Flashbacks from the past

Forget Me Not

After eating, I went to our hotel. I was sitting by the poolside, staring at the beautiful night sky. I saw a little star, shining brightly beside another star. It was so close to the other, like it would never leave each other’s side.

* Flashback*

“You see that star?”

“Which one?”

The guy pointed at the sky. “You’re that star. And that one,” he pointed at the other. “That’s me. that’s how close I want you to be.”

*end of flashback*

 “Miss Minyoung,” an employee at our hotel suddenly said. She was standing beside me, holding a bouquet of lavender.

“Yes?”

“A guy told me to give you this,” she handed me the bouquet.

I raised my eyebrow as I held the bouquet. “Is it Minho?”

She shook her head. “No, Miss Minyoung. He didn’t tell me his name,”

I nodded and smiled. “Okay. Thank you,”

“You’re welcome, Miss Minyoung,” she said with a smile, and then left.

I looked at the bouquet, and something came back again.

It was an image of a guy, standing at the end of a candle-lit path, holding a bouquet of lavender. I didn’t see his face. Again. I still don’t know who he is, but I want to know.

I stood up, and walked around the pool. I was still holding the bouquet, still trying to figure out who gave me this. I looked up at the sky again, and something came back.

’If you miss me, and I’m not by your side, just look at the night sky and search for those two stars. In that way, we’ll always be together.’

A pair of hands suddenly covered my eyes.

I smiled. “Minho, I know it’s you,”

That person slowly removed his or her hands that were covering my eyes. I turned around, and saw an unfamiliar guy with a sad expression on his face.

I tried to smile. “Uhh.. Hi? Do I know you?”

“Huh?”

“I’m sorry, but I don’t know you. Maybe you’ve just mistaken me as your girlfriend,” I handed him the bouquet, and left.

“What are you talking about, Minyoung? This isn’t a good joke, you know,”

I stopped, and turned around. “As you can see, I’m engaged to Choi Minho, and I’m getting married two weeks from now,”

“What engagement are you talking about, Minyoung? You don’t know me? I am Kibum, Minyoung! Kim Kibum! I am Key, I am your boyfriend!” he suddenly said, his tone was higher than usual. Tears came out from his eyes, as he looked at me with sad eyes.

My eyes widened after hearing those words. “W-what? W-what are you talking about? I’m getting married to another guy, yet, you’re my boyfriend? Are you crazy? Or I’m the one who’s crazy?” I told him, and then closed my eyes. I covered my face with my hands, and I was surprised when tears came out from my eyes.

I turned around so that I could leave, but my feet won’t move. I cried harder, and I don’t know why. I felt sad, and I still don’t know the reason why.

That guy named Key hugged me tight. “Minyoung, stop it! This isn’t a good joke!”

“I’m not joking! Let me go!”

“Please, listen to me! I am your boyfriend, not Choi Minho!”

I removed his hand, and ran away. I don’t know who he is, yet, I feel sad for what I did.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________