Chapter 34

Just Married.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr Kwon sat in the car, sighing as his wife started massaging his hand gently. He knew why he was here tonight and he also knew how hard his wife worked on getting him here; the effort was commendable. If he wasn't even willing to meet his daughter-in-law, then he'd be a worse father than he was already. Honestly even if it wasn't for his wife, he would have gone to visit his son of his own accord. 

The only thing stopping him was the fact that Yuri might very well harbour enough hatred for him to chase him out of his house. 

“Honey, you know you can’t get to Yuri unless you welcome Yoona into the family properly. She has done so much for Yuri and their family but for the fact that you’re heartless, she still doesn’t blame you at all.”

Yoona tried persuading Mr Kwon about the reasons why it’d be better to welcome her into the family instead of pushing her away; firstly, it wouldn’t be beneficial, secondly, Yuri would never forgive his father for this – he made it clear before. Obviously Yoona wanted to be accepted warmly like a nice daughter-in-law but looking at the bigger picture, but she also wanted Yuri to have a good relationship with his father.

Mr Kwon should have known that. 

If only he wasn't such a stubborn mule in the first place, they could be living pretty darn happily right now.

“Will she forgive me for being so difficult?”

For once during her son’s marriage with Yoona, Mrs Kwon found a hint of a crack in her husband’s façade when dealing with their precious son. She didn't know whether Yuri would even think about forgiving his father after causing Yoona so much sadness; Yoona was the most important person in Yuri's life and for her to get hurt, it would also mean hurting Yuri indirectly. 

Holding her husband’s hand, Mrs Kwon brought it to the top of her lap and caressed the back of his palm with her thumb, “Yuri might be angry but he’s a soft-hearted boy, you should know that.”

Hopefully, Yuri doesn't forget whatever Mr Kwon has done for him even through his anger.

 

To: Yoona

Appa is back in Korea already and he's with me now. I think we can dinner together later? Yuri probably needs to be convinced right now. 

From: Umma

 

Yoona groaned and she plopped her back into her swivel chair in the study room; the entire morning had already been slighty rocky after she shouted at Yuri for not taking care of the kids. She never meant to shout at him like that; if Soojung didn't fall down at the park, Yoona wouldn't have been so upset or pissy in the first place. She thought her father-in-law would only be back tommorrow night.

“Gosh. You’re in a pissy mood, Im Yoona.”

It was no surprise that her hormones and moodswings were becoming worse during pregnancy but it was especially bad this time. Yet, then again Yoona had twins before so she didn’t know the difference between the moodswings when having a boy or a girl.

“UMMAAAA!!”

Oh no.

This was definitely not good timing; Yoona was not over her pissy mood just yet and she didn’t want to end up shouting at her precious children. Yuri might understand why she was excessively angry just now because he had been through it too but her children are not old enough to understand why she would shout at them for nothing. 

“Sehun, Umma’s busy. You can find her later if you want to talk to our little peanut.”

Yuri literally just saved their children from an unnecessary scolding; Yoona would thank him for it later. For now, she couldn't focus on anything else except the way she was going to tell Yuri about his father. Yuri was not going to take it well for sure, especially since Yoona wasn't supposed to know about what he talked about with Mrs Kwon the other day. 

Knock, knock.

“U-Um… Y-Yoong?”

“Yes?”

Yoona turned around and her heart melted uncontrollably, seeing the behaviour of a kicked puppy Yuri was displaying. She was a bit too harsh on her husband obviously; the way she’d shouted and almost slapped him was starting to remind her of how fierce she could be when she was angry. It also reminded her of a familiar time where she was pissed with Yuri before they got together.

“Come here, Yul.”

“Are you sure?”

The hesitation in her husband was making Yoona feel really guilty about it all. Yuri looked so afraid to approach her that Yoona wanted to embrace him and apologise profusely; it was neither of their faults but Yoona was the one having moodswings so she felt worse about it. She opened her arms for her husband and smiled at him. 

Yuri almost bounced in his step as he made his way towards Yoona, elated at how she seemed to have lost all her previous anger. He was the one who tried to help Yoona through her first pregnancy and he also pulled through with her; these little moodswings were not going to get in the way anytime soon. There was almost nothing to worry about for Yoona, not when Yuri was her husband. 

“I’m sorry,” Yuri mumbled into Yoona’s shoulder, “I should have taken better care of Soojung.”

Yoona shook her head with a sigh, weaving her fingers through Yuri’s hair as she hugged Yuri’s head closer to her neck. “I’m sorry... my moodswings are just becoming worse and I really shouldn’t be scolding you like that. I’m sorry, babe. It won't happen again.” Yoona whispered softly, turning slightly to give Yuri a kiss on the head.

The couple stayed in their embrace for a while, trying to get rid of the sour taste of this morning's small argument. Yuri liked the fact that Yoona even bothered to apologise for something that wasn't her fault. Yoona was a sweetheart all the time and Yuri wasn't about to make a big deal out of him getting a scolding he deserved.

Yuri pulled away and pecked Yoona's lips once more before sitting opposite his wife on his own swivel chair. “Appa’s back in Seoul. Did Umma tell you already?” Yuri asked, taking Yoona by complete surprise. 

Yoona must have looked like she was lagging for a moment because Yuri started waving his hands in front of her face, even snapping his fingers a couple of times. She flashed Yuri an apologetic smile before caressing his cheek tenderly, staring at her husband's face just a little longer. Yuri must have suffered more than she thought during her pregnancy if not he wouldn't be this understanding. 

“How did you know Appa was back?”

“You knew?”

“Umma told me beforehand,” Yoona admitted softly, grabbing hold of Yuri’s hand so he wouldn’t leave the room. “I wanted to take this chance to make you and Appa know the importance of your relationship.”

No, Yuri was not in any way upset or angry with Yoona; not when his wife was trying to do something beneficial for him and their entire family in general.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter