t worry, everything would be okay,”

                Key hugged me tight. “I’ll fight for you no matter what will happen,”

                I hugged him tighter. “I would do the same,”

                He smiled. “C’mon, let’s eat dinner. I’m hungry,”

                I laughed gently as I pinched his nose. “Let’s go. My baby is starving,”

               ‘Tell me about your necklace, noona!’ Taemin’s words suddenly entered my mind. This would be a good chance for Key to meet my best friends.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________